Bill Cosby charged w/aggravated Sexual Assault/other Rape Allegations *conviction vacated* *civil trial 2022 guilty* #6

I didn't copy that correctly in my reply - sorry - so a possibility that they take him straight into custody?

Oh I hope! And put him on suicide watch.

Victims speaking on CNN right now. Very emotional.

I didn't copy that correctly in my reply - sorry - so a possibility that they take him straight into custody?

Oh I hope! And put him on suicide watch.

No. He is headed home.

I hope this brings some peace of mind to the women he victimized. His MO was not that uncommon for date rape back in the 60's and 70's. Growing up, we girls were cautioned not to accept any kind of pill from a man in that situation. Back in those days, though, no one was going to listen to a victim or would tell them to "keep quiet". I can see where many of them felt intimidated, so kudos to those who chose to report him instead.

Such a classy guy.

From many accounts over the years, he's showing his true personality.

I loved him when I was a kid, he seemed to understand kids so well. Sorry that celebrities (and politicians) aren't always what they seem.

ETA: To be frank, how many women here found themselves in nearly the same situation in the past? I have (many years ago, of course). I followed my gut instincts and removed myself from the situation, thank goodness. There but for the grace of God, etc.

Why do I have a sinking feeling that he will never see prison? A heart attack; suicide? I wish they were taking him straight into custody.

Or worse, at least to me, he wins on appeal.

What happens after sentencing is still to be decided, if I understand correctly. Hopefully he'll be locked up during the appeals.

:happydance::jail::great::dance::clap: Finally!!!

Amazing, I was sure he could afford enough lawyers to keep stalling until he's dead.

Dear Donjeta,

I wondered about that too. Justice was served today to someone who thought he was above any law.

Thank you Jurors!

I think its time for a celebratory beer.....:needdrink:

Camille better wake up and get a divorce, or she's going to be left with nothing.

Cosby free on $1 million dollar bond. Leaving courthouse now per HLN.

ETA: posted 10% of bond. Per HLN

Raised his arm in some kind of "salute"..

CNN covering statement by BC's team...

ETA: Looked like someone threw a wad of paper or something in his general direction. They're out of there...

From many accounts over the years, he's showing his true personality.

I loved him when I was a kid, he seemed to understand kids so well. Sorry that celebrities (and politicians) aren't always what they seem.

ETA: To be frank, how many women here found themselves in nearly the same situation in the past? I have (many years ago, of course). I followed my gut instincts and removed myself from the situation, thank goodness. There but for the grace of God, etc.

This just makes me sad. I used to love watching him. I just do not understand people.

from the article Spellz's posted.

Montgomery County District Attorney Kevin R. Steele asked that Mr. Cosby’s $1 million bail be revoked, suggesting he had been convicted of a serious crime, owned a plane and could flee, prompting an angry outburst from Mr. Cosby, who shouted, “He doesn’t have a plane, you *******.”
“Enough of that,” said Judge O’Neill who said he did not view Mr. Cosby as a flight risk and said he could be released on bail, but would have to surrender his passport and remain in his nearby home.

I haven't seen a date for formal sentencing - ?? anyone?

What happens after sentencing is still to be decided, if I understand correctly. Hopefully he'll be locked up during the appeals.

I would not be surprised if he offed himself.

from the article Spellz's posted.

Montgomery County District Attorney Kevin R. Steele asked that Mr. Cosby’s $1 million bail be revoked, suggesting he had been convicted of a serious crime, owned a plane and could flee, prompting an angry outburst from Mr. Cosby, who shouted, “He doesn’t have a plane, you *******.”
“Enough of that,” said Judge O’Neill who said he did not view Mr. Cosby as a flight risk and said he could be released on bail, but would have to surrender his passport and remain in his nearby home.

I haven't seen a date for formal sentencing - ?? anyone?

I can't find it either.

There will be an appeal - no jail time until that's done - as long from now as the attorneys can do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back