Bar owners ordered to pay man who fell after customer wore pork chops for shoes

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by poco, Sep 16, 2005.

  1. poco

    poco A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    By The Associated Press (6/27/02 - SYDNEY, Australia) — A man who broke his arm when he slipped on a greasy bar floor caused by a patron who wore pork chops for shoes won more than $33,600 in compensation. Troy Michael Bowron, 25, sued the Jannali Inn in southern Sydney, its owner Kelly Wells and patron Ross Lucock for negligence over the incident on Nov. 30, 1997. Bowron told the New South Wales state District Court that he had been playing in a pool competition at the bar when he saw Lucock taping pork chops to his feet. He claimed Lucock said he was using them for shoes after being told he would not be served more alcohol because he was barefoot. Lucock had won the meat as part of a raffle at the bar. Bowron said the floor became greasy, and when he went to congratulate his pool opponent he slipped and fell onto his left arm. Judge Anthony Puckeridge found Thursday that the bar and its owner breached their duty by failing to clean up the greasy trail. The judge found Lucock was not responsible for Bowron's injury, and dismissed the claim against him. Bowron was ordered to pay Lucock's legal bills.
  2. Loading...

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice