GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that you don't get offered a public defender until you are actually arrested. At that point, they'll ask if you've got an attorney or want one. If you want one and can't afford it, then they'll set you up with a public defender.

Then again, I have never heard of public defenders being available in civil cases. The unfortunate fact is, if you are wronged and can't afford an attorney to file a civil suit, tough luck for you. Ordinary folks in HM's position who don't have money for an attorney in civil court basically get screwed. Cohen did something I've never heard of - he solicited pro bono representation for HM when she ran out of money for an attorney.

Thanks for the updates! I would think that someone with a million dollar trust would not qualify for a public defender.

It does sound like there will be a ruling even if HM does not testify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a possible future scenario.

TS probably can't be retried in the US for murder, only for conspiracy, the same charge that send his cousin to prison for 9 years. Whether or not HM can be tried for murder is still unclear, but she could certainly be tried for conspiracy and I think they'll go for murder.

Suppose she comes back to the US and TS announces he is willing to cut a deal with the feds. If the feds agree not to prosecute him for conspiracy when he comes back to the US, he will tell them the truth about HM's involvement - that she was not only the mastermind who tried to kill her mother with an overdose, she was also the one who struck the first blow.

It could happen that way. I think the number one priority for the feds is making HM pay for what she did.

Has HM or TS said anything about the volcano? I know they aren't in the evacuation zone, but another prison is, and prisoners from there have been moved to other locations. I'm just wondering if they're nervous and if it is extra crowded.

Additionally, this would be a good time to get Stella out of the country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting that Noor Ellis, who was at one time reported to be a roommate of HM was moved from Kerobokan after her conviction and is now being moved from her present jail, along with other inmates, due to the volcano. I wonder why she was moved from Kerobokan? Something tells me she wouldn't have enjoyed the young "party" atmosphere in the woman's section of Kerobokan.

https://www.themorningbulletin.com....t-aussie-inmates-evacuated-bali-jail/3228379/

Interesting that Noor Ellis, who was at one time reported to be a roommate of HM was moved from Kerobokan after her conviction and is now being moved from her present jail, along with other inmates, due to the volcano. I wonder why she was moved from Kerobokan? Something tells me she wouldn't have enjoyed the young "party" atmosphere in the woman's section of Kerobokan.

https://www.themorningbulletin.com....t-aussie-inmates-evacuated-bali-jail/3228379/

I saw that too when I was trying to find out the status of Heather Mack. From the further evidence I found, the jail she moved to was viewed as the sober jail.
One person said if you weren't on drugs or an alcoholic, you wanted to be there, or if you were trying to get off drugs and alcohol, that was the jail to be in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CONTINUANCE - ALLOWED -

Date: 11/28/2017
Court Time: 0930

Judge: COHEN, NEIL, H.

This is getting really drug out. I had also tried to find any info about HM and the jail moving. It seems they are out of the path of danger.

Activity Date: 10/11/2017 Participant: MACK HEATHER
MOTION SCHEDULED (MOTION COUNTER ONLY)

Date: 10/18/2017
Court Time: 1000
Attorney: ELKIN MICHAEL

***WITHDRAW(SET FOR MOTION HEARING)

CERTIFICATE FILED

EXHIBITS FILED

NOTICE OF MOTION FILED

PROOF OF SERVICE FILED

MOTION FILED

https://w3.courtlink.lexisnexis.com...v=&caseno=&PLtype=1&sname=mack+heather&CDate=

I wonder what's up and how Elkin got involved again?

Looks like Favia is out and Elkin is back in. :notgood:

Activity Date: 10/18/2017 Participant: MACK HEATHER
MOTION TO - ALLOWED -

Activity Date: 10/18/2017 Participant: MACK HEATHER
WITHDRAWAL OF ATTORNEY FROM CASE - ALLOWED -

Attorney: VERGARA FAVIA LTD

Just a reminder that there's another hearing coming up on Tuesday, Nov 28th. Probably will result in another continuance but that's just more time for HM to rot in Kerobokan, hopefully without the benefit of cash from Stella's funds. But probably not. Or I'm sure we would have heard from her by now. :rolleyes:

Just a reminder that there's another hearing coming up on Tuesday, Nov 28th. Probably will result in another continuance but that's just more time for HM to rot in Kerobokan, hopefully without the benefit of cash from Stella's funds. But probably not. Or I'm sure we would have heard from her by now. :rolleyes:

Has she been on social media?

What has she been saying on IG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She doesn't post on there, she just adds or removes followers. So she still has access to it. Which means she still has a phone with wifi.

OS has been advertising on Bali Facebook groups looking for an apt, a jeep and a night job so I don't know what's going on with her and Stella.

I can't seem to find out if the prison is near the volcano eruption. These two need to choke on ash.

Thanks to those who are posting updates.

Ciao

I can't seem to find out if the prison is near the volcano eruption. These two need to choke on ash.

Thanks to those who are posting updates.

Ciao

Unfortunately they are about 65km away from the volcano so they likely won't be feeling the effects and the evacuation zone is only within 10km. But I still enjoyed the sentiment. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong