Missing pregnant Shannon Watts body found, athorities believe they know where the bodies of her 2 children are located, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

Bess Myerson, 1st Jewish Miss America, dead at 90

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by BetteDavisEyes, Jan 5, 2015.

1. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

Bess Myerson, the 1st Jewish Miss America, dies at 90

By CHRISTOPHER WEBER, AP
    1 hour ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Bess Myerson, the first Jewish Miss America and a New York political force until a series of scandals dubbed the "Bess Mess" forced her into obscurity, has died. She was 90.

Myerson died Dec. 14 at her home in Santa Monica, California, according to the Los Angeles coroner's office and Department of Public Health Vital Records Office. Her death was first reported by The New York Times.

The Bronx-born Myerson was hailed as a Jewish, feminist Jackie Robinson — a groundbreaker for her religion and sex — after parlaying her stunning 1945 Miss America victory into national celebrity...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20150105/US--Obit-Bess.Myerson/

2. STANDREID

STANDREID A slacker when slacker wasn't cool

R.I.P. Bess - will always remember you from I've Got a Secret. I also remember when she used to joke about being the oldest living Miss America.

3. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

Such a beautiful lady.....RIP Bess