barbie dolls on the Ramseys lawn

narlacat

Former Member
Reaction score
I am new here, have been following this case for only the last couple of months, tho i indeed remember the news when it first happened
Even here in Australia, it made headlines and was first on the news for quite a while,i guess i have become interested because we have just had the tely movie PMPT on and another documentary which i actually missed...maybe it is coming back in the news coz its coming up for 10 years unsolved..i dont know

I have a question regarding something i read somewhere....im not sure where tho...maybe even here on these discussion boards
Is it true that someone found two barbie dolls on the front lawn of the Ramseys Boulder home? They had been bound with cord....there were even photos of them...looked quite sinister they did...
I just cant seem to find where i read and saw that...anyone know anything??

narlacat said:
I am new here, have been following this case for only the last couple of months, tho i indeed remember the news when it first happened
Even here in Australia, it made headlines and was first on the news for quite a while,i guess i have become interested because we have just had the tely movie PMPT on and another documentary which i actually missed...maybe it is coming back in the news coz its coming up for 10 years unsolved..i dont know

I have a question regarding something i read somewhere....im not sure where tho...maybe even here on these discussion boards
Is it true that someone found two barbie dolls on the front lawn of the Ramseys Boulder home? They had been bound with cord....there were even photos of them...looked quite sinister they did...
I just cant seem to find where i read and saw that...anyone know anything??

Hello narlacat. Welcome to the forum.

Yes, there was a Barbie Doll found on the front lawn of the Ramsey's ex-house on 15th Street in 1998. It was in bondage with a white cord around its neck and a red spot on its gown in the vaginal area. Jeff Shapiro found the doll early in the morning and turned it over to law enforcement.

There was a character who lived in the area and was a student at CU who went by the name of The Prophet. His real name was Michael McElroy. The Prophet had a thing about Barbie Dolls and, with the owner's permission, hung naked Barbies from the ceiling of a local diner. On The Prophet's website he wrote an essay titled "Barbie Doll, the Ultimate ****". It was about the sexual torture of Barbie.

The cops confiscated Hi-Tec boots, a stun gun, and a Sharpie pen from his apartment but he was never charged with anything.

BlueCrab

Thanx for the welcome Bluecrab.
When u say early in the morning...do u mean the morning of the 26th?
and what was Jeff Shapiro doing there that morning? Surely reporters werent there..by all accounts ive never read anywhere that he was there that morning.
:)

narlacat said:
Thanx for the welcome Bluecrab.
When u say early in the morning...do u mean the morning of the 26th?
and what was Jeff Shapiro doing there that morning? Surely reporters werent there..by all accounts ive never read anywhere that he was there that morning.
:)

narlacat,

Please read my edited post above. Thanks.

Thanx Bluecrab now that u have told me that, i remember reading about that guy

I guess i didnt realize that reporters were so soon at the scene,excuse my ignorance...at least im right in Shapiro being a reporter ...or u would have corrected me im sure!

So does anyone know where this character with the Barbie obsession is now and what he's doing? Except for the dolls, he sounds like Horvath, doesn't he? Which makes you wonder how many CU students may have had stun guns, some kind of fad?

BlueCrab, have you thought of writing a book?

This sounds really interesting BlueCat. I have never heard of this before - Barbie dolls, bondage, sexual torture, Hi-Tec boots, stun gun - it all sounds very relevant. Where do you find all this information? Have you posted anything more relating to this somewhere else on this forum? I am only half way down the first page.

As info,

McElroy is living in Denver. Most of my information comes by Googling and from the discussion forums. I have several personal contacts. I wrote a manuscript on the case early-on, but it's outdated now.

Thanks for asking.

So that was 2 years on that Shapiro found the barbie doll ...i would have thought that that would have been trespassing...... and why were people allowed to go into the house afterwards.....like that Jameson.....she took photos and snooped around quite a bit......i can only figure the police let people in but why would they do that? have you been in the house Bluecrab??

narlacat said:
So that was 2 years on that Shapiro found the barbie doll ...i would have thought that that would have been trespassing...... and why were people allowed to go into the house afterwards.....like that Jameson.....she took photos and snooped around quite a bit......i can only figure the police let people in but why would they do that? have you been in the house Bluecrab??

narlacat,

Actually, I think Shapiro called the cops, and they took the doll.

No, I haven't been in the house. I've never even been to Colorado, though I have friends there.

Eagle1 said:
So does anyone know where this character with the Barbie obsession is now and what he's doing? Except for the dolls, he sounds like Horvath, doesn't he? Which makes you wonder how many CU students may have had stun guns, some kind of fad?

BlueCrab, have you thought of writing a book?

NOTE: See Michael Jackson forum.

I am still wondering how Jameson got to look in the Boulder house...was that because she had connections with the police?? and has anyone else here been inside the house??

narlacat said:
I am still wondering how Jameson got to look in the Boulder house...was that because she had connections with the police?? and has anyone else here been inside the house??

At that time, jameson and the Ramseys were attached at the hip. The house was for sale and in the hands of some kind of holding company headed up by John Ramsey's friend, attorney Michael Bynum.

Not that it matters, but even though Shapiro assigned the dolls hanging in (was it ) Dot's diner?, as McElroys, I was never certain this was true.
After the police were told of McElroy's escapades it took them ONE year to investigate him,and they did take his shoes, however they weren't Hi-techs, which would have made this more interesting, they were Nikes.

I've been to the house, but not inside. I know someone who lives in the neighborhood, but I'm not from Colorado either.

I didn't find anything about barbie's or the JBR case there, Poco. Can you be more specific? Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back