Belgium - 32 Killed In Suicide Bombing At Brussels Airport, 22 March 2016 *arrests, Guilty*

23 dead and 35 wounded, according to Belgium's VRT
Airport, public transport closed in Brussels
Eurostar trains to Brussels canceled

Reported by CNN

[video=twitter;712217914481491968]https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/712217914481491968[/video]

On Belgian TV it is speculated that this wagon would have been on its way to the Wetstraat (EU Headquarters). Metro tracks run immediately underneath the street there.

All cars in that neighbourhood are being searchd by Belgian police, they are looking for parcels with bombs.

One early, unconfirmed report was that the explosion occurred at an American Airlines check-in desk.

One eye witness reported that at least one of the explosions seemed to come from behind the check-in desk as the desk seemed to have been blown outwards. If this is accurate, then one has to wonder whether Brussels airport was actually the target or whether it was an attempt to blow up a US aircraft in flight that went wrong. However AA reports all personnel and contractors safe. I guess we're in that completely confused state that follows these sorts of events.

What the heck did Belgium ever do to anyone? Belgium?!

IMO, it's because they arrested a terrorist that was part of the Paris attack. Scary stuff.

They just said on CNN the explosion was before the screening area.What they do at Brussels and Amsterdam is they route you through many tourist shops to get to security and get you to buy stuff before you leave.

I remember thinking how far you can get into the airport before security and someone could get in with a bomb.They have new security at the airport since 3 months ago but of course it did not work for us and we had to go through another way.Military was still present at train station and airport even alot of presense at Antwerpen port.It is not like Belgium was unprepared.I wonder if this could have been helped by someone inside.I have to go cry now and I am sure my phone will be ringing soon.Please pray for Belgium,it hurts me because I feel they are my people too.

:praying:

They need to shut down the Grand Plaza as soon as possible,that place is packed full of people all day and you are a sitting duck with small 4 narrow streets to exit.

IMO, it's because they arrested a terrorist that was part of the Paris attack. Scary stuff.

You're right, it's got to be linked. But lovely, peaceful, non controversial Belgium? Some days I hate this world.

:dunno:

[video=twitter;712217914481491968]https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/712217914481491968[/video]

On Belgian TV it is speculated that this wagon would have been on its way to the Wetstraat (EU Headquarters). Metro tracks run immediately underneath the street there.

All cars in that neighbourhood are being searchd by Belgian police, they are looking for parcels with bombs.

Ugh! the pictures make me sick to my stomach.MONSTERS!

I suspect this has been in the planning for a long time, but it may have been brought forward slightly in response to the arrest. If so, it would have happened very soon anyway, but if it has been put together in only a few days the situation is extremely dangerous indeed.

Let's not forget this is Holy Week when a lot of people will be travelling and therefore attractive timing for outrages.

These photos on CNN are just devastating!!!! Terrible times we live in!

I was posting on the Paris thread,I just returned from Belgium yesterday and was on the metro at rush hour and airport.There is no security until after you check in and they route you through many shops to get you to buy things before you leave.They also have new security since my last visit 3 months ago,I go every 3 months.I had thoughts of a bomb being at the airport.Belgium has had heavy police and military since Paris.I am very upset this was very close call and I pray for Belgium,please let there be no more!

Belgian TV:

number of casualties rising, 15 dead in metro as of now.

So glad you are safe cuffem as I said on the other thread after hearing this horror I came here to see if u had checked in with us. So are you saying that all the shops are before security check in? If so it would be so easy to do this with stores receiving deliveries etc. TIA

OUR PERPETRATORS ON THE RUN?

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/36484/Boma...177/2016/03/22/Vier-daders-op-de-vlucht.dhtml

The Justice Dept has "serious concerns" that several perpetrators of the attacks are on the run.There were four people who fled in the opposite direction after the attacks in Zaventem, sources have stated to our editorial staff. Possibly the perpetrators. Currently, there are being searched widely.

BBM

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88