OK Barbara Berry, 19, Comanche Co., 26 Nov 1994

notmoose86

Reaction score
upload_2020-1-18_18-23-52.png

Barbara Berry went missing from Lawton, Oklahoma in 1993. She was 19 when she went missing Her remains were found over a year later in a field. I've heard a few different ways that she was found. I've heard she was in a box or a crate, I've also been told she was wrapped in plastic. Her remains were covered in a concrete type of substance- it was reported in the lone media article as being plaster of Paris. Her cause of death has never been publicly disclosed.

At the time of her death, Barbara had fallen into a darker side of life. She was prostituting sometimes to cover her drug habit, and she was sometimes dancing at the towns many topless bars. If you're familiar with Lawton, then you know that starting in 1999 there were a string of prostitute murders that are believed to be the work of a serial killer. Its possible Barbara is connected, though nothing is known for sure. I've been working on Barbara's case for almost a year now, she has very little family left alive, and I just want her to not be forgotten. (This is also my first cold case thread, so I hope I've written this all up okay!)

Authorities Identify Body

• Summary
  • Season 2 - We cover the numerous unsolved deaths of sex workers and missing persons cases in and around the city of Lawton, Oklahoma. Instagram - @swediana_project If you have any tips or would like to be interviewed about the cases, you can email us here - Swedianaproject@gmail.com You can remain anonymous if choose. Music composed and recorded by Oak Studios

EpisodesView all
  • S2 E9 - Annastasia Runningwolf / Barbara Berry
    Apr 12 2022
    - 25 year old Annastasia Runningwolf was last heard from in October of 2005. Her body was found in Oklahoma City on November 8th, 2005. At the time of her death, Annastasia was struggling with addiction and working the streets. Her body was found nude, except for a blanket which had been knotted around her entire body, and a black sweater that was inside out and covering her entire head. She had been bound by wire to bend her into a fetal position and she had been killed by blunt force trauma. - In 1993, 19 year old Barbara Berry went missing from Lawton, Oklahoma. At the time, Barbara was sometimes working at a topless bar in Lawton, but also working the streets in order to support her drug habit. Over a year after she went missing, Barbara would be found, her remains were left in a box in a field in Comanche County.
    17 mins
    Listen for free

• S2 E8 - The Profile
    Feb 17 2022
    In 2004, a criminal profiler named Dean Wideman produced a generalized profile of the possible killer. In this episode I talk to Jen Bucholtz and George Jared about this profile. Jen teaches Forensics and Criminal Justice at American Military University. She also hosts a podcast called 'Break the Case.' George is a a true crime author and investigative reporter. He also hosts a podcast called 'Diamond State Murder Board.' This is an informative conversation that provides alot of insight on who might be responsible for these murders.
    42 mins
    Listen for free

• S2 E7 - Other Agencies Find Similar Cases
    Feb 4 2022
    In 2004, Seventeen different law enforcement agencies, from at least six different states, came together to compare similar cases. They shared crime scene photos and autopsy reports to determine if another five victims, along with the Lawton victims, could have been the work of the same person.
    33 mins
    Listen for free

The Swediana Project - Welcome to Lawton

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member