Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2010-07/55220170.pdf

As excerpted earlier:

"I, Casey Marie Anthony am represented by Jose Baez in the above entitled action. The estimated amount of fees for the attorney named above in this case is
$ 89,454.83 dollars. The fees paid or to be paid to the attorney were or are being paid by: Casey Marie Anthony ...
No other compensation, things of value or funds have been paid or are anticipated to be paid in the future to the attorney in this case from any other person or source. The attorney represents me in other cases as follows:

Case No: 2008-CF-013331-A-0 Fee: $ 0.00

Under penalty of perjury, I declare that I have read the foregoing Indigent for Costs Affidavit of Attorney's Fees and that the facts in it are true.

3-3-10 signed by Casey Anthony"

But then on her bk affidavit she claims that on page 39
"10. Other transfers"
NAME AND ADDRESS OF TRANSFEREE...The Baez Law Firm
9/9/2011
"Debtor may have reliquished (sp) rights to photographs of Debtor. Value unknown"

Ladies and gentlemen, I am poised (and overly ready) to do the happy dance!

LG, let me know when it's time to bake the thwart cakes ~ I'm eager to help!

LOL LOL - as soon as I stop rolling in the aisles with this news!!

Can someone translate this into laymen's terms for me? TIA
Frigga,
The best I can muddle out of this is that when Casey filed her paperwork for indignant status (to make the state of FL pay for her defense) she swore that JB's charges for defending her were just over $89,000 and that no future money nor assets of any kind were expected to be paid to him.
But now on her bankruptcy filing she is swearing that she might owe him another $500,000.
Plus, now we discover that after she swore he would receive only the $89 thousand we see that she claims on the bankruptcy paperwork that she "may" have also given him the rights to some of her photographs.
She also lists, on her bankruptcy claim, that she possibly owes money to AL, who quite publicly announced that she was working pro bono and the meager $22 thousand she had received were used to cover administrative fees and travel expenses that she had incurred. Casey's claim to owe AL any past (or future?) debts to AL are just as invalid as those to JB.

LOL LOL - as soon as I stop rolling in the aisles with this news!!

I can only imagine the fit Casey is throwing right now. You know she has to be livid and I love it. What was the fine for lying on these documents again? If this isn't blatant fraud... I don't know what is?

Okay I just had a peek ahead and imagined a couple of scenarios...

Let's say Baez gets his feet held to the fire over this (do you suppose he was planning on showing up tomorrow?) and he denies knowing she was going to claim this?

And FCA flips out - loses her temper because she thinks she's in trouble again and turns on him - BIG TIME...... and.... :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

maybe I should start baking...:great:

Okay I just had a peek ahead and imagined a couple of scenarios...

Let's say Baez gets his feet held to the fire over this (do you suppose he was planning on showing up tomorrow?) and he denies knowing she was going to claim this?

And FCA flips out - loses her temper because she thinks she's in trouble again and turns on him - BIG TIME...... and.... :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

maybe I should start baking...:great:

I'm not convinced that JB was involved in this one. The advantage goes only to Casey to list him as it's not as if he would ever really get paid anything from this, right?

It helps her to appear more in debt than she really is but doesn't help him at all.

Oh, except for the pictures. Right ~ Is that what you mean?

(Preheating my oven here!!!!)

I'm not convinced that JB was involved in this one. The advantage goes only to Casey to list him as it's not as if he would ever really get paid anything from this, right?

It helps her to appear more in debt than she really is but doesn't help him at all.

Oh, except for the pictures. Right ~ Is that what you mean?

(Preheating my oven here!!!!)

Maybe he wanted the tax write-off? I think a person has to provide some kind of documentation on a bankruptcy don't they? I don't think a person can just throw numbers on a page..

If it's on the filing - I think Baez gets something out of it - I just can't figure out what....

I wonder if there was any money exchanged for the right to pictures transfer to Baez in Sept/11 - why would she do that for nothing?

Maybe he wanted the tax write-off? I think a person has to provide some kind of documentation on a bankruptcy don't they? I don't think a person can just throw numbers on a page..

If it's on the filing - I think Baez gets something out of it - I just can't figure out what....

I wonder if there was any money exchanged for the right to pictures transfer to Baez in Sept/11 - why would she do that for nothing?

Right? She can't just claim something and expect for them to take her word for it. She's going to have to have documentation to back it up. Tomorrow is going to be really interesting to say the least. I can t wait!

logicalgirl, your post made me wonder why Casey would have felt she had to list the pictures she gave Baez the rights to ~ but didn't list the legal release she gave for him to write his book.

Certainly, that would have had a pretty significant value attached to it wouldn't it?

Right? She can't just claim something and expect for them to take her word for it. She's going to have to have documentation to back it up. Tomorrow is going to be really interesting to say the least. I can t wait!

About 7 yrs ago I helped my sister-in-law file her own bankruptcyShe listed everything she owed to everyone. At the hearing no one showed up and they didn't ask for proof of anything. They wiped her debts away. The difference here is (I pray) creditors are demanding proof. I'm sure Morgan is on it and exposes her.

I think so. And doesn't a trustee have to do some kind of documentation to confirm these amounts declared are real?

A company would need some kind of documentation if they are going to declare the loss on their tax filing...wouldnt they?

I wonder how early Jeff Wiener wiill start tweeting?? :great:

About 7 yrs ago I helped my sister-in-law file her own bankruptcyShe listed everything she owed to everyone. At the hearing no one showed up and they didn't ask for proof of anything. They wiped her debts away. The difference here is (I pray) creditors are demanding proof. I'm sure Morgan is on it and exposes her.

Here in Canada, I believe you have to show documentation to the trustee who is handling it before they will put it on filing - like a Visa statement or something...

logicalgirl, your post made me wonder why Casey would have felt she had to list the pictures she gave Baez the rights to ~ but didn't list the legal release she gave for him to write his book.

Certainly, that would have had a pretty significant value attached to it wouldn't it?

Yes, I'm wondering that also - it was a lot earlier than September when Baez sold the pictures to ABC..... so their agreement must have contained more than just those ones....

Baez is involved in this. Remember, he wrote to the bk court supporting the case staying in Tampa. He write as a creditor in the case. Hmmmm, how can he explain this to the board? Signed affidavits saying his fee was one thing then later she suddenly owes him $500,000. Where did that come from?

Disappointed that there will be no cameras in the courtroom but there will be a sketch artist. And hopefully they won't let her sneak in a separate door. There should be one entrance with security. Even if she sneaks in, she won't be able to sneak out I think since reporters can follow her.

ap_casey_anthony_jt_130127_wg.jpg

I love that the media constantly uses this head shot of her. That's some kind of ridden hard, put away soaking wet crazy. Just sayin.

Back to the discussion-

I wonder how Mr Hornsby would weigh in on the legal release for Jose's book. She wasnt paid anything for that?

bob kealing
@bobkealing #CaseyAnthony today meets w/bankruptcy creditors. Besides staged paparazzi shoot, leaked vid, first public appearance since jail release.

LOL at staged paparazzi shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member