MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBBM

Apparently, that includes ALL medical records - to include mental health...we don't have to mention the potential pitfalls of having been raped leading to sexual dysfunction, addiction, self-harm, suicidal ideations, loss of self-esteem, damage to interpersonal relationships, depression, anxiety, etc. Those women are going to be forced to defend every decision made after their assaults.

Yet, when the women in the defamation suit requested his medical records, Cosby's attorneys stated they were 'irrelevant, extraordinarily invasive, and intimate'. Because, apparently, an accused rapist being afflicted with a sexual paraphilia or other sexual dysfunction is irrelevant but victims are fair and open game?

Just. Infuriating.

Just because one wears a seat belt, doesn't indicate that they are "terrified" of being injured in a car accident. You make a very poor case against personal safety measures.

Perhaps instead of focusing on what victims could have done differently, I believe a much more important question is why only 2% of rapists will ever spend one day in prison? In part, the cause of this anomaly is indeed, us as a society, having spent the past few decades largely focused on what victims could have done differently. It does nothing to deter or prevent crime, obviously, and everything to deter and prevent victims from coming forward seeing as 68% of sexual assaults have gone unreported in the last five years.

https://rainn.org/get-information/statistics/reporting-rates

EXCLUSIVE: Victory: Janice Dickinson is 'very happy' after judge rules her lawsuit against disgraced comedian Bill Cosby over rape allegations can go to trial

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge rules Janice Dickinson has enough evidence to go trial in her lawsuit against disgraced comedian Bill Cosby

'I hope to get justice for all women, I will not go down, I will keep fighting and stay strong,' Dickinson tells Daily Mail Online exclusively

Jury will now decide the credibility of Dickinson's allegations and whether a statement by Cosby's former lawyer branding her a liar was defamatory

Dickinson sued Cosby last May after he denied her claims that he drugged and raped her in Lake Tahoe in 1982

Lisa Bloom, Dickinson's attorney, calls this ruling a great victory for them

'We've been fighting for a year to get this outcome, just to get access to the court and the court ruled today that the case goes forward,' says Bloom

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...median-Bill-Cosby-rape-allegations-trial.html

Just because one wears a seat belt, doesn't indicate that they are "terrified" of being injured in a car accident. You make a very poor case against personal safety measures.

Out of that entire post THIS is what you choose to focus on? SMH.

RBBM Apparently, that includes ALL medical records - to include mental health...we don't have to mention the potential pitfalls of having been raped leading to sexual dysfunction, addiction, self-harm, suicidal ideations, loss of self-esteem, damage to interpersonal relationships, depression, anxiety, etc. Those women are going to be forced to defend every decision made after their assaults.

Yet, when the women in the defamation suit requested his medical records, Cosby's attorneys stated they were 'irrelevant, extraordinarily invasive, and intimate'. Because, apparently, an accused rapist being afflicted with a sexual paraphilia or other sexual dysfunction is irrelevant but victims are fair and open game?

Just. Infuriating.

It often seems that in our society, women are held to a much higher standard of behaviour than are men. This bullying intimidation tactic by BC's legal team is, IMO, a demand to increase the protection already granted him by the legal system. And, I think, with this tactic, BC's team is demanding that the complainants must prove themselves to be the perfect victims.

There is an article written by Paula Todd in response to the very controversial verdict reached in the Jian Ghomeshi trial which, although the trial took place in Canada, may be of interest in this discussion of the BC v 55 complainants case.

When accused, an alleged attacker need not prove there was consent; it is up to the alleged victim to prove there wasn’t. And, as this case establishes, actions they may take to heal a relationship, deny their victimhood, or increase their chances of being believed can be fatal to their cause...This case turned on the complainants’ failure or refusal to speak candidly about the post-attack relationship with Ghomeshi, and the adverse inference the judge drew from what he saw as lies and deception.
http://news.nationalpost.com/full-c...meshi-guide-for-reporting-your-sexual-assault

Todd has written a bitingly sarcastic list of behaviours that seem to be demanded of women who are raped. The demand seems to lie beneath the questions and comments posed by the legal community, by juries, by friends, by neighbours, by people who want to pass judgement not on the accused rapist, but on the victim(s). Her article ends with a question that I think is profound and has incredible relevance to BritsKate's post.

"Is what you do after you are attacked always more important than what is done to you?"

Hugh Hefner will be asked to testify in Bill Cosby case over claims disgraced comedian sexually assaulted 15-year-old in the Playboy Mansion

Hugh Hefner will be deposed in civil sexual assault case against Bill Cosby

Playboy boss will be questioned by attorneys for alleged victim Judy Huth

Huth claims Cosby abused her in the Playboy Mansion when she was 15

Comic's testimony will be delayed as he fights a separate sex assault case

Cosby is also accused of defaming Janice Dickinson after branding her a liar for alleging that he drugged and raped her in 1982

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...5-year-old-Playboy-Mansion.html#ixzz44UsNIaY5

Larry Wilmore took a few shots at BC.

Here's an excerpt from the article describing Wilmore's rant.

Among the “objects relating to Cosby” at the Smithsonian-affiliated exhibit: “A comic book from ‘I Spy’ and the cover of a comedy album.”

“What, no quaaludes?” Wilmore said. “If you want me to remember Cosby, can you please include all the ways he’s tried to make women forget Bill Cosby — cappuccinos, depositions, large cash settlements? I see those things in a museum, I’ll think of The Cos.”

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/06/lar...l_cosby_isnt_he_better_known_now_as_a_rapist/

Good for him. I'd love it if more celebrities were as vocal in calling out the Cos for his rapey ways.
IMO

Wanda Sykes put the jabs on Cosby last night on Conan -- love her style:

[video=youtube;Nv704ySVYCU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv704ySVYCU[/video]

Comedian Bill Cosby asks court to reseal court papers where he admits to extra-marital affairs and using powerful sedatives to seduce women who he later paid off to drop lawsuits

Court papers show Bill Cosby admitted using sedatives to seduce women

He also admitted to paying off some of the women to avoid court cases

Cosby's legal team do not want the information used in current court cases

He is facing criminal and civil cases relating to alleged sexual assaults

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-later-paid-drop-lawsuits.html#ixzz45iGLu9cp

Fox News is saying that one of the complainants is being allowed to read any documents and emails which BC's criminal lawyer shared with the former prosecutor.

U.S. District Judge Eduardo Robreno, presiding at Friday's hearing, is the same judge who agreed last year to unseal excerpts from Cosby's testimony in Constand's 2005 lawsuit. In the excerpts, Cosby, who's been married for more than 50 years, acknowledged a series of affairs and getting sedatives to give women he hoped to seduce. That led Castor's successor to reopen the criminal case.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...sexual-assualt-allowed-to-see-emails-from-ex/

Cosby’s criminal case can resume after appeal rejected

Maryclaire Dale, Associated Press 1:29 p.m. EDT April 25, 2016

Philadelphia — A Pennsylvania appeals court has rejected Bill Cosby’s attempt to halt his criminal case because of what he called a decade-old deal not to prosecute him.

The mid-level state Superior Court ruled Monday that the criminal sex-assault case against Cosby can proceed...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2016/04/25/bill-cosby/83501954/

Cosby loses appeal bid, criminal case to resume

Updated: April 25, 2016 — 1:39 PM EDT

by Laura McCrystal, STAFF WRITER

A state appeals court on Monday said it won't hear Bill Cosby's bid to dismiss sexual assault charges against him and instead returned the case to Montgomery County to resume its path toward a trial.

In a three-sentence order, the Superior Court panel rejected the 78-year-old entertainer's request for a rare pretrial appeal. The court also lifted a temporary stay it had put on all court proceedings, paving the way for a pretrial evidentiary hearing in Norristown...

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20160426_Cosby_loses_appeal__criminal_case_to_resume.html

This is sickening if true and I believe it is at this point. He was rich, famous, powerful in the industry, and decent looking. He could have had many willing women. Why do that to them? I just need to understand.

This is sickening if true and I believe it is at this point. He was rich, famous, powerful in the industry, and decent looking. He could have had many willing women. Why do that to them? I just need to understand.

He didn't want a willing woman. he wanted to take a woman and do what he wanted.

(Things aren't going so well lately for BC.)

Bill Cosby shot down in court as he loses bid to obtain the notes of reporter who interviewed 35 women who claim they were drugged and raped by disgraced actor

Bill Cosby's bid to get the notes of a reporter who interviewed 35 women who accused him of rape was shot down by a judge on Tuesday

The interviews became part of a cover story in New York last July, with the woman describing their alleged encounters with Cosby

The women featured on the cover included models Janice Dickinson and Beverly Johnson and former Playboy Bunny Carla Ferrigno

In other court news, a preliminary hearing has been scheduled for May 24 in Cosby's criminal sexual assault case
That trial involves Andrea Constand, who Cosby is accused of raping in 2004

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3560013/Bill-Cosby-magazine-reporters-notes-judge.html

Bill Cosby will be 79 this year. I have doubts that he will go to jail, but I'm sure his behavior is going to cost him financially.

EXCLUSIVE: Now Hugh Hefner is sued over claims he 'conspired' with Bill Cosby to drug and sexually assault teenage dancer at Playboy Mansion

By Ryan Parry, West Coast Correspondent For Dailymail.com and Kelly Mclaughlin For Dailymail.com
Published: 18:15 EST, 16 May 2016 | Updated: 21:26 EST, 16 May 2016

Hugh Hefner is being sued over claims he 'conspired' with Bill Cosby to drug and sexually assault a teenager at the Playboy Mansion, Daily Mail Online can reveal.

The 90-year-old Playboy boss is named in new legal papers filed on Monday in Los Angeles by a dancer who alleges Cosby attacked her at a party in 2008 at the mansion, when she was just 18.

Chloe Goins claims Cosby gave her a drink and that she later awoke to find herself naked with Cosby biting her toes and with his pants around his ankles.

But she also alleges in papers filed at Los Angeles Superior Court that it was Hefner who told her to lie down because she felt ill after Cosby gave her the drink.

Her attorney Spencer Kuvin told Daily Mail Online that Hefner needed to be held to account for what he said was 30 years of Cosby's sexual conduct.

'We believe that Mr Hefner not only knew but at the very least should have known what Mr Cosby has been doing to these women over the last 30 plus years,' Kuvin said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3593606/Now-Hugh-Hefner-sued-claims-conspired-Bill-Cosby-drug-sexually-assault-teenage-dancer-Playboy-Mansion.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998