Billie texts Clint about trading custody for house

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO Clint is not obligated to pay CS on DD since he is not his biological son and has not adopted DD (though some judges may feel different, if he supported DD from an early age). Hailey is missing, so he wouldn't have to pay support. IMHO, he wouldn't pay support on DD now because his is in CPS custody.

So exactly what does BJD want???

:waitasec:

I don't know if Clint is legally obligated to pay CS for DD, but if he is, he still has to pay child support even if the child is in CPS's custody. Both parents have to pay support if the child is in custody of the state. Again, I don't know what the arrangement is with DD and CD due to the bio issue. Parents DO (in my state anyway) have to pay support when CPS has custody of their child/ren unless their rights are terminated.

It has been stated repeatedly by LE that H's disappearance is a criminal investigation. We also know that Clint is NOT, repeat-is not a person of interest in the disappearance of his daughter. IMO, a "custody dispute" has nothing to do with H's disappearance. Nada. Zilch. A caring concerned family member or friend did not tuck H away for safe keeping, figuring she will resurface at some later point in time, or they will bring her forward once the heat is off. Nope.

That all depends on where HD is if she is alive.

I think a stranger being involved is unlikely in this case, so that means whatever happened involved friends and/or family. If she is alive then her dissappearance is very likely directly related to the custody dispute in some way, and whoever is responsible will probably find themselves in jail.

If she is alive and is not found by LE (they don't appear to be looking, so that isn't likely) then IMO she will show up one day and refuse to say where she has been. Maybe when she is 18.

bbm

I don't believe Hailey is missing due to a "custody dispute" - in the sense that she is being hidden by the noncustodial parent or by someone assisting the noncustodial parent.

It's been reported by a few family members that Hailey expressed a desire to live with her dad (which I believe to be true), but I don't think that would necessarily qualify as a "custody dispute", in a legal sense.

IMO, if there had been an official "custody dispute" between the parents, I think LE would have been all over it, and would have scrutinized the non-custodial parent as they typically do in missing child cases when there have been court motions regarding divorce & custody. We haven't seen that in this case.

Since LE has not named the noncustodial parent a POI or a suspect in this case, I think it's more than safe to say this is not about a custody dispute, nor do I believe that anyone is hiding Hailey from the custodial parent, in an attempt to gain custody.

http://am.kbst.com/page.php?34

I'm not sure how to copy and paste from that (the 10% rule), as only a small part is about Hailey, but they say they were told the text was sent Monday afternoon about the house in exchange for the kids, they also state things are being ramped up in 3 counties..
If this should be combined with another thread.. please do so :)

I'm confused!! What is this about things being ramped up in 3 counties? What is that about?

I don't know. They took her back after they discovered she was practicing for months without a valid nursing license. That is a very serious violation.

True enough, but TECHNICALLY, they should have been notified by the Board that her license had lapsed, and were not. Instead, they received a letter stating that her license had been renewed. Apparently said letter was prepared and sent after Billie wrote the check, and before it was returned for NSF. The Board never followed up with a letter explaining that, although it was a technicality, her license was suspended until the financial matter could be resolved.

Of course they know she was wrong to practice with an expired license, but nobody told them her license was expired until much later. They must realize that they could have been held liable for anything that might have gone wrong while she practiced with a lapsed license, but that relies upon the Board furnishing the information to the hospital, which apparently never happened.

As a result, they may have been more likely to believe her when she said SHE was not notified that there was a problem either. Not saying she wasn't notified, just that she may have told them that she wasn't (surely the bank would have notified her, even if the board did not), and they might have been inclined to believe it as they were not notified either.

That all depends on where HD is if she is alive.

I think a stranger being involved is unlikely in this case, so that means whatever happened involved friends and/or family. If she is alive then her dissappearance is very likely directly related to the custody dispute in some way, and whoever is responsible will probably find themselves in jail.

If she is alive and is not found by LE (they don't appear to be looking, so that isn't likely) then IMO she will show up one day and refuse to say where she has been. Maybe when she is 18.

Above BBM.. Who In Your Opinion would it possibly be that is "responsible for Hailey's disappearance that will most likely find themselves in jail"? Who is it that has Hailey or is housing Hailey that In Your Opinion "she will show up and refuse to say where she has been" once she is 18yoa?

This is something that is out of the norm from what is discussed as actual possibilities.. so have been curious to know who it is that is continually referred to as IYO the person "responsible for her disappearance that will find themselves in jail"??

TIA..

I'm still curious about how BD and Clint got the house paid off so quickly since it usually takes at least 20 years. She claims he never worked, and was a nurse at one time, so maybe they made larger payments? It seems awfully quick a pay off for even a low priced home, unless they assumed a loan, but where did they get a big chuck of money to pay down.

Didn't he sell a house in the 1100 block about 3 years ago? Maybe they dumped that money on the principal?

original link:

KBST NEWS LEARNED LATE MONDAY AFTERNOON BILLIE DUNN SENT CLINT DUNN A TEXT MESSAGE OFFERING HIM FULL CUSTODY OF HAILEY AND DAVID DUNN IF HE AGREED TO SIGN OVER HIS HALF OF THE HOUSE LOACTED AT 1800 CHESTNUT STREET.

Note: I believe the media meant to say "in the 1800 block of Chestnut Street - since the actual address is 1804).

Mel

The article is also dated "Monday March 24" (Monday was March 21; Thursday was March 24) and says Hailey was last seen on December 28, when she was actually last seen on December 27th (or even 26th). I think it is just sloppy reporting.

...snip...

And then about the house being paid off.. A house that's worth 30,000 and they bought it in 2001 that's 10 yrs to pay it off at $3,000 per year which breaks down to a payment of a measly $250 a month and the house would be paid off..So IMO there is no issue of how was this house paid off? I would seriously be questioning HOW COULD THIS HOUSE NOT BE PAID OFF?

And speaking of that didn't someone mention that there was indeed a balance on the house? I certainly would like to hear how thats explained??

TIA to anyone who remembers off hand if/why there was a balance to be paid on the 1804 Chestnut residence..;)

Your $250 estimated payment would be paying off principal only. Add in interest, insurance, and escrow for taxes, and the payment would be more like $500 or more depending on the interest rate.

The balance due on the home last time it was reported here was under $900. That may have represented a tax bill or insurance premium no longer taken care of by escrow since the note is paid.

I'm not sure how to copy and paste from that (the 10% rule), as only a small part is about Hailey, but they say they were told the text was sent Monday afternoon about the house in exchange for the kids, they also state things are being ramped up in 3 counties..
If this should be combined with another thread.. please do so :)

That all depends on how you read the article. Does it say:

"KBST NEWS LEARNED LATE MONDAY AFTERNOON..."

or

"...LATE MONDAY AFTERNOON BILLIE DUNN SENT CLINT DUNN A TEXT MESSAGE..."

True enough, but TECHNICALLY, they should have been notified by the Board that her license had lapsed, and were not. Instead, they received a letter stating that her license had been renewed. Apparently said letter was prepared and sent after Billie wrote the check, and before it was returned for NSF. The Board never followed up with a letter explaining that, although it was a technicality, her license was suspended until the financial matter could be resolved.

Of course they know she was wrong to practice with an expired license, but nobody told them her license was expired until much later. They must realize that they could have been held liable for anything that might have gone wrong while she practiced with a lapsed license, but that relies upon the Board furnishing the information to the hospital, which apparently never happened.

As a result, they may have been more likely to believe her when she said SHE was not notified that there was a problem either. Not saying she wasn't notified, just that she may have told them that she wasn't (surely the bank would have notified her, even if the board did not), and they might have been inclined to believe it as they were not notified either.

I don’t disagree. My point is just that this particular hospital has been very forgiving of Billie in the past. I don’t personally think they should keep her employed for a myriad of reasons. I am just not convinced they have fired her. I would love to know one way or the other.

Your $250 estimated payment would be paying off principal only. Add in interest, insurance, and escrow for taxes, and the payment would be more like $500 or more depending on the interest rate.

The balance due on the home last time it was reported here was under $900. That may have represented a tax bill or insurance premium no longer taken care of by escrow since the note is paid.

Yes I realize that my math was showing the basics without the norms added in.. My point was only that no matter what this is a dirt cheap house with rather dirt cheap payments..There is no way in he!! you could find a rat trap 1bedroom apt in my town for the payment would have been monthly on that home{and thats with all the "norms" added in}..

So, we don't know where the almost $900 balance comes from..interesting..can someone tell me where it is that they found this balance and/or where I too could search to find the records showing that the home was paid off.. Cuz I'm getting rather confuzzled with what we know and what is just being assumed{i.e. the home even being paid off for a fact}

original link:

KBST NEWS LEARNED LATE MONDAY AFTERNOON BILLIE DUNN SENT CLINT DUNN A TEXT MESSAGE OFFERING HIM FULL CUSTODY OF HAILEY AND DAVID DUNN IF HE AGREED TO SIGN OVER HIS HALF OF THE HOUSE LOACTED AT 1800 CHESTNUT STREET.

Note: I believe the media meant to say "in the 1800 block of Chestnut Street - since the actual address is 1804).

Mel

That is when they 'learned' it, not necessarily when the text was sent. I was asking when the actual text was sent. tia

Yes I realize that my math was showing the basics without the norms added in.. My point was only that no matter what this is a dirt cheap house with rather dirt cheap payments..There is no way in he!! you could find a rat trap 1bedroom apt in my town for the payment would have been monthly on that home{and thats with all the "norms" added in}..

So, we don't know where the almost $900 balance comes from..interesting..can someone tell me where it is that they found this balance and/or where I too could search to find the records showing that the home was paid off.. Cuz I'm getting rather confuzzled with what we know and what is just being assumed{i.e. the home even being paid off for a fact}

I think the $900 comes from the yearly tax on the property, tax is listed at $808 on the property information lookup. I'm providing a link to the property info but keep in mind nothing is verified, it's just general information and a full title search would need done for verification.

I don't see a mortgage but it doesn't mean some type of loan does not exist. A lein search would need done also.

The way I see it, the property is a 50/50 split at the moment. Each entitled to 50% of the property. That can also cause problems down the road since everything's "in the air" so to speak. Right now it looks like transferring one half or the other could be done by executing a "quit claim deed."

So it would behove CD to do what's needed to take care of business, divorce, custody, asking the court for possession of the house to raise his children. etc.. JMO

Here's a link to the property info, if it dosen't work please say so.

Cheers

http://www.melissadata.com/Lookups/property.asp?afid=sbug&address=1804+Chestnut+St&zip=79512

true, Billie "claims" that Clint Never worked and that she, alone was the sole provider{and why Do I now have Michael Bolton song in my head?..lol}anyway yes, these were Billie's claims.. But now we have a credible person telling us very different..Richy says that Clint has been successful for years as a Landscaper, even owning all of his own equipment{which that alone makes a world of difference vs. working for someone who owns their own equipment}.. He says that he is very efficient in handling the landscaping, as well as the personal customer service to each and every customer..making sure they are extremely satisfied with the job done and the time that it was finished in..

As I know first hand from a family friend who owns their own landscaping business{and we all know someone who "owns their own landscaping business"..some are wastes of money that never add up to anything while others can become extremely successful in biz..especially when you get into commercial landscaping}..but the family friend owns his own equipment and now is at a stage where he only handles customer service and has paid workers under him that actually do the landscaping{and even those guys are making a decent living}.. But they all will tell you it is definitely seasonal.. Some plan much better than others and therefor spread the earning out over the entire year where as some do not and therefor they are antsy to get back to work this time of year so they can get the income rolling back in..

So, I definitely believe what Richy is saying about Clint's work.. And as he said its getting to be close to that time when Clint would be starting back with his Landscaping work.. So, as usual what Billie says and claims to be true we once again find out is not the truth{SURPRIZE! SURPRIZE!}..

And then about the house being paid off.. A house that's worth 30,000 and they bought it in 2001 that's 10 yrs to pay it off at $3,000 per year which breaks down to a payment of a measly $250 a month and the house would be paid off..So IMO there is no issue of how was this house paid off? I would seriously be questioning HOW COULD THIS HOUSE NOT BE PAID OFF?

And speaking of that didn't someone mention that there was indeed a balance on the house? I certainly would like to hear how thats explained??

TIA to anyone who remembers off hand if/why there was a balance to be paid on the 1804 Chestnut residence..;)
I'm not sure where the $30,000 came in, but if that's an appraised value, it's highly doubtful that they paid anywhere near that. In less than 10 years, our house appraised for over double what we had paid for it. This is done in Texas, sometimes to the point of ridiculousness, to get more tax money. We offered to sell ours for less than the appraisal, to the tax people, but of course they weren't interested. MOO.

I think Clint has had it with BD. The only way the press would know of this text is if he had told them.

Not that there wasn't plentiful reason enough already, but Hailey's mother having a relationship with the only suspect in this case and then lying straight to LE's face in an effort to protect SA may have pushed CD over the edge. I hope Clint won't be doing BD any favors such as giving her a house in exchange for nothing.

BBM: I have a very close family member who met his wife when she was pregnant. He knew very well, 100%, that the baby was not his, but he agreed to sign the birth certificate. He just wanted to do the right thing in his mind, because he loved her so much (they ended up divorcing many years later). So, he is listed as the legal father, but everyone knows he is not the "real dad," so to speak.

I was thinking that might have been the case here, but wasn't there some kerfluffle about legally changing DD's name or something? I'm still really unclear about the situation there...

DD's father's name is on his birth record. Clint said he never adopted DD, although he wanted to. DD goes by his birth name, not Clint's. The Colorado City Record (newspaper) lists him under his birth name when announcing his sports accomplishments.

I'd say I'm shocked that BJD is willing to trade her children, including her missing daughter, for a house, but sadly, I'm not at all shocked. After seeing her other actions, this sounds about right. :shakehead:

If in fact the alledged text is not just a rumor, I have to ask...WHY NOW? What has compelled BD to even think about pitching this crazy custody/house deal to Clint?
:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

I am not sure if this was discussed already...But, the only rational thought I can come up with is Billie needs the house as collateral, as security pledged for the payment of her legal fees, now that she has retained an Attorney? Really, this is the only sane reason why she could make this ill-timed deal with Clint. (But then again... BD rational? or sane? Just sayin...)

Absolutely CRAZY timing on BD part, to say the least!!! :banghead:

JMO

If in fact the alledged text is not just a rumor, I have to ask...WHY NOW? What has compelled BD to even think about pitching this crazy custody/house deal to Clint?
:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

I am not sure if this was discussed already...But, the only rational thought I can come up with is Billie needs the house as collateral, as security pledged for the payment of her legal fees, now that she has retained an Attorney? Really, this is the only sane reason why she could make this ill-timed deal with Clint. (But then again... BD rational? or sane? Just sayin...)

Absolutely CRAZY timing on BD part, to say the least!!! :banghead:

JMO

I actualy thought it would make sence for Billie to put the house in DD name to protect it from being taken. Of course you could be right but I think it would be just as logical to think she thought she could protect it from any possible judgements in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288