Bangladeshi girl charged with adultery was lashed to death

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by mysticrose, Apr 20, 2011.

1. mysticrose

mysticrose The key to change... is to let go of fear

WARNING DISTURBING

I wasn't real sure where to put this, so mods feel free to move this. In my opinion this "is" a crime against a child, and the world needs to see what in the hello is going on here !

Only 14, Bangladeshi girl charged with adultery was lashed to death
    March 30th, 2011

Shariatpur, Bangladesh (CNN) -- Hena Akhter's last words to her mother proclaimed her innocence. But it was too late to save the 14-year-old girl.

Her fellow villagers in Bangladesh's Shariatpur district had already passed harsh judgment on her. Guilty, they said, of having an affair with a married man. The imam from the local mosque ordered the fatwa, or religious ruling, and the punishment: 101 lashes delivered swiftly, deliberately in public.

Hena dropped after 70.

Bloodied and bruised, she was taken to hospital, where she died a week later

Amazingly, an initial autopsy report cited no injuries and deemed her death a suicide. Hena's family insisted her body be exhumed. They wanted the world to know what really happened to their daughter.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/29/bangladesh.lashing.death/index.html

2. Loading...

3. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ New Member

OMG! I'm left speechless and with tears.

4. MorenoI

MorenoI New Member

Yes, this is very sad and this seems to happen quite often. Young girls being forced to marry grown men, in my opinion is also abuse.

I'm not sure if this is the same one were the girl says she was raped and it was not an affair. But either way, these young girls are treated as a piece of property and I hate that!!!

5. Hopeful One

Hopeful One Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who

It doesn't surprise that such atrocities still exist in this world. I say it all the time but poverty and lack of education are the source of so many evils.