Becky Sue Turner and related

Random thought, but also 6 year old might have been registered for school, which could have put more info on the SS#? The younger the identity at death, the less that would "come up" on the name?

(In regards as to why she didn't choose the oldest sister whose age might have "matched" more.)

Also, back in that time period kids didn't get social security cards til they were older and needed them. The younger the child, the less likely a social security card would have been applied for.

As to the "birth book". County record books have numbers. Like a county recorder's deed record would be "deed book"or "record book".. Death certificates, at least in ohio are usually kept by the city of birth. I think we would need to know more about how those birth certificates were kept by bakersfield to answer the question about the "birth book" reference. Otherwise, it's ppssoble that this was a hospital record.

Also, back in that time period kids didn't get social security cards til they were older and needed them. The younger the child, the less likely a social security card would have been applied for.

As to the "birth book". County record books have numbers. Like a county recorder's deed record would be "deed book"or "record book".. Death certificates, at least in ohio are usually kept by the city of birth. I think we would need to know more about how those birth certificates were kept by bakersfield to answer the question about the "birth book" reference. Otherwise, it's ppssoble that this was a hospital record.

View attachment 70821This may have previously been discussed, but, I just noticed on top of the live birth cert, it states "Birth Book 352".
Question 1. Where did we get the death and the birth certs from? Lori's secret box? No..
The first thing which came to mind was this birth cert info appears to have come from a book, a hospital record of birth book, which I then thought a medical practitioner would have access to.
It is not just a certificate mailed from the State, ... Birth book 352 would not be on the top of the certificate.

Apologies if this was mentioned before, it just hit me. Any thoughts?

SK

On the certificate marked 'birth book 352', I could swear the Rosemary Turner signature was forged by our own FLEK. The handwriting is too similar for it not to be, IMO.

That is neither here nor there, but I say that one is a forgery.

ETA: I honestly don't know where the certificates came from, but I would be willing to bet the 'birth book 352' one came from FLEK's locked box.

MOO

SO MAYBE SHE WORKED WHERE THOSE WERE STORED ? IS THAT WHAT YOU MEAN? WOULD THAT BE AT THE ACTUAL HOSPITAL? THE ONE WHERE BST WAS BORN IN Bakersfield?

SO MAYBE SHE WORKED WHERE THOSE WERE STORED ? IS THAT WHAT YOU MEAN? WOULD THAT BE AT THE ACTUAL HOSPITAL? THE ONE WHERE BST WAS BORN IN Bakersfield?

I think the truth is much less interesting. In the US, birth certs (BC) are typically held by the county government offices. BCs that reflect an adoption are held by the state, or at least that's the case in California.
After a BC is filed, the county stores them in big books or files, as well as rolls of microfiche so that an individual BC can be found for future reference. The roll/book/file numbers are always listed on the BC as a sort of redundant reverse database. My own BC, for instance, is in local file 752 and film roll 97 in my local county health dept.
For example, when a person needs a copy of their own BC to go get an ID card or apply for a marriage license. The basic info is kept in a searchable database for employees to find the physical location of a person's BC. The clerk can then go and print an official copy for the customer.

No, I don't say she worked at the hospital, but I think she was able to get a copy of that certificate and have it blanked out where she, or a professional, put the information onto the certificate. I honestly and absolutely believe that FLEK forged the mother's signature on it.

I further believe that FLEK had professional help in stealing BST's identity. Again, my post doesn't help anything or provide any answers as to who FLEK really was. Someone knows who she was and why she did it and are very obviously are not talking and never will, IMO.

No, I don't say she worked at the hospital, but I think she was able to get a copy of that certificate and have it blanked out where she, or a professional, put the information onto the certificate. I honestly and absolutely believe that FLEK forged the mother's signature on it.

I further believe that FLEK had professional help in stealing BST's identity.

I think so too. This is purely speculative, but stay with me. The Turner mother is listed as aged 22 when BST was born in 1969, so she was born approximately 1946-1947. The penmanship and handwriting styles taught to children in the 50s and 60s were long and flowing. And it seems like it wasn't until the 80s where schools placed less of an emphasis on this kind of traditional handwriting style. The Turner mother has that fat, large loopy handwriting that to me looks like the same style as FLEK.

Also even for the time period, 23-24 is awfully young to have four children under 8.

I also think she hired an identity broker. The timeline for Jane Doe --> BST --> LEK is too tight and perfectly contrived to be the work of a layperson; especially a layperson in the late 80s where information and research was so much harder to gather and far less ubiquituous than it is now. I'm reading the How To Disappear Completely book and while it's informative, it doesn't provide nearly enough description, imo, for Jane Doe to be able to start the process on her own.

I have received confirmation the the BC was indeed from the county and they have a receipt of payment for it.

Interesting, the signature of Rosemary...

Thanks guys...

Not sure if the law was the same in the 80s, but according to the CA vital records website, there are two types of birth cert one can order. One has the signatures and one has the signatures redacted. The one without the signatures can be obtained by anyone, but the one with the signatures can only be obtained by a family member, law enforcement, etc.

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/pubsforms/forms/CtrldForms/VS111.pdf

I have received confirmation the the BC was indeed from the county and they have a receipt of payment for it.

When you say they have a receipt of payment, does that mean for the individual copy that FLEK used? If so, might that receipt include the date of purchase or any information about the buyer?

POSTED AGAIN ON FACEBOOK LINK TO NEWS ARTICLE. Got a reply. A person in one of my mom groups who was a distant acquaintance with Lori from 2000-2008. She did not want to answer questions which leads me to believe she was maybe a dancer... Anyway... She said the one thing that stood out is Lori kept to herself and wore striking blue contact lenses!!!!! I am now posting in all my groups around the DFW area hoping for more hits..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POSTED AGAIN ON FACEBOOK LINK TO NEWS ARTICLE. Got a reply. A person in one of my mom groups who was a distant acquaintance with Lori from 2000-2008. She did not want to answer questions which leads me to believe she was maybe a dancer... Anyway... She said the one thing that stood out is Lori kept to herself and wore striking blue contact lenses!!!!! I am now posting in all my groups around the DFW area hoping for more hits..

Whoa - awesome, Linda! Social media strikes again!

That's a long time that she apparently knew her. Maybe she will message you with more info if she's assured it's confidential?

Whoa - awesome, Linda! Social media strikes again!

That's a long time that she apparently knew her. Maybe she will message you with more info if she's assured it's confidential?

Wow! Awesome!
Great thought, perhaps you can contact her and email or message with more info?

When you say they have a receipt of payment, does that mean for the individual copy that FLEK used? If so, might that receipt include the date of purchase or any information about the buyer?

Magoo, I emailed Velling, the Det working on the case, his reply was they have the receipt from the county, no mention of a date, not sure if it was paid for in person or via mail post.

Thx.

I emailed Velling, the Det working on the case, his reply was they have the receipt from the county, no mention of a date, not sure if it was paid for in person or via mail post.

Right on; I'll give the guy enough credit to assume that he would have caught it, had there been a smoking gun on the receipt. Still, something as simple as the date of purchase would be a new piece of information to help reconstruct the timeline of FLEK's identity change.

So am I understanding that maybe (quite possibly) she didn't have blue eyes then? This could be sort of a game changer, if indeed that is true. Haven't we all been under the assumption that she was naturally blue eyed? Wonder what color her eyes really were...

Reported as naturally hazel eyes... But if she was wearing blue... Why other than vanity... Disguise? It brings me back to that contact lens ad!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back