Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by Bullwinkle, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. believe09

believe09 Well-Known Member

2. believe09

?? The money to the IRS is non governmental and a non priority?? She should have been in tax court by now, right?

This is a qualification listed on Schedule E:

3. watcher9

watcher9 Well-Known Member

Well, I posted up thread and forgot to ask the questions. I am just flabbergasted!

How could she have filed late Friday night? Doesn't the courthouse close at 5pm?

Greene said they had been preparing this for a while now. Were they waiting to find an exclusive outlet for the first interview that would sneak in via the national CBS?

4. strawberry

strawberry Well-Known Member

So are the people she owed screwed or do they get paid somehow? Also, you know her Bella Vita tattoo is showing in the back with that tube top dress on.

5. believe09

OK=
    Anyone know why this isnt on Schedule E??

6. watcher9

I thought JB said he was willing to represent FCA without pay after she was declared indigent. This is after FCA supposedly paid him $200,000 she received for Caylee's pictures. If he is expecting payment for an additional $500,000, then did he defraud the State by submitting expenses to them?

7. believe09

Really? I wish Az was here-she may have relinquished those rights?? So what about the new photos that were included in today's media?

8. believe09

9. rossva

rossva George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.

She's been off probation since the end of August. Tans don't take that long. She could have tanned while on probation even. I don't believe one has anything to do with the other.

10. kaki

kaki New Member

It figures they would all be attorneys waiting for their big pay off...yuk. Where will she be once the slimy attorneys back off?

11. watcher9

She's filing chapter 7 bankruptcy.
    According to Wiki,

Common exceptions to discharge include child support, income taxes less than 3 years old and property taxes, student loans (unless the debtor prevails in a difficult-to-win adversary proceeding brought to determine the dischargeability of the student loan), and fines and restitution imposed by a court for any crimes committed by the debtor.

Fines and restitution = The fine print says for any crimes committed by the debtor. Since she was found not guilty, does that mean she can get rid of these debts imposed by the court? If she had all of her appeals found in her favor, she would be innocent of the lying convictions of $1,000 each, but I guess she will be stuck with two of them.

12. md89

md89 Member

Isn't the Jodi Arias trial held in Arizona? If so, that must be all over the news...one murderer trying to steal another murderers thunder.

13. strawberry

I wouldn't think so. She still has the two lying convictions and that is what she owes for..lying and costing Orange County all the money investigating .

14. krkrjx

krkrjx The answer is blowin' in the wind.

I believe LE fines are dischargeable in bankruptcy, as well as other legal fees. IRS is not automatically discharged but can be if they agree to it. And my bet is the IRS will not pursue either Casey or Baez. They only go where they know there is a reasonable chance they can collect; for the IRS, it's all about available revenue, not revenge.

15. Pattymarie

Pattymarie Active Member

Note the ring on her 4th finger, left hand

16. believe09

I am not thinking about revenge. Honestly. And thanks to those who clarified Chapter 7 and ****** who gave us some details, I get that she can discharge debts which resulted from her criminal actions.

Wouldnt that be something. Wouldnt it be something if she get's to walk away from it all?

What have we become when the murder of a child is reduced to time served and another empty threat of punishment for Casey?

Maybe she is teflon.

Ah well, at the end of the day no one every believed her any way-not her mother, not LE, not even her own attorneys.

I wonder if that registers at all.

17. krkrjx

Yes. That is what it means. She would not be able to discharge any LE debt she incurred in the commission of a crime. But her NG verdict says she didn't do anything illegal other than tell two lies. So all but $2,000 will probably be discharageable. And yes, she can claim debts she has not actually incurred yet (the civil cases pending).

I don't even care anymore. I wanted justice for Caylee and that is NEVER going to happen no matter how much money she owes, dischargeable or not.

18. strawberry

OMG! It's the Tiffany ring Cindy's been looking for!

19. believe09

Gift cards from third parties...keep reading ;)

20. krkrjx

Oh, I understand that. I was just saying the IRS typically does not go after someone for revenge. They go after money owed and if they know there is no money, it is not worth expending resources trying to collect so even if the IRS debt is not formally discharged the IRS will probably not go after it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.