Bedtimes and blankets

At some previous point in time Misty claimed that the reason she washed the blanket was because Haleigh had peed on the blanket. If that were true I would think that more than her blanket would have been wet - right?

When my son was that age, I had a closet-full of blankets and sheets. He never wet the bed, but we've had some bad stomach nights (if ya know what I mean).

That meant I had to clean him up (did Misty change Haleigh's clothes after she wet the bed)? Why didn't she change the sheets if she "peed on her blanket".

In Misty's own words: “I put her to bed at 8 o’clock,” Misty Cummings said. “I was washing our blankets, and after that was done, I put her blanket over her. She was sleeping when I put her blanket on her. She was in her bed, and it was about 10 o’clock. I finally laid down and went to sleep. I woke up at 3. I got up to use the bathroom, and I noticed the kitchen light was on. I walked through the kitchen, and that’s when I noticed the back door was open. So I run back to my bedroom to get my phone to call Ronald. That’s when I noticed Haleigh was gone.”

How many 5 year olds will go to sleep on an unmade bed for 2 hours before a blanket is placed over them?

Anyway, in my life, I clean up my son first, put him in my bed, quickly change his sheets (fresh from the cupboard) and a new blanket (fresh from the cupboard). and do the laundry the next morn, as most of us moms know that a load of laundry (especially blankets) can take an hour or more to do.

Is this family trying to sell me that they only have ONE blanket for Haleigh?

I'm also not happy with the pink shirt that she initially told investigators that Haleigh was wearing. Apparently she later found it in the dirty clothes and she showed the detectives after she found it.

Sounds and smells pretty fishy to me!!!!

Best,

I brought up the same question about her peeing the bed. I know that the sheets get wet the mattress, and her panties would be in that pile with the shirt with pee on them. Was this ever stated anywhere? Why just was the blanket, and a blanket is on top of the child, so if it was wet, stands to reason everything else on that bed including what she was wearing was wet.

I brought up the same question about her peeing the bed. I know that the sheets get wet the mattress, and her panties would be in that pile with the shirt with pee on them. Was this ever stated anywhere? Why just was the blanket, and a blanket is on top of the child, so if it was wet, stands to reason everything else on that bed including what she was wearing was wet.

It could be that there were extra sheets and for some reason MC forgot that part.

As far as blankets, each of my grandsons have his absolute favorite quilt and that's what he wants to sleep with. It doesn't matter how many others there are. One even has 2 identical but knows exactly which one is the one.

It could be that there were extra sheets and for some reason MC forgot that part.

As far as blankets, each of my grandsons have his absolute favorite quilt and that's what he wants to sleep with. It doesn't matter how many others there are. One even has 2 identical but knows exactly which one is the one.

Very true - my son always favored his winnie the pooh blankie, but didn't fuss much If I gave him another one. I know girls tend to be different in that respect. Cute - he's 12 now, and I still have that WTP blanket in the cupboard (can't bear to give it away).

Anyhoo, I wonder what Haleigh's blanket pattern was. Did LE ask "is this her favorite blanket"? If you took off her shirt, she obviously wasn't wearing the pink shirt - what was she wearing?" Did you change the sheets?

All questions I know I'd like to hear the answers to....

..this case is just so frustrating,I only wished we'd know if LE really has any leads ,we know nothing and the only thing that is certain is that misty 's stories do not make sense.

Unless you lived in the house, you wouldn't know if a blanket was missing. So where ever Haleigh is, she has a blanket with her. JMO

Yep, sad to say that's been my thoughts also......I think a blanket from the big bed is missing.

Misty only accounts for 3 blankets, & one of them is used in the window.

This would mean 4 people having been sharing 2 blankets this past winter.

Wonder if LE found the rest of any 'peed' clothing/sheets in the pile of dirty clothes ??

Yep, sad to say that's been my thoughts also......I think a blanket from the big bed is missing.

Misty only accounts for 3 blankets, & one of them is used in the window.

This would mean 4 people having been sharing 2 blankets this past winter.

Wonder if LE found the rest of any 'peed' clothing/sheets in the pile of dirty clothes ??

but wouldn't that be the right number (2)? one for the main bed where 3 slept and one for Haleigh?

Who's blanket was in the van "that they took".

MC's?

There was a blanket at the window (I'm sure they were using it as a curtain IMHO) that she says she took down. Did she say she had to wash it too?

Then there is Haleigh's blanket. She said it smelled like pee and had to be washed.

Did she wash two blankets that night? Or just one?

Who reported that RC said that the bed had been made when he got home from work and that it had not been slept in? Who stated that he said that is important to me. (Just one of my quirks).

When I have time I'll go and look for all the video coverage that we have for every single time she spoke about the blankets. But if anyone remembers offhand what she said I would appreciate it. TIA.

MC's?

There was a blanket at the window (I'm sure they were using it as a curtain IMHO) that she says she took down. Did she say she had to wash it too?

Then there is Haleigh's blanket. She said it smelled like pee and had to be washed.

Who reported that RC said that the bed had been made when he got home from work and that it had not been slept in? Who stated that he said that is important to me. (Just one of my quirks).

When I have time I'll go and look for all the video coverage that we have for every single time she spoke about the blankets. But if anyone remembers offhand what she said I would appreciate it. TIA.

Who was they? Why was her blanket in the van? I have no idea LOL

Oh the blankets!!! They drive me crazy trying to understand. In one interview I think it's the one where she talks about the van "they" took, she sitting on a couch next to her mom, she says that she took the one off the window and had to wash it and Haleigh's blanket. In the Today show interview she says that she had to wash her blanket er... our blankets, and explains Haleigh's smelled like pee. Her story always seems to involve the washing of two blankets.

Tim Miller said that Ron told him the bed was not slept in, that she did not go to bed that night, and that there was no laundry done, the only clothes in the dryer were dirty clothes.

:bang:

MC's?

From what I remember, Misty's blanket was in the van that "they" took. So, she took the blanket off of the window and washed it because it was dusty. She also washed Haleigh's blanket because it smelled like pee. Poor Jr. doesn't seem to have a bed, therefore he didn't have a need for a blanket, I guess :rolleyes: I still want to know what happened to the blanket in the van, where is it? IIRC, it was Tim Miller who first suggested that Ron had told him the story about the bed was made and that no one had slept in it.

I agree maven.

Thank you lonetraveler.

Warning ~ speculation and just general puzzling out.

I want to go back and see which interview she made reference to the "they". I want to see if it was before or after the van was taken in by LE to be examined.

So if we are to give any validity to MC's story about blankets (to be honest, I am not sure we can KWIM?) then it was her blanket that was missing that night from the house.

I would think that she was implying or it might be I just inferred that by saying "my blanket was in the van that they took" (paraphrasing might not be her exact words) she was referring to the blanket for the bed that she and RC slept in. I might be wrong.

So ~ if that was the blanket she and RC shared for the bigger bed in the bedroom, logic says to me that it would have been there the night before when they went to bed. Or else if no other blanket were available then it would have already been removed from the window and been in use the night prior? Is my logic flawed?

The problem is, and we have no way of knowing this because LE won't comment on details...was her blanket in the van, if so Why is an even bigger question. Because why would she have put her blanket in the van ~that night~ if she had been home the entire night? See where my mind is going and how I am confused anyone? LOL sorry.

Another question for anyone that can help me without me going back through threads and threads (thank you).

If the blanket that was hers was in the van, and logic dictates that RC and MC would have slept under that blanket the night before, and possibly the morning of the day Haleigh disappeared....and logic dictates (at least to me) that the blanket was placed in the van sometime prior to Haleigh disappearing...

Who owns the van?

(these are not facts~ it's me speculating)

I agree maven.

Thank you lonetraveler.

Warning ~ speculation and just general puzzling out.

I want to go back and see which interview she made reference to the "they". I want to see if it was before or after the van was taken in by LE to be examined.

So if we are to give any validity to MC's story about blankets (to be honest, I am not sure we can KWIM?) then it was her blanket that was missing that night from the house.

I would think that she was implying or it might be I just inferred that by saying "my blanket was in the van that they took" (paraphrasing might not be her exact words) she was referring to the blanket for the bed that she and RC slept in. I might be wrong.

So ~ if that was the blanket she and RC shared for the bigger bed in the bedroom, logic says to me that it would have been there the night before when they went to bed. Or else if no other blanket were available then it would have already been removed from the window and been in use the night prior? Is my logic flawed?

The problem is, and we have no way of knowing this because LE won't comment on details...was her blanket in the van, if so Why is an even bigger question. Because why would she have put her blanket in the van ~that night~ if she had been home the entire night? See where my mind is going and how I am confused anyone? LOL sorry.

All good questions! You logic is clear to me, but not much in this case seems to involve logic. LOL

Since MC/RC hardly ever used back door..........(only to use to empty trash they claimed) Then a mattress, blanket (with pee, vomit or blood) to the dumpster would be trash..........IMO

Lindsey and Tommy own the van, Kat. Rumor has it that Chelsea and Tim had it that weekend. Sketchy about Monday. Personally, I would think tommy and lindsey would need the van back for the kids to get to school, etc...IDK>

I notice Misty uses "They" frequently. She say, "I never would have let them take her". She says the blanket was in the van "They" took. Also, she says "What so "They" want with a five year old little girl?"

I think Haleigh was drowned in the tub, covered in a sheet and placed on the bed. The sheets and blankets were later washed. One blanket (large) may have been used to carry her to van/car....don't know if it was brought back but tend to think it was and washed or disposed.

Kat:

The statement about the bed being made was from TM however, in one of the articles it does state that this was confirmed with LE.

Well the van is an issue for me. If in fact the blanket was in the van, that places the van at the MH. Which IMO, would go along with MC picking the kids up from the bus stop and heading the other direction in the van....JMO

Lindsey and Tommy own the van, Kat. Rumor has it that Chelsea and Tim had it that weekend. Sketchy about Monday. Personally, I would think tommy and lindsey would need the van back for the kids to get to school, etc...IDK>

If their kids took the school bus they would have managed without, I suppose, it's a walking distance from Tyler to the bus stop IMO.

All that was confirmed about the beds being made by LE is that they were told the same thing by Ronald. They didn't state if it was in fact true or not.

Didn't R.C. say that there was no laundry soap in the house? Didn't she claim she was "bleach" cleaning. Wonder why she would be cleaning with bleach.. All I can think of is the case of that man who killed his wife and child and then cleaned everything with bleach hoping to remove evidence.

I notice Misty uses "They" frequently. She say, "I never would have let them take her". She says the blanket was in the van "They" took. Also, she says "What so "They" want with a five year old little girl?"

I think Haleigh was drowned in the tub, covered in a sheet and placed on the bed. The sheets and blankets were later washed. One blanket (large) may have been used to carry her to van/car....don't know if it was brought back but tend to think it was and washed or disposed.

Bolded by me.

I think you're theory of a drowning is very acceptable as a theory.

In my mind I have thought that it could have been an accidental drowning. I haven't come to a solid conclusive theory about what happened to Haleigh that night, because for me there aren't enough facts to sort it all out.

I am going by MC saying she was in the trailer all evening. Then the fact that she showed deception when she was asked what happened to Haleigh and did she know where Haleigh is now. I trully think that she does know the answer to both of those questions.

Then we are left with the question as to why she would lie for so long. The only answer that I can come up with is that shame. Shame is a very powerful emotion and it can make us do extraordinary acts. I can't get into the psychology of it because even if MC is now emancipated, she is still an adolescent and their psychological makeup can be very different from an adults.

Just my speculation and not based on fact. My thoughts probably will change once more info comes out.

(I haven't addressed any of the other family members or case players because at this time I'm still stuck at MC...sorry).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back