Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading through the filing.

(1) What makes her think she "owns" her bedroom furniture at Hopespring?

(2) She's trying to list every person she thinks could possibly have any legal "beef" with her whatsoever (which is a good idea under the circumstances). I doubt that most of these people have made any demand or claim against her.

(3) It appears that she relies upon the kindness of strangers. Didn't Cheney M. say she was working for her room and board? :waitasec:

(4) Her BK lawyer is working for free. Nice. What witchcraft does this girl possess?

I'm thinking iodine arias would like to know as well:what:

You can't list future debts, but you can list potential debts based on PAST facts...like if someone might sue you for something you already did.

BanKruptcy. :)

Shouldn't income from interview be listed as income?

Still showing skin, I guess those tan lines are suppose to be sexy, puke!

Bless her little heart, she has no money to buy from a clothing store. She was forced to buy that hideous dress from a thrift shop.

What does Casey have to offer? We live in a time where every kind of "celebrity" is revered. Doesn't matter how you come by that celebrity. We don't hold with much in the way of morals and values in our culture anymore.

To be in a photo op with Casey Anthony, to be part of her "circle" means that people pay attention to YOU too...that YOUR name is in the media...that your law firm or network gets a countless dollars worth of free publicity. Casey, may be a baby-killer, but she has celebrity stardust to sprinkle around those that get close.

If she leads a charmed life, now and in the future, it is because we live in a culture that admires the "ladies" on Jersey Shore so much that we pay them millions to watch their antics and Casey's lifestyle wasn't any grubbier than that. Caylee, well, a jury found her not guilty.

We live in a culture where juries factor in what verdict works best FOR THEM. And we live in a culture where lying is a political and social norm. "Everyone lies, everyone dies." Yup, Casey, you are the spokeswoman for Our Times.

I just cannot believe she can skirt the IRS and I even thought court fines were upheld otherwise all criminals would choose this route to avoid their debts. Please dont tell me they are making a special exception for her , I want to take my shoe off and throw it against the wall. I think i will

Silly me. It has always been my understanding an IRS bill cannot be bankrupted on. Learn something new everyday. :banghead:

Does anyone have an opinion on why she waited so long to file bankruptcy. Surely, Morgan has been anticipating this.

Does anyone have an opinion on why she waited so long to file bankruptcy. Surely, Morgan has been anticipating this.

Just in case the felonies were overturned. I assume that the bulk of her debts and potential debts would have dissipated if her convictions were overturned.

It is disingenuous for her atty's to say that the two events are unrelated. JMVHO.

I also think that there ARE people following the money trail. This is a lot of money to be able to walk away from. This is just the first shot-like alluded to, they are throwing everyone into the filing. The key will be what happens when this gets in front of a judge.

And like beach and ThinkTank pointed out, the ones who ARENT listed might be the most interesting at the end of the day.

One question for our experts-

Why didnt the IRS pursue her for the 68K in the last few years? I mean, why wasnt she in tax court pleading her case? Was a judgement issued against her already for the money?

Remember Neal Haskell on the stand? JB was doing his hypocritical "are you being paid" questioning and NH snarked that he was still waiting for his payment for the deposition he gave JB. I bet not one of the experts such as that, or any of the defense experts have been paid one dime. We always wondered if the defense experts were all donating their time but this was a State expert who charged for his time the defense was taking. I hope some of those defense experts were told they would be paid and are now getting stiffed and they turn around and expose this fraud.

What does Casey have to offer? We live in a time where every kind of "celebrity" is revered. Doesn't matter how you come by that celebrity. We don't hold with much in the way of morals and values in our culture anymore.

To be in a photo op with Casey Anthony, to be part of her "circle" means that people pay attention to YOU too...that YOUR name is in the media...that your law firm or network gets a countless dollars worth of free publicity. Casey, may be a baby-killer, but she has celebrity stardust to sprinkle around those that get close.

If she leads a charmed life, now and in the future, it is because we live in a culture that admires the "ladies" on Jersey Shore so much that we pay them millions to watch their antics and Casey's lifestyle wasn't any grubbier than that. Caylee, well, a jury found her not guilty.

We live in a culture where juries factor in what verdict works best FOR THEM. And we live in a culture where lying is a political and social norm. "Everyone lies, everyone dies." Yup, Casey, you are the spokeswoman for Our Times.

WOW! you said exactly what I am thinking and said it so perfectly! Thank you.
In my opinion, it is such an extreme SHAME that Adam Longo of CBS5 in Phoenix is patted on the back and praised and maybe even envied by other "journalists" because he got some phone interviews and photos of FCA. Truly shameful accomplishment. But he is treated like "the MAN"! I would be so ashamed of Adam Longo if I was his relative. So embarrassed and ashamed for him.

It is disheartening and shameful that people must even bring to light the dishonor in all of this, it should be a given. We should bring attention and the spotlight to people who have done something honorable and praiseworthy, NOT to any convicted thief and liar. We should not glorify a person who has never taken responsibility for any of their actions and who has lived off of deceit and manipulation of others and who is now using the legal system to continue to defraud and acquire money they have not earned.

The only reason the public even knows the name of Casey Anthony is because her precious, innocent daughter was murdered. CAYLEE is the story.

This all makes me incredibly SAD. My heart goes out to other people who have had to suffer through and continue to live with the kind of INJUSTICE that Caylee has been dealt. And to watch the perpetrator elevated to some kind of rock star status. Almost unbearable.

My dirty little secret is that we had to file bankruptsy back in 2008 or 9 because of medical debt for a heart attack I had. Had I known then that I could jot down future possible debts I would have listed every medical facility, ambulance services and anything to to do with one's health in my state as now we are back into medical debt because of an arotic valve replacement that my hubby had to have 2 years ago.
I'm sorry but I could really have a good cry over this. How is it even possible or fair that this woman has gotten away with everything? No need to answer as I know all of you are wondering the same thing.

And your situation is what bankruptcy is for. That is the appropriate use of the process. It wasn't designed so someone could lie and murder and get out of any resulting lawsuits.

Very, very true.

The quickest way to get in big trouble is to pick & choose which creditors you want to list and omit others in an attempt to show favor. Bottom line - if they are not listed, it is legally safe to assume Casey doesn't believe she owes them anything.

And, just for clarity - I don't believe any of that is true in this case. I don't buy that Pat McKenna has been babysitting her since the acquittal without expecting some compensation. Same for Dorothy Sims, Cheney Mason and the rest of them. This is where the money laundering issue comes in for me. The money trail is gonna be hard to follow but I bet dollars to donuts those folks not listed that ThinkTank referenced are gonna have funds dribbled down through and to them. I hope they all get burned badly. It is time somebody pays a price for these shenanigans. Makes me sick.

Mason already got an under-the-table money deal with Piers Morgan when Mason gave Piers a photo of FCA and let Piers talk to her on the phone and published his phone interview content on his show. I expect more of the same.

did she not list her computer she bought with her own money I have a video in which she admits to buying said computer with her " own" money???

How can she value her pictures and family pictures at $25? In my world my pictures might only be worth $25 but in FCA's world her family pictures are a lot more valuable IMO. As pertains to earnings of course. God what a mess :(

If the creditors know what they are doing, they will be providing the Trustee with all FCA's earnings, and any other documents, so she does not get everything discharged. They need to be at all the hearings and contesting everything with proof. From a personal experience, I had someone try to file bankruptcy on me, they owned 2 million dollar homes, was leasing one out, tried to keep both homes, 3 cars, harley, was only filing income of $45,000 a year, clearly their assets (not all listed) was not properly documented. I was a hawk in doing everything humanly possible to not have them skate again. It worked for me. Others, who did not put the effort in and didn't show up, the debt was discharged. They should have tossed the entire fraudulent bankruptcy and charged the person, but the courts aren't aggressive. You have to be your own advocate.

I have a feeling the Trustee and Judge will be/or should be getting an ear full and piles of paperwork. :please: I'm starting to think she really is teflon. :banghead::banghead:

In regards to the pictures...I want to smack that smirk off her face and somehow get her, FOR ONCE, to think about Caylee! The entire A Family disgusts me. I have lost faith in our justice system. The P12 should be ashamed. This case is just so outrageous! If I were to walk across the street, I get a jaywalking ticket! :furious:

Sorry for the rant...two text messages on this case in two days, and not an ounce of justice on the way. :moo:

Would it be best for someone who wants to HELP the creditors a little [Zenaida, Tim Miller, Roy Kronk, realtor, expert witnesses, etc.], to write directly to a creditor who is listed on the bankruptcy filing, and provide the creditor with detailed information regarding FCA's money sources and ommissions of other creditors [Lee Anthony, prosecutor Frank George, State Witnesses, P.I. Pat McKenna, Atty Mason, Atty Fryer, Atty Dot Sims, jury consultant Rosalie Bolin, church people Steve Camp of the Cross Church, etc.] on the filing, or to write to the Bankruptcy Court?

Has the case been assigned to any particular Bankruptcy Judge yet?
Where is the docket posted for bankruptcy cases?

Wouldn't the money she received while in prison count as a gift? She left jail with cash from her account (I can't recall the amount.) That certainly doesn't seem to be listed.

And, if I am remembering correctly, Cheney Mason said in one interview that many people were being very generous in their "gifts" to Casey.

In the filing it says that gift cards and monetary donations are "unknown."

How can that be acceptable to the BK court?

Everyone saw this coming, what I don't understand is why she filed before the civil cases are over with, unless they are added to the bankruptcy before a judgement is even brought down, which I can't see how that could happen.

She just wants to be free to get money for interviews and book deals.

I do not understand how all those people pictured with her can stand being around her for one minute, much less pose with her like they just love her.

I see she hasn't lost that attitude. She still thinks she is hot sh@t.

Originally Posted by Frigga
CBS is testing the waters.
I will be giving them my clear response!

Let me know how, and I'll be right there with you.

CBS 5 GENERAL MANAGER - accepts viewer concerns and suggestions - cbs5gm@cbs5az.com

CBS 5
4016 N. Black Canyon Hwy.
Phoenix, AZ 85017
Phone 602.264.1000

KPHO-TV ("CBS 5"), the CBS affiliate television station in Phoenix, Arizona

Parent company, Owned By
Meredith Corporation

1716 Locust St
Des Moines, IA 50309
phone - 515.284.3000

CEO, Chair - Steve Lacy
http://www.meredith.com

Meredith is the leading media and marketing company inspiring 100 million women at every life stage.
Des Moines/New York · http://meredith.com

Media Inquiries only
Corporate

Art Slusark, 515/284-3404
EMAIL art.slusark@meredith.com
Broadcasting

Lauren Burt, 515/284-3125
EMAIL lauren.burt@meredith.com

Funny, but I don't remember my attorney and his staff getting together to hold up a "Team LambChop" sign for a photo shoot when I closed on my house. Maybe someone should put this picture before the judge to consider. What law firm does that????? One that expects their client is a future BIG OLE money maker. If she can put in her claim who she perceives as future potential debt judgments against her why can't the judge consider her future money making possibilities. Past offers of millions of dollars she has turned down should be considered. One was just for an interview. She has no income yet lives lavishly, travels around moving from place to place. That takes money. She certainly is not homeless with that bling on her hand. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow