Billie texts Clint about trading custody for house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of the reason for wanting the house, it could be legal fees, collateral for bond, maybe she owes someone some big money and needs to find a way to pay it off. But, since when is it legal to barter children for real property? Maybe she knows she isn't ever going to have custody of either child again.

I've never seen anything so telling, so very cold and unfeeling in my life.

I am sorry but this sounds like she is trying to sell the children. JMO not trying to be snarky. It is really sad.

Right, I think Billie is going to need a whole of $$$$ for her trial. But, this brings the case of missing Hailey to a whole new level. <sic>

I think Clint has had it with BD. The only way the press would know of this text is if he had told them.

Not that there wasn't plentiful reason enough already, but Hailey's mother having a relationship with the only suspect in this case and then lying straight to LE's face in an effort to protect SA may have pushed CD over the edge. I hope Clint won't be doing BD any favors such as giving her a house in exchange for nothing.

Agreed. Clint will get full custody anyhow. Has SA been put in jail yet?

I think the $900 comes from the yearly tax on the property, tax is listed at $808 on the property information lookup. I'm providing a link to the property info but keep in mind nothing is verified, it's just general information and a full title search would need done for verification.

I don't see a mortgage but it doesn't mean some type of loan does not exist. A lein search would need done also.

The way I see it, the property is a 50/50 split at the moment. Each entitled to 50% of the property. That can also cause problems down the road since everything's "in the air" so to speak. Right now it looks like transferring one half or the other could be done by executing a "quit claim deed."

So it would behove CD to do what's needed to take care of business, divorce, custody, asking the court for possession of the house to raise his children. etc.. JMO

Here's a link to the property info, if it dosen't work please say so.

Cheers

http://www.melissadata.com/Lookups/property.asp?afid=sbug&address=1804+Chestnut+St&zip=79512

I am currently studying to get my real estate license -- even though I live in Canada, the real estate markets are similar. The $30,000 value put on that house may be the portioned assessed value which is a percentage of the assessed value (in Canada, it may actually be 40 or 45% of the assessed value.) Taxes are based on the portioned assessed value, not assessed value. Also, I plugged my brother's house into that database (his is in NY and worth approx. $400,000) and it says his house is assessed at $1,110.00! Thus-- I would not consider the information gathered at this site to be totally accurate.

I think Clint has had it with BD. The only way the press would know of this text is if he had told them.

Not that there wasn't plentiful reason enough already, but Hailey's mother having a relationship with the only suspect in this case and then lying straight to LE's face in an effort to protect SA may have pushed CD over the edge. I hope Clint won't be doing BD any favors such as giving her a house in exchange for nothing.

If the "source" was Clint, I don't understand why his brother in law would say the report was not from a credible/reliable source...

I'd say I'm shocked that BJD is willing to trade her children, including her missing daughter, for a house, but sadly, I'm not at all shocked. After seeing her other actions, this sounds about right. :shakehead:

Wasn't the whole reason Billie stayed in the house was because she essentially had custody of Hailey and David?

I can't say I'm surprised either Zoe, and yet, I just cannot get over what this means for her son.

After all this kid has been through - being forced to live with SA, losing his sister, his home, the doubts about his mother, the stories in the press and at school, and now to learn that not only is his mother willing to sign him away, but she's in essence leaving him without a home. As far as I know, Clint is still living with his mother, and struggling to provide for Naomi and the two little ones. He can't even give David a roof over his head right now.

These are hardly the actions of a "wonderful mother". Selfish doesn't even scratch the surface.

I am currently studying to get my real estate license -- even though I live in Canada, the real estate markets are similar. The $30,000 value put on that house may be the portioned assessed value which is a percentage of the assessed value (in Canada, it may actually be 40 or 45% of the assessed value.) Taxes are based on the portioned assessed value, not assessed value. Also, I plugged my brother's house into that database (his is in NY and worth approx. $400,000) and it says his house is assessed at $1,110.00! Thus-- I would not consider the information gathered at this site to be totally accurate.

I would guess the $30,000 to be pretty accurate based on a comparable listing nearby....perhaps even a bit high depending on the condition of the home at this time, broken windows and all considered.

http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...olorado-City_TX_79512_M76716-78448?source=web

I just don't understand how BJD could do this legally.

Thanks,

Mel

ETA: does anyone think it odd that you would even broach the subject of children in exchange for a home in a TEXT MESSAGE? That goes way beyond my logic of thinking ;)

Hehe he I <3 you Mel! Thats so true. ESPECIALLY when one of the kids we are talking about is missing and the SO of BJD is a Child sexual abuse HOARDER! Seems kinda loopy indeed. "hey i know hailey is missing and my bf is a pedorast but you can have the kids if i can have the house." WTF

The house was built in 1942 (1,478 livable square feet) with a valuation of $28,670.00 for the structure and the land valuation being $3,000.00 and was purchased 11/19/01 by Clinton and Billie Dunn. $31,670 is the taxable value on this house.

Having lived in C City and paid taxes, their property appraisers appraise the property about every 2 to 3 years.

IMO BD has no real bargaining power period. To even ask this of CD (if in fact, true) is obsurd. DD is not CD bio child. CPS nor the courts would give him custody without adoption. HD is missing. What does she have to bargain with? She's just trying to cover herself, never thinking about what is best for HD, DD and CD. This, if true, says so much to me about her character.

JMO and MOO only and all that jazz! :)

The house was built in 1942 (1,478 livable square feet) with a valuation of $28,670.00 for the structure and the land valuation being $3,000.00 and was purchased 11/19/01 by Clinton and Billie Dunn. $31,670 is the taxable value on this house.

Having lived in C City and paid taxes, their property appraisers appraise the property about every 2 to 3 years.

IMO BD has no real bargaining power period. To even ask this of CD (if in fact, true) is obsurd. DD is not CD bio child. CPS nor the courts would give him custody without adoption. HD is missing. What does she have to bargain with? She's just trying to cover herself, never thinking about what is best for HD, DD and CD. This, if true, says so much to me about her character.

OMG! This house is worth nothing! Thats crazy.

Billie has tried her best to present to the public this "perfect image" of a mom, girlfriend, friend, etc. If this latest information is true it really shows us the true Billie. A person can only wear a mask for so long before that mask slips and the truth shines through. Folks, meet the real Billie!

BBM

That's not exactly true, or at least it's not in Florida. My son got custody of his girlfriend's child through DCF/courts. He had not adopted the child, nor did he plan to, and it was always known the child was not biologically his.

That is when they 'learned' it, not necessarily when the text was sent. I was asking when the actual text was sent. tia

That, my friend, is the million dollar question. I really don't know ;)

Hugs,

Mel

No need for Clint to make any sort of deal with Billie!!!! It would be in Clint's best interest to legally initiate a divorce from Billie ASAP and petition for custody of Hailey alledging neglect on Billie's part because Hailey is missing! Add the SA factor and the suspicion of CP...Billie doesn't have a chance in HE** to be awarded custody!

Additionally, Clint should request immediate possession of the marital home given this is where he will live with Hailey in the event she returns. Clint could potentially cut Billie out completely from receiving custody or rights to the house!

Please...there has to be a willing Family Law attorney in the great state of Texas willing to go to bat for Clint pro bono on this. :banghead:

JMHO

If BJD is not living in the house;
If Clint has no where to live;
If the house was given to Clint;

Why can't Clint be given his house back thru a divorce? Why can't he use his leverage against BJD; he's not named as a POI...

It's already been re-decorated..

JMO

If BJD is not living in the house;
If Clint has no where to live;
If the house was given to Clint;

Why can't Clint be given his house back thru a divorce? Why can't he use his leverage against BJD; he's not named as a POI...

It's already been re-decorated..

JMO

If the property was aquired during the marriage, and if CD was a landscaper doing seasonal work while BD was an RN, I suspect that BD is the one who paid for most of it.

Even if they divorce, ownership would be split, no one would get clear title.

If the property was aquired during the marriage, and if CD was a landscaper doing seasonal work while BD was an RN, I suspect that BD is the one who paid for most of it.

Even if they divorce, ownership would be split, no one would get clear title.

Would Clint want to live there?

Would anyone want to live there?

I know I wouldn't!

From what I can only gather what went on in that house, I'd rather burn it to the ground. It looks old and rickety anyway!

Just my opinion.

Mel

Thought I had read somewhere that Clint inherited the house. In Ohio, inheritance usually isn't included in a divorce settlement as long as it is kept separate from spouse. But I know that both names are on the county record page. So Clint must have added her. Which I guess would have it as community property.

Mel, whole heartedly agree - would not want to live there. I bet he was glad to move away from there; I'm sure the reminder everytime he looked out the window was heart wrenching. But thought if Clint could possibly get it back, he could definitely burn it down and do a memorial for Hailey.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member