Beth Karas, Holly Hughes, Katiecoolady, This Week's Guests on True Crime Radio

Great show tonight, Tricia and Katie (and Beth and Holly, if you happen to visit this site).

Thanks so much for taking my call, too. I was honored to talk with you.

Michael

Nice to chat with you too Michael! :seeya:

OMG - that is hysterical and I only got to page two. I'll be reading it all when I have time. Tuffy = hahha, and Its a big bird -lmao.

TY for sharing - that is great.

Tuffy hasn't been around much lately, but I agree she's hysterical.

Disappointed with Holly Hughes' opinion about Juan Martinez--I don't agree with her at all.

He doesn't personally attack witnesses--Samuels was a fraud and so is ALV. They both were lying for JA. ALV read a bunch of emails, texts & IM's interviewed JA. That's it. From that she opines that TA was a pedophile, an abuser and a batterer. JM is exposing her for what she is--a bought opinion.

Also don't agree with HH's take that ALV wasn't attracted to JA--ALV is a lesbian, so there IS that same bias with ALV that there was with Samuels--and you can see JA on camera whispering to her MS in a sexual fashion. JA manipulates both sexes.

I love Juan's Bulldog style!! :thumb:

Yes, he's a prosecutor. His job is to impeach the witnesses for defense. If you plan to be a defense witness and don't like JM then make sure you are prepared to tell the truth on the stand. I think we all get the point of a witness saying it's not a yes or no answer because it gives them time to fabricate or construct an answer favorable to their testimony. As an expert one should be able to say yes or no to a yes or no question.

Also don't agree with HH's take that ALV wasn't attracted to JA--ALV is a lesbian, so there IS that same bias with ALV that there was with Samuels--and you can see JA on camera whispering to her MS in a sexual fashion. JA manipulates both sexes.

I agree. I have a feeling she is only friends with Donovan because it conveniences Jodi.

How do you know she's a lesbian? She has children.

Yes, he's a prosecutor. His job is to impeach the witnesses for defense. If you plan to be a defense witness and don't like JM then make sure you are prepared to tell the truth on the stand. I think we all get the point of a witness saying it's not a yes or no answer because it gives them time to fabricate or construct an answer favorable to their testimony. As an expert one should be able to say yes or no to a yes or no question.

It seems the witness' don't trust the defense team to adequately recross them.

I felt that the evasive answers and all of the non-answers-to-the-question by the two defense "experts" heavily
contributed to Juan Martinez needing to be such a bulldog.

Dr. Samuels wasn't too forthcoming about the ever-changing test results. And he did, in fact, cross the line between
evaluation and treatment by sending a book to Jodi.

Alyce did do some fudging on her CV and she outright lied about having testified in a criminal trial when
all she did was to write a report. Saying "But I was willing to testify" is NOT testifying.

IMO the Prosecutor HAD to do his job, which is to impeach the witness. I honestly do not think his goal was
or is to destroy anyone personally. But I do think a witness who swears to tell the truth and then is so obviously
playing fast and loose with truth is setting THEMSELF up for personal destruction.

I mean, honestly, what reputable psychologist "forgets" to bring the proper forms along for a testing evaluation
and then writes all the answers down himself, in his own handwriting? And then mis-counts the resulting values- twice?
I can assure you, this testimony boggled the minds of several professionals in the same field I talked to about it.

As for Alyce, the first time I looked at her 20 page CV, I knew the Prosecutor was going to question it. The lack of a
doctorate jumped right off the page. And the business of exaggerating herself into being a Keynote Speaker at an event
when she clearly was not, well what can one say? Again, it is just so totally unprofessional to do that.

Alyce also denied again and again that the characters from the Snow White tale were a part of her presentation. She
kept repeating that it was "just a catchy title". And that again is untrue. You can go onto youtube and see the presentation.
I will admit I did not watch the entire presentation. But just in the first 10 minutes of it, going through the various characters
and talking about them is exactly what she is doing.

Alyce got caught out in quite a few mistruths on that short first day of cross examination. The defense attorneys had the
next three days to better prepare her for the rest of the cross exam. Apparently they chose not to do so.

So, what was the Prosecutor to do? Be nice to her? Be gentle with her? I don't think so.

Edited to add: Steely Dan, yes I've read several times now that Alyce has a
female domestic partner - which I guess means she is a lesbian. The fact that
she has children does not affect that. She must have been in a hetero relationship at one time. There are quite a lot of
homosexual men who were once married and have children. Like that former Governor of New Jersey.
MCGreavy, I think his name is.

Oh, these margins are driving me crazy!

I felt that the evasive answers and all of the non-answers-to-the-question by the two defense "experts" heavily
contributed to Juan Martinez needing to be such a bulldog.

Dr. Samuels wasn't too forthcoming about the ever-changing test results. And he did, in fact, cross the line between
evaluation and treatment by sending a book to Jodi.

Alyce did do some fudging on her CV and she outright lied about having testified in a criminal trial when
all she did was to write a report. Saying "But I was willing to testify" is NOT testifying.

IMO the Prosecutor HAD to do his job, which is to impeach the witness. I honestly do not think his goal was
or is to destroy anyone personally. But I do think a witness who swears to tell the truth and then is so obviously
playing fast and loose with truth is setting THEMSELF up for personal destruction.

I mean, honestly, what reputable psychologist "forgets" to bring the proper forms along for a testing evaluation
and then writes all the answers down himself, in his own handwriting? And then mis-counts the resulting values- twice?
I can assure you, this testimony boggled the minds of several professionals in the same field I talked to about it.

As for Alyce, the first time I looked at her 20 page CV, I knew the Prosecutor was going to question it. The lack of a
doctorate jumped right off the page. And the business of exaggerating herself into being a Keynote Speaker at an event
when she clearly was not, well what can one say? Again, it is just so totally unprofessional to do that.

Alyce also denied again and again that the characters from the Snow White tale were a part of her presentation. She
kept repeating that it was "just a catchy title". And that again is untrue. You can go onto youtube and see the presentation.
I will admit I did not watch the entire presentation. But just in the first 10 minutes of it, going through the various characters
and talking about them is exactly what she is doing.

Alyce got caught out in quite a few mistruths on that short first day of cross examination. The defense attorneys had the
next three days to better prepare her for the rest of the cross exam. Apparently they chose not to do so.

So, what was the Prosecutor to do? Be nice to her? Be gentle with her? I don't think so.

Edited to add: Steely Dan, yes I've read several times now that Alyce has a
female domestic partner - which I guess means she is a lesbian. The fact that
she has children does not affect that. She must have been in a hetero relationship at one time. There are quite a lot of
homosexual men who were once married and have children. Like that former Governor of New Jersey.
MCGreavy, I think his name is.

Oh, these margins are driving me crazy!

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. You're post is pretty much how I feel about the "expert" witness'.

ALV is testifying for JA, but more than anyone I think she is working for Willmott. She wants Willmott to win and will say what she has to.

Liebchenmutti: Did you get that info from her book jackets? Also, who charges $33 & $39 for paperbacks! ALV for one

In case I've not shared this enough, please note there is a FB page to "Bring Back Beth" (I made it lol)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beth-Karas-Bring-Back-Beth/556728244361860?fref=ts

How I would love, love, love to see a show hosted by Beth Karas walking us through pre-trial, trial, jury selection, evidence, the prosecution's case, the defense's case, etc, etc, etc!! Every single bit of information they have, and break it all down for us non-legal folk.

This could be a long running, nightly show with everything in this case so far. And when this trial is over, move on to the next.

Beth would be perfect for that type of show because she's a class act and she states the facts, without speculating for drama.

Please HLN!! It's the least you can do to make up for the gazillion commercials each day!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back