Benefactor - Discuss here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Savannah, GA. I noticed a few weeks ago there is a new electronic billboard close to my home (the kind that changes pictures or ads every minute or 2), and there is a "Have you seen Baby Lisa Irwin" missing poster with reward info. Savannah is a long way from KC. I wonder if there are others throughout the country. This is my first post and I am not sure I'm in the right place to post, hope so.

There's a sign company that will put these up anywhere they are requested. If you look at the bottom of the sign, there will be a name, starts with an "L", I believe.

There's a sign company that will put these up anywhere they are requested. If you look at the bottom of the sign, there will be a name, starts with an "L", I believe.

Wow! Now I see the benefactors fascination/connection with DB. They are both narcissists!

Four and a half months since Lisa vanished. Many, many important people involved in this case for this income stricken couple:

1. A wealthy benefactor
2. Bill Stanton, an ex-LE from New York
3. Joe Tacopina, high-priced International Attoney
4. A Law professor who first represented them in one of their first interviews
5. Cindy Short, a Death Qualified criminal defense attorney
6. Joe Picerno, a local Death Qualified criminal defense attorney
7. Marissa Rendezzo, a well known, FBI expert psychologist, working with campus threats of violence, security breaches, etc.She is able to assess almost any threat.

Has anyone EVER heard of this many highly qualified people involved in representing a low income family who was innocent in the disappearance of their baby? These people came on board very quickly. How and why? Who needs all this help to represent them? Not one of these people even have an idea of what happened that day/night?

We have to assume the benefactor is driving this circus. All this money being spent and thousands of tips and not one lead.

It is VERY strange. I do not understand why this benefactor who probably barely knows D&J is spending thousands of dollars to defend them. However, I wonder if a lot of these people were attracted to the case because of the media coverage it received. The Anthony trial had just ended a few months earlier, and perhaps these people thought they were going to be part of the new crime phenomenon. If you're able to attach herself to a super high-profile case, you can get TV time and $$$ for years.

How many of the people from your list are still part of this case---now that it's not in the news anymore?

KsStormy wrote:
I believe the car was already there, but the story was that DB didn't drive when Lisa went missing, she drives all the time since the week after, according to neighbors.

is it a new car? (or is ron mistaken?)... if it is, did the benefactor buy it for them? (or was it bought through appearance/photo monies?)

is she still driving illegally or has she gotten her license? (is there any way to find out?)

Who among us would refuse the help DB and JI are getting if our child was abducted ? The fact that her cousin knows a wealthy benefactor indeed helps. If one of our cousins offered to help knowing that their baby cousin was abducted would they not try to do whatever possible ? I know my family would. Perhaps ML truly believes DB . I see nothing wrong with that.

I wish all families of abducted children would get this kind of attention.

I don't see what this wealthy person has done to locate Lisa. She has helped DB and JI hide from what I see. She has provided them shelter, security, and the ability to avoid LE questions.

This couple has done NOTHING to find Lisa. They refuse to cooperate with the people that are able to find her. If this is the kind of help given, I certainly hope that no one else jumps in and helps parents who refuse to cooperate.

KS also can hide behind her money. It is my opinion that she be called out and asked why she doesn't insist the parents talk to LE. Why she supports them with lawyers and security advisors (cough)...and demands nothing from them.

Kristi Schiller is not helping but is hindering the investigation of a missing child. Shame on her.

I don't see what this wealthy person has done to locate Lisa. She has helped DB and JI hide from what I see. She has provided them shelter, security, and the ability to avoid LE questions.

This couple has done NOTHING to find Lisa. They refuse to cooperate with the people that are able to find her. If this is the kind of help given, I certainly hope that no one else jumps in and helps parents who refuse to cooperate.

KS also can hide behind her money. It is my opinion that she be called out and asked why she doesn't insist the parents talk to LE. Why she supports them with lawyers and security advisors (cough)...and demands nothing from them.

Kristi Schiller is not helping but is hindering the investigation of a missing child. Shame on her.

I don't understand why she is helping them, when from what I remember, she barely knows them! I could understand if she was an immediate relative, but she's not.

I don't understand why she is helping them, when from what I remember, she barely knows them! I could understand if she was an immediate relative, but she's not.
I have no problem understanding why a wealthy person would donate money to someone that's not a relative. In fact I'm sure it's more common than not that they give to causes that can use their help instead of only relatives.

I'm not aware that a amount of money has been disclosed that the "benefactor " has donated so it's hard for me to decide if it's an large amount for a missing child case. I would be disappointed if she low balled this case.
JMO.

I have no problem understanding why a wealthy person would donate money to someone that's not a relative. In fact I'm sure it's more common than not that they give to causes that can use their help instead of only relatives.

I'm not aware that a amount of money has been disclosed that the "benefactor " has donated so it's hard for me to decide if it's an large amount for a missing child case. I would be disappointed if she low balled this case.
JMO.

When I think of "causes" I think of poverty in Africa, not paying for the lawyers of a woman you probably never met. The benefactor has been paying for their team since October. Is she going to be paying out money for years? I have no idea how much money that would be, but it just seems weird to make such a long-term commitment to something like that. Why doesn't she use her money to fund searches for Lisa? Or donate to the investigation so they can put more detectives on the case?

As for how much money the benefactor has given, I would say less than 100k. John and Patsy Ramsey said they had spent $1 million on lawyers by 1999, and they had 8 lawyers who worked for them at some point in the first 3 years. That would be about $333k a year. The Irwin case is almost a year old, and the Irwins have....2-3 lawyers right? Plus Bill Stanton....So I think 100k at the absolute maximum I think the benefactor has paid up to this point. Does anyone think that number is too off?

When I think of "causes" I think of poverty in Africa, not paying for the lawyers of a woman you probably never met. The benefactor has been paying for their team since October. Is she going to be paying out money for years? I have no idea how much money that would be, but it just seems weird to make such a long-term commitment to something like that. Why doesn't she use her money to fund searches for Lisa? Or donate to the investigation so they can put more detectives on the case?

As for how much money the benefactor has given, I would say less than 100k. John and Patsy Ramsey said they had spent $1 million on lawyers by 1999, and they had 8 lawyers who worked for them at some point in the first 3 years. That would be about $333k a year. The Irwin case is almost a year old, and the Irwins have....2-3 lawyers right? Plus Bill Stanton....So I think 100k at the absolute maximum I think the benefactor has paid up to this point. Does anyone think that number is too off?
When I think of "causes" what comes to my mind are a wide range of things. Whether it's a rich or poor person, I think that the issue is important to the person who is supporting their "cause". Why this person feels that helping Lisa's parents is important can be as simple as feeling that their victims in this case and could use some help.

How long and in what form she continues to offer her help is hard to say. It's her money to spend as she see's fit and I'm not about to criticize her for doing what she feels is right.

I have a question about your use of the word "detectives". Are you talking about private detectives or law enforcement detectives? I'm fine with someone hiring private detectives, but I'm not so sure that police detectives should be assigned to cases based on how much money is given to them by rich people. I feel that poor people deserve the same service from our police as rich people.

I apologize if I'm misunderstanding your post.

JMO.

absolutely nothing on KS's blog or twitter about the 1st anniversary of lisa's "disappearance" or her 2nd bday...

is she still part of "the team"? if not, why not?

absolutely nothing on KS's blog or twitter about the 1st anniversary of lisa's "disappearance" or her 2nd bday...

Does a lack of blogging to the public about Lisa Irwin mean that she has changed her view of things?

ETA : I should say,has there been a change in her public blogging? Show me some public change in her view of things that are relevant to Lisa Irwin.

I find it really confusing that she supports police dogs & does so much for/with them, but then she also supports these parents, when a police (FBI) dog had a hit for a cadaver in their bedroom. Truly confusing. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken