MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
05/23/2017

3 white men, 2 white women picked for Bill Cosby jury so far

PITTSBURGH (AP) — The panel that will decide Bill Cosby’s fate in his sex assault trial began to take shape Monday with the selection of five jurors, three white men and two white women.

The search for 12 jurors and six alternates got off to a brisk start, even though a third of the initial jury pool had an opinion about Cosby’s guilt or innocence and an equal number said they or someone close to them had been sexually assaulted. Lawyers on both sides are contemplating a person’s race, sex, age, occupation and interests as they weigh their likely sympathies, experts said. Cosby, 79, has said he thinks race “could be” a motivating factor in the accusations lodged against him...

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/3-white-men-2-white-women-picked-for-bill-cosby-jury-so-far/

I was stunned when I read the statement by Cosby's daughter, Ensa. Is his family member really comparing Cosby's situation to a "lynching" of any form?

From the following article: "My father has been publicly lynched in the media," Ensa Cosby said in the audio statement.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/16/us/bill-cosby-interview-racism-trial/

This truly dishonors the memories and absolute horror that African Americans suffered. Using the word "lynched"? Comparing Cosby to Emmett Till? This is at the least shameful and at the most, absolutely deplorable.

From the following article:

"Simply put, unlike Emmett Till or Eric Garner or Tamir Rice or Geronimo Pratt, Bill Cosby should not be the symbol of racial injustice. To do so tarnishes the painful legacies of Till, Garner, Rice, Pratt and so many others – so many others who deserve better than Bill Cosby as their avatar."

https://wallaceford.wordpress.com/2016/01/05/bill-cosby-is-not-emmett-till/

I am still waiting to hear the end of the sentence from Cosby's statement in the following article:

“Once again, I go back to my lawyers,” he said. “When you have to deal with examination, cross-examination, et cetera, et cetera — more than two sides to every story. Sometimes it’s four or five. . . . I just don’t want to sit there and have to figure out what I believe is a truthful answer as to whether or not I’m opening a can of something that my lawyers are scrambling.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.ee38ca5be21e

My husband is legally deaf....so saids the Army, SSD, his doctors However he can still hear some sounds. He has a balance issue also and some days are worse, but not all. It could be BC is the same....he is legally blind but still has some vision, enough he does not need help but when going to curt play all the cards, also what ever crippling disease BC has could be worse some days then others.....he forgets and switches canes side to side....and I am not talking about seeing eyes cane.

Hubby said he knows of people that use their disability to their advantage and makes the disability worse for sympathy or to get what they want. is...Maybe BC does the same....JMO. I noticed he forgets what side needs help....etc. Interesting. IMO BC is playing an acting role.

I am not impressed with BC, I believe all the accusers. I hope that the trial is fair on both sides and that No one is bought off or threatened. I hope the Judge is fair...no sides taken....but that is a big wish on my part.

Thanks for the reply, MsJosie. I too have a disability and sometimes I have to use a cane, crutches or just crawl (at home).
I never forget which side my pain is on, too bad BC is also senile. NOT!

05/23/2017

3 white men, 2 white women picked for Bill Cosby jury so far

PITTSBURGH (AP) — The panel that will decide Bill Cosby’s fate in his sex assault trial began to take shape Monday with the selection of five jurors, three white men and two white women.

The search for 12 jurors and six alternates got off to a brisk start, even though a third of the initial jury pool had an opinion about Cosby’s guilt or innocence and an equal number said they or someone close to them had been sexually assaulted. Lawyers on both sides are contemplating a person’s race, sex, age, occupation and interests as they weigh their likely sympathies, experts said. Cosby, 79, has said he thinks race “could be” a motivating factor in the accusations lodged against him...

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/3-white-men-2-white-women-picked-for-bill-cosby-jury-so-far/

BBM
I absolutely despise the race card, it has no place in this case whatsoever. Shame on him.
This case is not about racism, it's about his rape, sexism, disrespect, hatred, and plain disregard against all women.

He murdered their trust, dignity and their souls.

Where is his shame and remorse...in between his legs and his ears.

He needs his third leg and 2 ding-a-lings hacked off too.

I could go on but I don't want to get banned over this low down dirrrty creep.

:loveyou:Hi..niner,.I.will.try.!!..puter.problems..I..miss.all..you..guys!!!..say.Hi..!!

05/25/2017

2 blacks on Cosby case of 12; alternates picked

PITTSBURGH (AP) — The Latest on jury selection in Bill Cosby’s sex assault case (all times local)

All 12 jurors and six alternates have been chosen for the Pennsylvania jury that will hear Bill Cosby’s sexual assault trial.

Two blacks are among the 12 people on the jury. The panel includes seven men and five women.

Five men and one woman will fill in as alternate jurors if needed.

Leaving the Pittsburgh courthouse Wednesday evening, Cosby thanked local residents and fans.

He goes on trial June 5 in suburban Philadelphia on charges he drugged and molested a woman in 2004...

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/2-blacks-on-cosby-case-of-12-alternates-picked/

Jun 2 2017, 6:04 am ET

Cosby’s Accusers Say Trial is ‘Moment We’ve Been Waiting for’

by Hannah Rappleye and Tracy Connor

Victoria Valentino and Therese Serignese booked a $63-a-night Airbnb five minutes from the courthouse and ordered buttons emblazoned with a gladiola and these words: "We Stand in Truth."

When Bill Cosby's trial opens Monday in the suburbs of Philadelphia, they plan to be there — either in the packed courtroom or standing before the cameras outside if they cannot get seats.

"I think it's just important for us to show our faces," said Valentino, 74, a former Playmate who claims Cosby drugged and raped her in Los Angeles in 1969.

"I said, 'This is the moment we've been waiting for and by hook or by crook, I am going.'" ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bi...s-say-trial-moment-we-ve-been-waiting-n766871

Jun 3 2017, 8:57 am ET

Cosby Case: Pretrial Rulings Decided What Jury Will and Won’t Hear

by Tracy Connor

Bill Cosby will be in the fight of his life when his sexual-assault trial opens Monday, but some crucial battles have already been waged in a series of hearings that determined what evidence jurors will hear — and what they will not.

In broad strokes, the judge admitted documents and testimony that are focused on the 2004 encounter between Cosby and accuser Andrea Constand, while he banned much of the evidence that related to Cosby's sexual contacts with other women, with some important exceptions...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bi...-rulings-decided-what-jury-will-won-t-n758011

Late in life, sex assault trial caps Cosby's life and legacy

By MARYCLAIRE DALE, AP / 1:04 pm ET Sun Jun 04, 2017

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Bill Cosby doesn't plan to testify when he goes on trial Monday on sexual assault charges, but the rambling, remarkable testimony he gave a decade ago in the accuser's lawsuit could still prove pivotal.

The deposition from a decade-old sexual battery lawsuit, unsealed by a judge in 2015 at the request of The Associated Press, showed the once-beloved comedian's dark side.

Cosby, a champion of family life after a 50-year marriage and five children, detailed his practice of inviting young actresses, models, flight attendants and waitresses to meetings that often featured pills and alcohol — and turned sexual. He called some of them mere "liaisons." ...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/news...--Bill-Cosby-acf7?cid=featuredent_media_cosby

Jun 5 2017, 7:21 am ET

Bill Cosby Arrives for First Day of Sexual Assault Trial

by Tracy Connor, Hannah Rappleye and Stephanie Gosk

NORRISTOWN, Pa. — As Bill Cosby's sexual assault trial opened Monday, there was a reminder of his former reputation as "America's Dad" — the actress who played his youngest daughter on TV.

Keshia Knight Pulliam, 38, who played Rudy Huxtable on "The Cosby Show," accompanied the comedian into the Montgomery County courthouse, where he stands accused of drugging and molesting a woman at his home in 2004...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bi...al-supporters-accusers-expected-day-1-n767866

Jun 5 2017, 1:15 pm ET

Bill Cosby Sex Assault Trial: Prosecutor Says Comic Exploited ‘Power,’ ‘Fame’

by Tracy Connor

NORRISTOWN, Pa. — Bill Cosby's trial opened Monday with a prosecutor portraying the comedian as a man who used fame and drugs to sexually assault women and his lawyer branding accuser Andrea Constand a liar.

"Trust. Betrayal. And an inability to consent. That's what this case is about, ladies and gentlemen," Montgomery County Assistant District Attorney Kristen Feden told the Pennsylvania jury of seven men and five women, her voice dripping with contempt at times.

"This is a case about a man -- this man -- who used his power and his fame and his previously practiced method of placing a young trusting woman in an incapacitated state so he could sexually pleasure herself, so she couldn't say no," Feden said...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bi...prosecutor-says-comic-exploited-power-n768226

In my opinion, Cosby walking in with the actress who played Rudy is a desperate act and looks shameful to me.

Nothing against the actress at all. It just looks ridiculous to me. It looks as if this actress is being used. That would be shameful. But then Cosby doesn't seem to understand shame at all.

Had all of the actors from the Cosby show walked in and supported him - it would have looked more supportive for him.

If he had walked in with an adult woman who was an adult when these incidents occurred and who still supports him - this would be more of a boost for his case. Perhaps none were available when he asked them?

After all, the alleged victims were adult women. The actress who played Rudy was a child at the time and walking in with her to his trial for sexual assault just looks exploitative to me.

Jun 5 2017, 1:15 pm ET

Bill Cosby Sex Assault Trial: Prosecutor Says Comic Exploited ‘Power,’ ‘Fame’

by Tracy Connor

NORRISTOWN, Pa. — Bill Cosby's trial opened Monday with a prosecutor portraying the comedian as a man who used fame and drugs to sexually assault women and his lawyer branding accuser Andrea Constand a liar.

"Trust. Betrayal. And an inability to consent. That's what this case is about, ladies and gentlemen," Montgomery County Assistant District Attorney Kristen Feden told the Pennsylvania jury of seven men and five women, her voice dripping with contempt at times.

"This is a case about a man -- this man -- who used his power and his fame and his previously practiced method of placing a young trusting woman in an incapacitated state so he could sexually pleasure herself, so she couldn't say no," Feden said...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bi...prosecutor-says-comic-exploited-power-n768226

I'm glad Cosby is on trial. I think powerful men have gotten away with similar crimes. If Cosby is convicted, I hope we see more victims of other celebrities coming forward.

Wondering is there is tweet reporting from the courtroom. Will check it out.

From above link:

"Kelly Johnson, the first witness for the prosecution in the criminal trial against Bill Cosby for sexual assault against Andrea Constand, broke down and wept as she recalled an alleged assault by Cosby at the Bel Air hotel in 1996."

"The former William Morris assistant recalled how Cosby had invited her for lunch but how it quickly transpired that the lunch which she had assumed would be at the hotel was in a bungalow he had reserved."

"She recalled that he answered the door dressed in a bathrobe and slippers.
He tried to get her to drink wine but she described herself as ‘not much of a drinker.’

"As she described her increasing discomfort her voice trembled and she clutched a tissue as she related how he told her ‘You look like you need to relax.’

"Mining her memory she said ‘He held his hand like this, ‘she clenched her first before her. ‘He opened his hand and there was a big white pill in his palm.’

"Under extreme duress Johnson said she decided to feign taking it, intending to hide it under her tongue and spit it out in the bathroom."

"But when she pretended to swallow it with water he offered her wine and said: ‘Open your mouth. Lift up your tongue. And I did and there it was.’

"She then swallowed."

"Soon, she said she felt ‘underwater.’

Wondering is there is tweet reporting from the courtroom. Will check it out.

Edit post here is the link explaining no video, pictures or tweets....there are other media reports this is an easy one to read

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/why-you-cant-watch-the-bill-cosby-sexual-assault-trial-live/

"Pennsylvania, where judges can prohibit broadcasts inside and next to the courtroom. Even photographs can theoretically be forbidden.

Judges Thomas DeRicci and Steven O’Neill pointed out that even tweets are prohibited inside the courthouse. Officials are keeping an eye on online activity, so anyone caught breaking the rule might get a fine, or even thrown behind bars in summary incarceration. Reporters can’t even step outside briefly to update social media followers because people who leave won’t be allowed back in."

"The comedian faces one count of aggravated indecent assault. If convicted, he could spend up to 10 years in prison.

He has denied all allegations."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member