Benjaman Kyle Statement from Owner of Websleuths.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not take offense in this comment, Concerned Mom, and I only speak for myself here, but IMO I really do believe that those of us who have been here almost every single day from the beginning, such as Cubby, Dreamweaver, and Believe have suspected things for awhile. Some of the questions we asked were not being answered, some of the answers we received were odd, and some of the attitudes about questions were alittle rude. For example...one time a comment was made from BK's camp that he had been asked questions in nausaum and was tired of the questions. Frankly I found that comment to be not only rude, but IF he was truly seeking his identity, he would have no problem answering questions a million times. There would be no "in nausaum" because he/they would understand that we were asking the questions to help him and that would be appreciated, not mocked. Every time we might get close to finding an answer, another monkey wrench was thrown into the mix. So, while I understand your concern, please please know that Tricia, Kent, Believe, etc did not come to this realization lightly. We have poured our hearts into this case, and I do not believe that there is one of us here that expected or would have hoped that this was the outcome. Again JMO.
I feel SO sad for everyone here who has worked so hard-Carolwood, Roselve, Believe, Dream, Cubby, Christine, and so many others. But...I am so proud to have worked with all of you, and I look forward to pouring our energies into those cases that truly need our brilliance! :blowkiss:

Yes, that is what I am thinking, why couldn't he have had amnesia, before being found?

Julessleuther -

Thank you so much for your post. I fully support you and your questions, along with being pissed and the range of emotions you as well as many of us experienced upon learning this news! Never feel bad for putting your heart out there to help victims. We do so taking the chance people are honest or not. Being fooled a time or two, and we've had a few here at WS, is better than being distrustful of everyone. I'd rather be fooled 5 percent of the time when 95 percent of people are honest and appreciative of our assistance, than to never take the chance to be compassionate and offer whatever assistance I can for those victims truely seeking justice or needing help.

:hug:

I think you misunderstood me, since LE said he wasn't beaten, and he never said he was, I was suggesting in on of my earlier posts, that he could have had amnesia prior to his being found at the dumpster. I don't know where in my posts you got that I didn't believe LE.

Well it is certainly your prerogative to take the word of law enforcement or not. I for one choose to believe law enforcements statements in this case. But again, if you choose not to, then that is your choice and I respect your decision.

Sooooo many things are swirling around my brain right now after hearing the news. I for one am even more interested in who he is now then I was before (no one knows who he is still?????) I would also like to hear the whole story of how this all came out because for me, from the beginning, there has always been HUGE red flags that certain members DID NOT like me bringing up in that forum. I could go on and on but those of you who read my posts WAY back when I actually thought my input would be helpful know what my concerns were.

I also wonder why it took so long for some of this information to come out.....(?) I hadn't visited that forum in a few months but don't remember anyone bringing up the homeless camp by the Burger King (and there were several people who claimed to know that area very well.) Had no one called the police department prior to now? He definitely didn't want to answer ANY questions regarding where he was found or what the first responders thought when they responded to the scene of the Burger King dumpster. He was also VERY adamant that he was not homeless prior to being "discovered".

I would also really like to hear from some of the die hard BK supporters who didn't like to hear anyone question his story to see what made them flip.

I feel so sorry for all the people who spent countless hours of their time out of the kindness of their heart to help someone who appears (by what we are being told) to be a fraud. So, so sad!

Wow! I have told so many people about this case. Didnt you guys some how get him chosen for that DNA ancestor testing. Didn't you guys even get to narrowing him down to Powells or something? This is crazy.
I thought I read he was found covered in ant bites. And that he was working at the hospital to live there or something.
I never thought twice that this case wasnt real but I have thought multiple times about why he demanded some picture of his not be posted. Was it that he had sold it to the media or something? Just remember thinking it was weird. If there is proof he made this all up I would be shocked if the media doesnt pick it up more.

I think you misunderstood me, since LE said he wasn't beaten, and he never said he was, I was suggesting in on of my earlier posts, that he could have had amnesia prior to his being found at the dumpster. I don't know where in my posts you got that I didn't believe LE.

Show me where BK never said he was beaten. It's in his wikipage, it was in the last media story written about his case less than 2 weeks ago.

Respectfully Concerned, have you read through all the posts here on the BK thread? All the research that has been done? I am trying to be respectful here, but I feel you have a bit of an "attitude" and I am perplexed. Please take the time to read through everything (it will take you awhile) and perhaps then you will understand. In "sleuthing" your posts, I noticed that you had not posted in this thread before today, so I am assuming you are not very familiar with this case. Some of the people who have worked on this case are some of the most respected amateur sleuthes you will EVER meet (I do not presume to fall in that category, but hey, a girl can dream...) Tricia is a highly respected webmaster in the sleuthing community. She has kept a amateur sleuthing board of intregrity, honor, and of the finest people. When Tricia says something I trust her. She knows her stuff. You have to know that those of us who have worked on this are hurt, frustrated, and angry. This is NOT what we expected.

The issue is that BK has not refuted public comments, newspaper articles etc that have stated that he was found beaten. He has been interviewed and has not refuted the claims. His own facebook pages allude to it. It is not just a matter of not knowing--he does know what has been written and has made no attempt to correct the information being published. I understand your confusion and your questions (to a certain extent) but please take the time to see the work that has been done here and you will understand how this decision has been made. We do not take this lightly!!!

:banghead: Me too--I want to know who he is and that he is not a criminal that we have been helping!! :sick:

(I apologize for all my spelling errors tonight--I have no defense except that I did not have any coffee today. For an English major, my writing tonight is appalling!) :)

Sooooo many things are swirling around my brain right now after hearing the news. I for one am even more interested in who he is now then I was before (no one knows who he is still?????) I would also like to hear the whole story of how this all came out because for me, from the beginning, there has always been HUGE red flags that certain members DID NOT like me bringing up in that forum. I could go on and on but those of you who read my posts WAY back when I actually thought my input would be helpful know what my concerns were.

I also wonder why it took so long for some of this information to come out.....(?) I hadn't visited that forum in a few months but don't remember anyone bringing up the homeless camp by the Burger King (and there were several people who claimed to know that area very well.) Had no one called the police department prior to now? He definitely didn't want to answer ANY questions regarding where he was found or what the first responders thought when they responded to the scene of the Burger King dumpster. He was also VERY adamant that he was not homeless prior to being "discovered".

I would also really like to hear from some of the die hard BK supporters who didn't like to hear anyone question his story to see what made them flip.

I feel so sorry for all the people who spent countless hours of their time out of the kindness of their heart to help someone who appears (by what we are being told) to be a fraud. So, so sad!

:banghead: Me too--I want to know who he is and that he is not a criminal that we have been helping!! :sick:

Is it not true that the FBI ran fingerprint checks? If so, then doubtful he is a criminal, or at least not much of one.

So medical records never did report BK was not an alcoholic or drug user?? Those words come from NB?

(I apologize for all my spelling errors tonight--I have no defense except that I did not have any coffee today. For an English major, my writing tonight is appalling!) :)

I don't think he is a criminal in the sense he was 'wanted' somewhere. If so, he would not have allowed his picture to be out there everywhere, nor would he have agreed to appear on the Dr. Phil show. Is there a possibility some of his actions regarding his story on being an amnesiac fall under some criminal category? I don't know..... that would be for law enforcement to decide.

JMO

Good question! I think we have found in our various investigations that not every local LE agency has fingerprints in a national databases. Many fingerprints are just on cards in a file cabinet somewhere. Or he could have been accused or done something illegal, but if he had not been arrested yet, fingerprints would not have been run yet...

Is it not true that the FBI ran fingerprint checks? If so, then doubtful he is a criminal, or at least not much of one.

True.
I don't think he is a criminal in the sense he was 'wanted' somewhere. If so, he would not have allowed his picture to be out there everywhere, nor would he have agreed to appear on the Dr. Phil show. Is there a possibility some of his actions regarding his story on being an amnesiac fall under some criminal category? I don't know..... that would be for law enforcement to decide.

JMO

Some documents are protected by law, and not open for public record. I believe some of those documents Mr. Kyle would have to give his permission for the FBI to have, or LE would have had to seek a court order to subpeona or get a search warrant for them. With as little time as LE has to spend on missing adults, especially white males, it is possible some things were not fully researched on LE's end when all they had was a John Doe.

I can see things slipping by on John Does, it happens all the time. Look how many UID's we have listed at places like Doe Network or NamUs. LE isn't exactly making it a priority to name them, nor do they have the time or funds.

jmo

What type of documents would BK have to give his permission for the FBI to have? Considering that we are specifically talking about his lack of head injury, I would presume we are talking about medical records. Per HIPAA, the FBI as well as state and local law enforcement ABSOLUTELY DO NOT NEED permission from a patient to view his/her medical records. There are many instances where HIPAA doesn't apply. It does not apply to Law Enforcement.

This new information is certainly disappointing to hear, but I cannot say that I am surprised. I made a post a few weeks ago (still on the front page of this forum) expressing my suspicions about BK's story. Perhaps I wasn't as direct as I should have been... I wanted to say that I felt BK was being dishonest and that a lot of things didn't add up, but at the same time I didn't want to seem overly negative or offensive.

I first came across BK's story a few months ago, and the more I learned about it, the less sense it made. As I read more and more of BK's responses on this forum, it really started to click that something wasn't right. He seemed so dismissive in his answers, and completely ignored some of the bigger questions which seemed potentially helpful. He was also very vague about the events of the day he was found, never going into detail about his physical condition, facial hair growth, and other important bits of information.

I have to agree with the conclusion that BK has been dishonest about his story. However, like many others, I don't consider this case to be completely closed... not until his true identity is confirmed. There are too many loose ends and too many hours of research to just call it quits. This story has been spread through national and local media, as well as the internet, and has gained the attention of probably millions of people. If it ends now without any further information, no one will ever know the entire truth. I personally would like to see the investigation continue until the full story comes out, which is bound to happen sooner or later. If nothing else, for the sake of whatever family BK may have somewhere, who may be still wondering what happened to him.

It seems fairly obvious that BK was probably homeless prior to being discovered in 2004. But I seriously doubt he has been homeless his entire life... he is obviously intelligent, well spoken, and educated to some extent. At some point, he had a "normal life" with family, friends, coworkers, etc. Someone somewhere knows who he is, and I'd be willing to bet that some of the leads which BK himself quickly dismissed will eventually turn out to reveal some truth. The Davidson DNA match also seems very promising... has anyone been in contact with descendants of Robert Holden Davidson?

I still wouldn't count out the possibility that BK had some form of amnesia. It is hard to know the extent of the deception involved in his story, and until that is figured out, it is worth investigating in my opinion. Even if BK turns out to be a vagrant with a dark past who invented this whole story, I think many of us would still like to know.

So medical records never did report BK was not an alcoholic or drug user?? Those words come from NB?

That is my understanding. I believe one of the threads, not sure where, has some statements from NB where her 'interpretation' or comments are in bold. I will try to find it and link it..........

The Godfather. I would agree, except I am not convinced BK does not already know his true identity and for whatever reason has chosen not to reveal it.

JMO

ETA: Part of me also thinks he may have a good idea he would not be recognized by family, friends, former neighbors, coworkers, because the lifestyle he lived prior to being discovered had been part of him for some time, and any ties he had to family, friends etc..... had been broken for some time. Who knows, maybe he had something to 'prove' to those he once knew... and this is why he chose this route....... only to have it implode.

The above is pure speculation of course and I do not wish anything bad to happen to Mr. Kyle. I am just hurt and disappointed he did not at some point realize this had fully gotten out of hand and failed to put the brakes on it.

JMO

Admitted to the hospital for two weeks for treatment of scabies? No way, no how. Even the worst case of scabies in the world wouldn't merit a two week hospital stay (unless there were horrific sequelae like sepsis from infected wounds or something).

Very true!!!! Never, ever would a patient be admitted as an inpatient for two weeks for scabies. Never.

WhyaDuck. I think there was a lot of checking done to verify what Tricia and some of the sleuths knew before making what was learned public. I trust that Tricia did not, nor would she take making a statement such as she did lightly.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member