Billings -Couple with 12 adopted children murdered #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really confused. Sheriff Morgan is saying that the loan Billings gave to LPGjr occurred within the year. I heard him say this in a sound bite on CNN HLN. However Crystal Spencer, the family attorney and spokesperson says there was no record of any loan.

She may very well be telling the truth. Lots of people lend money to each other, sometimes for thousands of dollars, with nothing more than a handshake. These undocumented, unofficial transactions often lead to way more weirdness than the ones that have a verifiable paper trail.

If anyone has a subscription.... might be good to run some of the POI and their associates names against Alabama court records, as well as the searches already done in Florida.

http://www.alacourt.com/Servicewhole.Asp?Page=services.htm

I have cross-referenced all names I've been aware of up to this point and continue to do this whenever a new name surfaces. I think I have posted all info I've found that is directly related to one of the named parties, but there is a lot that I haven't posted where I personally have been able to draw links to this case, but that is just my opinion. If/when those additional names officially surface, I'll post all related info I have.

Are you saying PLW (out on bail)that she does NOT own the Magnolia Antique mall or the classy lady?:confused:

No, that PLW is not a real estate developer .. she does own Magnolia Antique Mall. She was mistaken for PML which caused a lot of headaches for PML and her business who owns PMG group.

HTH :)

I'm really confused. Sheriff Morgan is saying that the loan Billings gave to LPGjr occurred within the year. I heard him say this in a sound bite on CNN HLN. However Crystal Spencer, the family attorney and spokesperson says there was no record of any loan.

There is no record of a "loan", but Spencer conceded it could have been a "donation" to LPG's Project FIGHTBACK. This in itself indicates there was some interaction. I understand the family being concerned with the honor of Bud and the family name, but this explanation that there was absolutely no business or personal relations seems to have a gaping hole with this statement.

f the money that Gonzalez Jr. told investigators he received for his martial arts business, she said it likely was a donation to his not-for-profit organization. There are no records that show a substantial loan to Gonzalez Jr. for any type of martial arts enterprise, Spencer said.

"I've asked Ashley about this, and if her dad loaned money to anyone, he kept those records," she said. "Ashley didn't rule out that he may have made a donation to Project FIGHTBACK."

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090721/NEWS01/907210310

Are you saying PLW (out on bail)that she does NOT own the Magnolia Antique mall or the classy lady?:confused:

No. Just that she is not a real estate "agent," and just to let people know that there is another PL who IS a real estate agent in Gulf Breeze.

LPGjr may be covering up any cash recovered as the proceeds of a loan from BB. We don't actually know how much cash was in the safe or briefcase or under the matress or in BB's wallet, now do we?

Even if that "loan" was extracted at the point of a gun on 7/9/09.

Evening all,

Just trying to catch up. A lot happens whilst I'm asleep in a different time zone!

No. Just that she is not a real estate "agent," and just to let people know that there is another PL who IS a real estate agent in Gulf Breeze.

Just to clarify is she definitely not a real estate agent? I know that the associations of Realtors came out with that press release that said she was not a member of their organisation and therefore could not be classed as a Realtor but was unsure as to whether she still worked as a real estate agent, just one which was not a member of the organisation. Could you clarify for me please? Thanks.

She may very well be telling the truth. Lots of people lend money to each other, sometimes for thousands of dollars, with nothing more than a handshake. These undocumented, unofficial transactions often lead to way more weirdness than the ones that have a verifiable paper trail.

You know you have a point there, Sola. My husband's grandfather used to do deals with nothing more than a handshake - some of them involving huge pieces of land in this area. Also in an earlier article I remember Ashley saying that Byrd had been doing deals long before computers ever came along and just by talking to a person he felt he could tell whether or not that person would pay back a loan.

However, I'd still like to know if LPGjr and Billings ever crossed paths this way. I could totally see it happening through the car business. Maybe Byrd met him through the business, they struck up a conversation, Byrd learned that LPGjr was teaching kids self defense and Byrd wanted to help him start his own studio and loaned him the money. ????

As a long time Gulf Coast resident, I have been fascinated by this case - just lurking, though. There are some similarities to the Sherry murders in Biloxi in the 90's. Upstanding couple murdered in their home. Convoluted contacts and complicated seemingly random business dealings. It took years to unravel the events and as a final flourish, our mayor was sent to prison - along with many others. As for motive, sometimes it doesn't take much , maybe a lien on the wrong business? As for the sloppy over-the-top invasion - well, it really is hard to get good help these days. Ya'll probably have checked this out already, but if not, it's worth a look as a possibility.

There has been some posts regarding the Dixie Mafia. ITA, it's a very interesting read. It gives a good idea what LE might be having to navigate through to investigate the Billings case.

You know you have a point there, Sola. My husband's grandfather used to do deals with nothing more than a handshake - some of them involving huge pieces of land in this area. Also in an earlier article I remember Ashley saying that Byrd had been doing deals long before computers ever came along and just by talking to a person he felt he could tell whether or not that person would pay back a loan.

However, I'd still like to know if LPGjr and Billings ever crossed paths this way. I could totally see it happening through the car business. Maybe Byrd met him through the business, they struck up a conversation, Byrd learned that LPGjr was teaching kids self defense and Byrd wanted to help him start his own studio and loaned him the money. ????

I remember that article. It mentioned something as well about he believed that everybody deserved a second chance. Just throwing it out there but maybe BB just trusted the wrong person. For a lot of people who are older (and i know he is only in his 60s so not that old!), they remember how things used to be and they trust people and do things in a more, well, traditional way based on trust rather than the big corporate way of doing things. Maybe BB made a poor judgement in lending LPGjr money and found out that LPGjr was not as trustworthy or as nice as he first thought. Or perhaps LPGjr discovered just how much money the Billings had and saw it as a way to get some cash but it went wrong. This is just IMO and i know I am speculating a bit so not sure if I'm allowed to post this - happy to delete if not, but not saying anything derogatory so hoping it is OK to post!

I know Ashley and I took it very differently. She said "I need to know why" then later said "THere are parts of it I don't ever need to know" IMO she wants to know why the murders happened but doesn't want to know more on the specifics of the murders. I know for me there are times I wonder if my dear friends knew what was happening at the time or if it happened too fast; if they were scared, in fear for the children, etc. But I think knowing some of those answers would likely make it harder. I believe that those are the parts Ashley is referring to when she says that there are parts she doesn't need to know.

IMO. There is a reason the LE are looking for zip-ties, and most likely the kind LE use for handcuffs. I hate to post this but, IMO they were handcuffed by those zip-ties before being murdered.

IMO. There is a reason the LE are looking for zip-ties, and most likely the kind LE use for handcuffs. I hate to post this but, IMO they were handcuffed by those zip-ties before being murdered.

We've all read that mentioned over and over again. What is the point in relation to my post? I must be missing something

I'm not P'colaHog, but I took it to mean that the zip ties and whatever role they played may be an example of one of the "specifics" of the case that the family may not want to
look into closely themselves. It might be traumatic to hear the details.

I'm not P'colaHog, but I took it to mean that the zip ties and whatever role they played may be an example of one of the "specifics" of the case that the family may not want to
look into closely themselves. It might be traumatic to hear the details.

GOtcha and that is totally agreed. I personally don't want to know that part as previously posted. IF they were zip-tied and scared, I really don't think I could handle knowing the details of what they did or said to them. I hope they never release it. It is hard enough when those questions sneak into my brain. I try to block them and just think that it happened so fast they didn't realize what was happening. I can't imagine how myself or the family could deal with all of that type of knowledge.

Do you or anyone have a quick link to the document about the life insurance? I want to read and see if it isn't the normal requirement made of many non-custodial parents. It is often required that they provide life insurance on themselves with their children as beneficiaries.
That's very true...in divorce cases. Forgive me for not knowing, but was BB receiving child support?

That's very true...in divorce cases. Forgive me for not knowing, but was BB receiving child support?

IIRC, BB asked for it. But I'm unclear whether it was court ordered.

LPGjr may be covering up any cash recovered as the proceeds of a loan from BB. We don't actually know how much cash was in the safe or briefcase or under the matress or in BB's wallet, now do we?

Even if that "loan" was extracted at the point of a gun on 7/9/09.

True. Nobody should be going soley off the word of the murdering fruitloop LPGjr.
I would HOPE that the sherriff has something more to back up the loan talk (other than LPGjr words) before spouting such things on CNN/TV. After all, LPGjr seems like the type who is going to play LE for all it's worth, and spin a lot of fantastic tales about what happened leading up to, the night of, and everything following the murders.
imo

Do we have a forum now and can I start a more specific thread if I want to delve into a particular subject?

We've all read that mentioned over and over again. What is the point in relation to my post? I must be missing something

I have not read where anyone else said in their opinion they were handcuffed before being murdered. Maybe I missed it.

It relates to your post in that Ashley would not want to know that kind of details. I should have posted that to begin with, sorry about that.

I am on the victims family side same as you are. :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member