BAHAMAS - Goran & Nevina Labouovic & two sons, 16 August 2001

Shadow205

Reaction score
I came across this today. I had never read anything on it before.

Last Known Location:
Northern Bahamas for a "cruise" of the islands on August 16th 2001.
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Have not had contact for since the first week they left stating they were heading south. They had just purchased a large boat and hired a local skipper.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Father "Goran", mother "Nevina", and two sons "Igore" & "Evonne". Goran is musculair built, brown hair and eyes, 6'1 and slim, Slovenia accent and speaks good english. Nevina is 5'11 thin, also works out and broken english. Both boys 13 & 14 years of age, have brown hair, normal height, and speak both slovenia and english.http://www.visitaruba.com/facts/newsdesk/missing.html

[/font]

Alright, I did a little bit of digging for this.

I could not find any mention of this family besides the links provided here and reposts of those on various blogs, plus they usually talk about other cases on the page such as Natalee Holloway.
Slovenia doesn't have a great missing persons page, but I found one that is pretty bare, not a lot of cases registered, you can't search them, and no one from the family is on it anyway.
Another page mentions that the mother was apparently a well-respected artist, however googling her name doesn't show anything.

Next, I want to talk about names and how I think some are probably misspelled.
"Labouovic" is a new one for me, I've never heard of it and I find it a bit weird to pronounce, but I could also be encountering it for the first time. Googling the name always corrects it to "Labudović" which is much more common. Another similar surmane is "Labović".
The sons' names, Igore and Evonne - both are weird. "Igor" is the normal way of spelling it, unique spellings of common names isn't really something Slovenians do, at least from what I know. As for Evonne, from the way you'd pronounce it in English I believe his name should be "Ivan". That would make the sons Igor and Ivan both of which are more common names.
Still, with all that nothing about them comes up. I know that if someone from my country went missing abroad it would be reported. It's unusal that there's nothing, even for the anniversary of the disappearance.

Bumping case up. There doesn't seem to be any articles online about the case. How very sad that this family went missing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel1987
Back