Deceased/Not Found Bahamas - Cameron Robbins, 18, Louisiana teen jumped overboard from sunset cruise, Nassau, 25 May 2023 *Graphic*

Heartbreaking.

What should have been a fun celebration turned ugly in mere minutes.

We were in Maui last December, and there was a shark attack close to one of our favorite beaches. A couple on vacation were snorkeling, about 150 yards from shore during the day, and she disappeared . . . just like that.

Some Maui natives apparently witnessed this.

So very, very sad.

Hoping and praying for a miracle.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
It seems he couldn't have just tripped, so he was doing some kind of daredevil thing. IMO, that has nothing to do with wealth or school or intoxicants, it's just being a young man. All over the world they try exciting things, and some of them don't survive. Diving off cliffs, exploring caves, etc. (It is, of course, heartbreaking anyway).

JMO

Last edited:
I'm starting to lean more away from that video showing any marine life or him being taken. I think he just got pulled away by the current and probably drowned or maybe was grabbed by something, later.

Let me offer a bit more of an explanation.

If the end of the video supposedly shows the shark grabbing him... think about it. What are you saying happened? The shark came up from underneath him, grabbed him, then put it in reverse? I don't think that's how a shark works. There are tons of videos of shark attacks of animals on the surface and none of them look like that (that I've seen). Shark swims forward... bites... there would be thrashing, water churning, etc..

Also, people have pointed out that it looks like you can see him emerge again through the netting at the very end of the video.

Most likely... he turned to swim towards the back of the boat where there was a ladder. He couldn't get there and a strong current pulled him off into the darkness before he could be rescued.

Last edited:
I am assuming he jumped off of the side of the boat near the center where the rails are the lowest.

Or did he jump from the high point on the stern, nearer the prop?

It looks like he is off the starboard side of the boat. The video seems to be taken from more towards the bow, but they are looking back toward the stern.

I think a good guess is he jumped off somewhere in the middle of the boat.

Did a bit more looking using YT videos of the ship (there are several and recent).

It looks like the video is taken by someone standing on deck 1 (I don't know what to call the lowest level) on the starboard side, either just on or at the base of stairs to up go up to a bow deck - so about 1/3 of the way back from the bow. You can see netting to both the bow and stern side of the camera position. Further along in the video (around :14), there is a quick looking back through the "bow" side netting and it gives you an idea of just how far he drifted in a short period.

It looks like when the video started he was maybe "even" with the camera position on the boat and 14 seconds later he had moved quite a ways towards the stern... relatively speaking, I'd say his position had moved 1/2 to almost 2/3 the length of the boat.

A combination of the boat moving/current/and him swimming in that direction. Not sure how to weigh each, but I don't see much in the way of aggressive kicking/paddling... I think it's mostly a combination of the boat and current. Think for a moment... that was just what happened in 15 seconds... where would he have been 15 seconds after that... and after that... and after that.

It doesn't look like there was any ladder at the rear of the boat - but YT video makes it look like there may have been one on the port side. If he wasn't moving away from a shark... maybe he was trying to go around the boat to get to the other side? It's a guess. But who can really say what was going on in the mind of a (presumably) drunk teen.

Still think it's likely he jumped off towards the middle... or maybe from the 2nd level bow deck. Really depends on how quickly the video started after he entered the water.

Last edited:
This is the clearest image I’ve seen of him in the water and whatever else may or may not be there. Wanted to share.

This image is from the link, which was taken from social media, I believe.

IMG_9707.jpeg

This is the clearest image I’ve seen of him in the water and whatever else may or may not be there. Wanted to share.

This image is from the link, which was taken from social media, I believe.

View attachment 425918

For two seconds, I wondered if it wasn't a dolphin checking him out.

I then googled when dolphins swim, and they generally rest at night.

I'm starting to lean more away from that video showing any marine life or him being taken. I think he just got pulled away by the current and probably drowned or maybe was grabbed by something, later.

Let me offer a bit more of an explanation.

If the end of the video supposedly shows the shark grabbing him... think about it. What are you saying happened? The shark came up from underneath him, grabbed him, then put it in reverse? I don't think that's how a shark works. There are tons of videos of shark attacks of animals on the surface and none of them look like that (that I've seen). Shark swims forward... bites... there would be thrashing, water churning, etc..

Also, people have pointed out that it looks like you can see him emerge again through the netting at the very end of the video.

Most likely... he turned to swim towards the back of the boat where there was a ladder. He couldn't get there and a strong current pulled him off into the darkness before he could be rescued.

RBBM

The witnesses to the Maui attack described similar behavior by the shark.

I think the SAR teams would be looking at oceans currents to find CR; hopefully he will be found.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
This is local to me (BR). This whole situation hurts my heart. I had a talk with my school age kids about the dangers of alcohol and how it can impair your decision making skills. Just terrible.

ADMIN NOTE:

The video being discussed has been removed as it is from an unknown source and there is no way this video should be on the internet unless it is released by LE or MSM.

The OP and all responses have been removed. Please do not discuss it.

Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back