Beagles abandoned when cosmetics lab goes into bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by believe09, Jul 12, 2010.

1. believe09

believe09 Active Member

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-beagles-rescued-from-cosmetics-lab,0,7709595.story

"According to animal rescue officials, over 100 beagles were rescued from an abandoned cosmetics laboratory in Warren County, New Jersey earlier this week and they're now looking for new homes.

The beagles were being used for pharmaceutical and chemical tests at the lab, officials said."

:banghead::banghead::sick::sick::banghead:

Locals, can any of you tell us what cosmetics companies were using the lab?

2. Loading...

3. MsPooh

MsPooh Well-Known Member

Are they not going after these tyrants for animal cruelty? Isn't NY a felony state?!?!?!?!?:furious::furious::furious::furious:

4. LookingUp

LookingUp New Member

Oh, this is so sad. But, I'm thrilled that the beagles are finding new homes!

My guess is that the lab was using the beagles to test the affects of "inhaling" mineral makeup. Hounds are super sniffers. There was an episode on Dr. Oz where this was discussed:

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/price-beauty

excerpt:
    Mineral makeup is a big trend. Made from minerals such as mica, which are used for industrial purposes as well, these tiny particles are a thousand times
    smaller than predecessors from even 10 years ago. Their small size makes for a smoother, more flawless look, but it has one serious unintended consequence. The particles are so tiny they fall quickly through the air and can be inhaled easily into your lungs. When construction workers use mica in products such as spackle, they wear masks to protect their lungs from scarring over time.

5. believe09

believe09 Active Member

I am thrilled the beagles will be getting new homes as well, especially considering they have spent their ENTIRE lives in steel cages. Sniffing cosmetics.

Thanks for the tip, Looking Up...I want to see if I can sleuth out what companies used them.

6. believe09

believe09 Active Member

Not animal testing my friend...never animal testing.

7. believe09

believe09 Active Member

8. believe09

believe09 Active Member

9. LookingUp

LookingUp New Member

Just one had been used for testing?!? How awesome is that!!!

Sounds like the bankruptsy was truely a devine intervention for these little creatures. I love happy endings and the group (all-creatures.org) is to be commended!

Thanks for the add'l links believe09. There are going to be quite a few happy, new pet owners out there!!!

10. theissueathand

theissueathand Bring Kyron Home!

Poor babies. I hope they all get wonderful forever homes.

11. john's mom

john's mom Active Member

Just for the record, the lab is in north NJ, looks like the rescuers are in NY.

12. Lovejac

Lovejac These boys are my heartstrings!

I cannot WAIT to find out what cosmetic line this was.

I swear, even if it is my favorite brand, I will never use it again!

13. MsPooh

MsPooh Well-Known Member

I meant for leaving the dogs behind after they had closed up shop. I am so glad that they are going to have a chance at living normal lives, bless their lil snoopy hearts.

14. LookingUp

LookingUp New Member

Loreal seems to be okay. I looked up Loreal and they have labs in Clark, NJ ... not Oxford, Warren County, NJ. So, if you are using Loreal products like I do, I believe we can continue to do so ... with confidence that a least Loreal is not associated with this case.

Here is the Loreal link. Once there ... click on "Organization" then "Product Development Labs". http://www2.lorealusa.com/_en/_us/index.aspx?direct1=00004&direct2=00004/00001

Below is an excerpt:

The development labs utilize technology developed locally (in Clark, New Jersey, or Chicago, Illinois) or transferred from the L’Oréal Paris laboratories.

15. Lovejac

Lovejac These boys are my heartstrings!

Awesome news! Now.....how did you know I use Loreal? :waitasec::crazy: