Bahamas - Jordan Lindsey, 21 Attacked and Killed by Sharks. 26 June 2019

PastTense

Reaction score
"Jordan Lindsey was attacked and killed by sharks in the Bahamas while she was snorkeling with her family on June 26...

According to Paul Rolle, deputy commissioner for the Royal Bahamas Police Force, she was snorkeling with her family, including her parents, when the sharks attacked. Some family members tried to yell and warn her about the sharks, but she didn’t hear them...

Three sharks attacked Lindsey while she was snorkeling, Bahama officials said. They bit her legs, buttocks, arms, and severed her right arm. Her mother, Kami Lindsey, was in the water with her and tried to get Lindsey to shore but she had lost too much blood..."

Jordan Lindsey: Tribute to the Bahamas Shark Attack Victim | Heavy.com
pjimage-3-13.jpg

How horrific! In front of her family.
I wonder if there had been any dive groups in the area that use bait to lure sharks for the tourists?I also wonder what type of sharks they were?You usually hear of shark bites with a single shark mistaking a human but having 3 attack in a frenzy is rare I think, at least I hope it is rare.

That is very unusual, especially in areas where they allow snorkeling. I'm wondering if maybe she was menstruating, and that attracted the sharks. There has to be a reason since her mom was in water too and had no issue.

Or maybe she had Shiny Embellishments like Sequin on her Bathing Suit. That would attract sharks to bite.

Keep Your Yellow Clothing at Home

“Sharks see contrast particularly well, so any color that forms contrast with the ocean will be more apparent, particularly yellow,” George Burgess, director of Florida’s Program for Shark Research at the Florida Museum of Natural History in Gainesville, Florida, tells PEOPLE.

Shark experts, he says, call the neon yellow often seen on bathing suits and life vests, “Yum yum yellow,” because it can be readily seen by sharks.

Another thing, he says, is “to avoid is wearing shiny jewelry, because the light glinting off of it can look like light glinting off of fish scales.”

How to Avoid Sharks (Hint: Don't Wear This Color) — and What to Do If You're Attacked

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back