Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taxes and Certain other debts owed to Governmental Units (Schedule E) 0.00
?? The money to the IRS is non governmental and a non priority?? She should have been in tax court by now, right?

This is a qualification listed on Schedule E:

Taxes and certain other debts owed to governmental units
Taxes, customs duties, and penalties owing to federal, state, and local governmental units as set forth in 11 U.S.C. § 507(a)(8).

Well, I posted up thread and forgot to ask the questions. I am just flabbergasted!

How could she have filed late Friday night? Doesn't the courthouse close at 5pm?

Greene said they had been preparing this for a while now. Were they waiting to find an exclusive outlet for the first interview that would sneak in via the national CBS?

So are the people she owed screwed or do they get paid somehow? Also, you know her Bella Vita tattoo is showing in the back with that tube top dress on.

OK=
Internal Revenue Service 11/01/2010
2008 Taxes, Interest and Penalties 68,540.00

Anyone know why this isnt on Schedule E??

I thought JB said he was willing to represent FCA without pay after she was declared indigent. This is after FCA supposedly paid him $200,000 she received for Caylee's pictures. If he is expecting payment for an additional $500,000, then did he defraud the State by submitting expenses to them?

NAME AND ADDRESS OF TRANSFEREE,
RELATIONSHIP TO DEBTOR DATE
DESCRIBE PROPERTY TRANSFERRED
AND VALUE RECEIVED
The Baez Law Firm
522 Simpson Rd.
Kissimmee, FL 34744-4458
Attorney for Debtor

9/9/2011

Debtor may have reliquished rights to
photographs of Debtor. Value unknown

Really? I wish Az was here-she may have relinquished those rights?? So what about the new photos that were included in today's media?

She's been off probation since the end of August. Tans don't take that long. She could have tanned while on probation even. I don't believe one has anything to do with the other.

Yep wherever she was hiding on probation she was able to tan in a bathing suit.

She's filing chapter 7 bankruptcy.
According to Wiki,

Common exceptions to discharge include child support, income taxes less than 3 years old and property taxes, student loans (unless the debtor prevails in a difficult-to-win adversary proceeding brought to determine the dischargeability of the student loan), and fines and restitution imposed by a court for any crimes committed by the debtor.

Fines and restitution = The fine print says for any crimes committed by the debtor. Since she was found not guilty, does that mean she can get rid of these debts imposed by the court? If she had all of her appeals found in her favor, she would be innocent of the lying convictions of $1,000 each, but I guess she will be stuck with two of them.

I wonder why Phoenix AZ was picked for the first interview?

Do we need to get the bankruptcy possibility thread bumped up to review what has already been discussed?

Isn't the Jodi Arias trial held in Arizona? If so, that must be all over the news...one murderer trying to steal another murderers thunder.

According to Wiki,

Common exceptions to discharge include child support, income taxes less than 3 years old and property taxes, student loans (unless the debtor prevails in a difficult-to-win adversary proceeding brought to determine the dischargeability of the student loan), and fines and restitution imposed by a court for any crimes committed by the debtor.

Fines and restitution = The fine print says for any crimes committed by the debtor. Since she was found not guilty, does that mean she can get rid of these debts imposed by the court? If she had all of her appeals found in her favor, she would be innocent of the lying convictions of $1,000 each, but I guess she will be stuck with two of them.

I wouldn't think so. She still has the two lying convictions and that is what she owes for..lying and costing Orange County all the money investigating .

It is very hard not to quote more than 10% of the article. People have come out of the woodwork and filed financial claims against Casey. Huh. Imagine that.

I think there is a really really good case for some of these being non dischargeable. Like LE and the IRS. JMO.

I believe LE fines are dischargeable in bankruptcy, as well as other legal fees. IRS is not automatically discharged but can be if they agree to it. And my bet is the IRS will not pursue either Casey or Baez. They only go where they know there is a reasonable chance they can collect; for the IRS, it's all about available revenue, not revenge.

I believe LE fines are dischargeable in bankruptcy, as well as other legal fees. IRS is not automatically discharged but can be if they agree to it. And my bet is the IRS will not pursue either Casey or Baez. They only go where they know there is a reasonable chance they can collect; for the IRS, it's all about available revenue, not revenge.

I am not thinking about revenge. Honestly. And thanks to those who clarified Chapter 7 and who gave us some details, I get that she can discharge debts which resulted from her criminal actions.

Wouldnt that be something. Wouldnt it be something if she get's to walk away from it all?

What have we become when the murder of a child is reduced to time served and another empty threat of punishment for Casey?

Maybe she is teflon.

Ah well, at the end of the day no one every believed her any way-not her mother, not LE, not even her own attorneys.

I wonder if that registers at all.

According to Wiki,

Yes. That is what it means. She would not be able to discharge any LE debt she incurred in the commission of a crime. But her NG verdict says she didn't do anything illegal other than tell two lies. So all but $2,000 will probably be discharageable. And yes, she can claim debts she has not actually incurred yet (the civil cases pending).

I don't even care anymore. I wanted justice for Caylee and that is NEVER going to happen no matter how much money she owes, dischargeable or not.

Because if you put it there you are admitting that it should get special treatment. By listing it with the other debts you say it's just another bill.

The Judge may say it needs to be moved and move it, but in my observations there's no downside to the filer to giving this a shot. I've never seen anyone sanctioned for pulling this.

I just read the petition, there are a lot of people listed with the amount listed as "Unknown". Including ZG and Ray Kronk - and both her parents.

She claims no income, and no expenses. What, does she live on air?

Gift cards from third parties...keep reading ;)

I am not thinking about revenge. Honestly. And thanks to those who clarified Chapter 7 and who gave us some details, I get that she can discharge debts which resulted from her criminal actions.

Wouldnt that be something. Wouldnt it be something if she get's to walk away from it all?

What have we become when the murder of a child is reduced to time served and another empty threat of punishment for Casey?

Maybe she is teflon.

Ah well, at the end of the day no one every believed her any way-not her mother, not LE, not even her own attorneys.

I wonder if that registers at all.

Oh, I understand that. I was just saying the IRS typically does not go after someone for revenge. They go after money owed and if they know there is no money, it is not worth expending resources trying to collect so even if the IRS debt is not formally discharged the IRS will probably not go after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member