bill stanton~independent investigator hired by anonymous man and woman benefactors

Color me confused. Are there three threads?

Yes, I know who she is, but was trying to figure out where the connection came in since some people were saying at one time that the benefactor was a wealthy relative of DB. Now I see what the ML connection is.

I like this thread. It's fresh and new!

ETA: Wait--I posted this in the WRONG THREAD! Clearly, either three threads are too many or my brain went missing!

:ufo:

I bumped this one b/c when I searched I thought this was about the benefactor, not about Bill Stanton.

Then I started a new thread so we wouldn't go all OT on this thread about the benefactor.

On the Qverity website Bill proclaims himself to be a "decorated" ex-cop (NYPD).

"Bill Stanton is a recognized expert in the field of safety and security, the outcome of a stellar 25-year career in law enforcement and private security. Bill began his career as a decorated NYPD officer, and subsequently moved to the private sector, where he specialized in executive protection and investigations."

Not so much. He was still a rookie when he injured himself, and ended his career as a cop, in a Rambo moment...

"Landing in debris on the tracks, Stanton severed the tendon and some nerves in his right hand. The injury required several surgeries, and then almost a year of physical therapy. But in the end, he was still unable to produce the sixteen pounds of pressure required to pull the double-action trigger on a .38, the NYPD's standard-issue weapon back then. As a result, Bill Stanton's career as a cop was over."

The rest of the above incident is so well worth the read.... The Not So Private Eye

"But he was always a dreamer. We'd park sometimes when there was a lull, and he'd talk about being a star. Not an actor necessarily, but some kind of celebrity, something in that life."

Oh GAG me! That article just furthered my negative opinion on this man (which wasn't so great in the first place).

On the Qverity website Bill proclaims himself to be a "decorated" ex-cop (NYPD).

"Bill Stanton is a recognized expert in the field of safety and security, the outcome of a stellar 25-year career in law enforcement and private security. Bill began his career as a decorated NYPD officer, and subsequently moved to the private sector, where he specialized in executive protection and investigations."

Not so much. He was still a rookie when he injured himself, and ended his career as a cop, in a Rambo moment...

"Landing in debris on the tracks, Stanton severed the tendon and some nerves in his right hand. The injury required several surgeries, and then almost a year of physical therapy. But in the end, he was still unable to produce the sixteen pounds of pressure required to pull the double-action trigger on a .38, the NYPD's standard-issue weapon back then. As a result, Bill Stanton's career as a cop was over."

The rest of the above incident is so well worth the read.... The Not So Private Eye

"But he was always a dreamer. We'd park sometimes when there was a lull, and he'd talk about being a star. Not an actor necessarily, but some kind of celebrity, something in that life."

BBM, That is really sad. Not that I favor a .38, but to not be able to shoot one? If he does private security what does he carry? What kind of security is he involved in? Has his hand completely healed since then?

I like this thread. It's fresh and new!

ETA: Wait--I posted this in the WRONG THREAD! Clearly, either three threads are too many or my brain went missing!

:ufo:

BBM

You may just have a promising future as a private investigator, Minette. :innocent:

BBM, That is really sad. Not that I favor a .38, but to not be able to shoot one? If he does private security what does he carry? What kind of security is he involved in? Has his hand completely healed since then?

Unless Megyn Kelly gets out of line, I don't really see that he has any need for one :)

PLEASE THANK THIS POST BEFORE POSTING

The Lisa Irwin forum appears to be made up of cliques. You know, the type you have in high school before you begin to understand that there are a lot of interesting people and places in the world and your fear of such limits the personal boundaries you set for yourself. The disrespect between the two cliques is tiresome.

That being said, we need another review of the rules (which is really just a curtesy as everyone should know them or how to find and read them by now): This is NOT hard. Post YOUR thoughts, theories and interpretations (easy enough right?). Read the thoughts of others (not hard). Respond to those that may be of a like mind (okay, that should work). If you disagree with another poster and cannot post nicely, MOVE PAST THEIR POST (how hard is that?) If another poster gets under your skin, PUT THEM ON IGNORE (only takes about a minute). If you must refute their post - then use a link and state the fact as YOU see it (you all know this case, it can't be that hard). THEN DROP IT! That's it. See, not hard. If a post offends you, ALERT it, DO NOT RESPOND TO IT, and MOVE ON. It is okay to disagree, but it is NOT OKAY to attack or make fun of others. AND THE SNARK...well, that needs to just STOP.

It is our hope this gets the message across. There are many good posters here and no matter what opinion we may hold on who we feel is responsible we all are here for Lisa Irwin and want her to come home safely and soon.

Thanks so much,

The Lisa Irwin forum moderators

Is there any word about the upcoming press conference BS promised to discuss the promising new leads in Lisa's disappearance, back in February?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/47704...ssing-child-posters-really-work/#.UAeIIZFlPPQ

6/7/12 Bill Stanton on the Today show Rossen Report, video @ link.

We set up an experiment in Mamaroneck, N.Y. Working with police, we printed fake "missing" posters and hung them everywhere from trees to lampposts, even inside Boiano Bakery, a local hot spot we wired with hidden cameras. We even put a camera inside the poster, right at the register.

Here's the good news: Alyssa wasn't really missing. She's an actress who was working with us. We had her walk into the bakery with a strange man holding her by the arm. He was working with us too: Bill Stanton, a security expert.

Is Tacopina still on the parents' team? I was doing some searching, and I can only find mention of Picerno in the anniversary articles...

Is Tacopina still on the parents' team? I was doing some searching, and I can only find mention of Picerno in the anniversary articles...

I'm not sure if he is. I only heard John Picerno and Bill Stanton speak publicly recently about being on this case. I've heard nothing publicly or officially about him resigning from this case either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back