Becky Sue Turner and related

Seeing that at least one of TJT's (half)brother's (maybe more of the Yocum family?) has ties to AZ... I like this line of thinking.

I like this line of thinking too. I know somebody else was tracing the ancestry of BST and had come up with some interesting findings. Was that you fred&edna? I remember that there were comments posted, but don't know where and I don't have them in my notes.

I like this line of thinking too. I know somebody else was tracing the ancestry of BST and had come up with some interesting findings. Was that you fred&edna? I remember that there were comments posted, but don't know where and I don't have them in my notes.

Sorry, it wasn't me.

I've just been doing some sleuthing from the info BranwynB provided.

So far, it appears some members associated with the Turner family appear to have ties to CA, AZ and TX

Just fyi, both of BST's grandfathers were in the military with impressive records of service!

Wonder why TJT's father was left off the obit.

Has anyone been able to confirm if the birthdates for BST's mother and father are correct on the passport application. I have worked and worked, but cannot come up with a birthday for them. TJT's DOB on the application would put him only 10 months older than his brother. Possible. I went to high school with two brothers 10 months apart. lol

TJT's DOB. listed as 3/3/1942 on the passport application. According to a ship's passenger list on 2/8/1950, TJT is listed at 8 years old. With a DOB of 3/3/42, he would not be 8 yet. Not 100%, they could have simply rounded up.

Virginia is listed as 27 on same list and she would be 26, not 27. oh well

Has anyone been able to confirm if the birthdates for BST's mother and father are correct on the passport application. I have worked and worked, but cannot come up with a birthday for them. TJT's DOB on the application would put him only 10 months older than his brother. Possible. I went to high school with two brothers 10 months apart. lol

RmW's DOB is the same day as the fire. :(

Seems there are some military hints here and there if you look hard. Lots of people are in the military, not a stretch she might be connected by family or such. Maybe her dad was stationed overseas and she grew up in let's just say ... Germany or Turkey. They go to school on base usually, and no accent due to diversity. I lost my southern accent after going into the military! Lol could explain her travel .. She could have stayed cheap at military bases. Pretty sure they don't finger print military kids..

I just had an AHA moment!

FLEK had to have known someone in the Turner family to know Becky Sue's birthday to apply for a birth certificate. Neither the headstone or obituary states her date of birth... and didn't her death certificate have a wrong day? My guess is that she is somehow associated to Mr Turner because she seems most unfamiliar to Mrs Turner's details.

Would she have to have known the dob in order to apply for the birth certificate? Could she have gotten by with just providing place of birth, age / year, and parents names? Just a thought.

Another thread of thinking. Could FLEK have walked through a graveyard, noticed the gravestone and then done some digging? I think sometimes when tragedies like this happen, the family or children get buried together. If the gravestone said they all died on the same day, she could've been intrigued, went to the library and looked up the story...and soon enough got her hands on the certificate?

Or like someone else said, do you need DOB when getting a birth certificate?

Would she have to have known the dob in order to apply for the birth certificate? Could she have gotten by with just providing place of birth, age / year, and parents names? Just a thought.

i agree and mentioned that in another thread. i think knowing the parents' names and year of birth might have been enough to get the birth certificate. i also think if she utilized the services of a "professional", that person probably would have already had the bst "identity" lined up.

Ok, this is my first time posting so bear with me if I do anything wrong, I want to follow all the rules, etc.

Two theories:

1. What if she accidentally used a correct date of birth at some point? Specifically, i was wondering about the 1/13/1970 from the Personality Forge website. If she was filling out a form quickly, she might've slipped. So I did some googling using some key words w/the birthday and this came up when I did hazel eyes, the birthday and missing people:

http://www.cousinconnect.com/d/a/160898

(removed last names, go to site to see them) "I am searching for my birthmother and my half sister. My Bitrth mothers name is Teresa ***** and she has Aburn hair color and hazel eyes. Her birthday is January 13 1970. My half sister was kept by my birth mother i dont know her name or last name, i am quessing her last name is *****.I do know her Birthday which is 9-1-87, she has blonde hair and blue eyes.

Timeline seems good, and per the site it looks like the one searching is in San Joaquin, CA. Leaving children behind would be pretty psychologically devastating for anyone and there are plenty of CA connections.

2. So the Oriental Hotel in Bangkok is a very nice hotel (I've been there for drinks). And that's clearly just the hotel-issued stationery the reference letter is on. No one in this story necessarily seemed like the sort who would've gone there, so maybe the letter isn't real, but she knew someone who would've gone to such a place and brought back a tablet. Maybe someone military?

Ok, this is my first time posting so bear with me if I do anything wrong, I want to follow all the rules, etc.

Two theories:

1. What if she accidentally used a correct date of birth at some point? Specifically, i was wondering about the 1/13/1970 from the Personality Forge website. If she was filling out a form quickly, she might've slipped. So I did some googling using some key words w/the birthday and this came up when I did hazel eyes, the birthday and missing people:

http://www.cousinconnect.com/d/a/160898

(removed last names, go to site to see them) "I am searching for my birthmother and my half sister. My Bitrth mothers name is Teresa ***** and she has Aburn hair color and hazel eyes. Her birthday is January 13 1970. My half sister was kept by my birth mother i dont know her name or last name, i am quessing her last name is *****.I do know her Birthday which is 9-1-87, she has blonde hair and blue eyes.

Timeline seems good, and per the site it looks like the one searching is in San Joaquin, CA. Leaving children behind would be pretty psychologically devastating for anyone and there are plenty of CA connections.

2. So the Oriental Hotel in Bangkok is a very nice hotel (I've been there for drinks). And that's clearly just the hotel-issued stationery the reference letter is on. No one in this story necessarily seemed like the sort who would've gone there, so maybe the letter isn't real, but she knew someone who would've gone to such a place and brought back a tablet. Maybe someone military?

That could defnitely bring new leads! On this same note, I wonder if there were any dates that she observed without an obvious reason. For instance, perhaps she always went shopping on her actual birthday or baked sweets for her parent's anniversary. If she din't make a big deal out of it I doubt Blake would have even raised an eyebrow.

It appears this woman is alive and well still living in CA. I hope the person searching for her was able to find her on Facebook!

I am really thinking military connection. Look at proximity of locations we are looking to nearby bases ;)...

It is worth your time to spokeo the name becky sue turner in " Idaho". Note the multiple addresses and relatives listed. I believe there is more to the story there for sure. I know the investigator spoke to someone.. But maybe the wrong someone.

Mountain home AFB in Boise, ID
Nellis AFB is in Las Vegas, NV
Mccord AFB is in Tacoma ( turner)
Los Angeles AFB in LA and Edwards AFB north East of LA,
Phoenix has Luke AFB
Davis Monthan is in Tucson
Texas is packed with them,
Shepard AFB in Wichita Falls north west of dallas, Dyess in Abilene, Lackland AFB ( new recruits all go here except officers and guard/reserve), San Antonio , Randolf AFB (same town) ...
I thought, well there are AFB everywhere, but if you map it that's just not true. None is some MAJOR cities, like San Diego.. Worth a look for sure. I may be able to help with that if we research in the future...

Oh officers training is at Maxwell AFB, unless Academy Grad, that is in Colorado Springs co, south of Denver

i wanted to add for this case and others, that there is a travel tool some use called "Hostel" ( there is a terrible B movie with the same title). I noticed one in San Diego when I lived there. I know they are all over the country and overseas. They are a cheap way to travel. I wonder if there is a phone directory of sorts to locate them....

Just wanted to mention a possibility that this woman was AWOL from the military. Statistically, for the most part, she fits the profile for female suicide by gunshot (which is much rarer than male suicide by gunshot).

Characteristics of adult male and female firearm suicide decedents: findings from the National Violent Death Reporting System.

Kaplan MS, McFarland BH, Huguet N.

Source

School of Community Health, Portland State University, Portland, Oregon 97207, USA. kaplanm@pdx.edu

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:
To examine the risk factors and precipitating circumstances associated with firearm suicide.

METHODS:

Data from the restricted National Violent Death Reporting System (2003-6) for 25 491 male and female suicide decedents aged 18 and older were analysed by multiple logistic regression to estimate the relative odds of firearm use with 95% CIs.

RESULTS:

(extracted) "Among female decedents, factors with a significant effect on firearm use included: being older, married, white and a veteran;

More at link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19805601

Just wanted to mention a possibility that this woman was AWOL from the military. Statistically, for the most part, she fits the profile for female suicide by gunshot (which is much rarer than male suicide by gunshot).

Characteristics of adult male and female firearm suicide decedents: findings from the National Violent Death Reporting System.

Kaplan MS, McFarland BH, Huguet N.

Source

School of Community Health, Portland State University, Portland, Oregon 97207, USA. kaplanm@pdx.edu

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:
To examine the risk factors and precipitating circumstances associated with firearm suicide.

METHODS:

Data from the restricted National Violent Death Reporting System (2003-6) for 25 491 male and female suicide decedents aged 18 and older were analysed by multiple logistic regression to estimate the relative odds of firearm use with 95% CIs.

RESULTS:

(extracted) "Among female decedents, factors with a significant effect on firearm use included: being older, married, white and a veteran;

More at link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19805601

Pretty sure she would have finger prints on file. HOWEVER military children or spouses would not.

Believe me the truth will out itself, this was a beautiful woman that decided that life was too much.

TRhe truth will ride --- my friends an d enemies she is too beautiful to reflect -brothers! respect! The Prince is alive and well ! Rejoice)

LivelyFan...what does this mean?

Mountain home AFB in Boise, ID
Nellis AFB is in Las Vegas, NV
Mccord AFB is in Tacoma ( turner)
Los Angeles AFB in LA and Edwards AFB north East of LA,
Phoenix has Luke AFB
Davis Monthan is in Tucson
Texas is packed with them,
Shepard AFB in Wichita Falls north west of dallas, Dyess in Abilene, Lackland AFB ( new recruits all go here except officers and guard/reserve), San Antonio , Randolf AFB (same town) ...
I thought, well there are AFB everywhere, but if you map it that's just not true. None is some MAJOR cities, like San Diego.. Worth a look for sure. I may be able to help with that if we research in the future...

Oh officers training is at Maxwell AFB, unless Academy Grad, that is in Colorado Springs co, south of Denver

For an Army Post, there is Fort Lewis, Washington, which isn't far from Tacoma.

http://militarybases.com/army/

With this link there will be all branches of service and the posts and bases, etc.
But these are Only Current In Operation, (not closed Army Posts Or Bases, that were in operation previously, particularly during
the Cold War, in Europe. Since the Cold war ended there was no need to keep the kasernes open, so she perhaps may have
lived in Germany as a military dependent, but the kaserne or base may have been given back to the German government and no longer exist now. IMOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back