Billionaire launches plans for Titanic replica

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Reader, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Reader

Reader New Member

http://centurylink.net/news/read.ph...org>&news_id=19342935&src=most_popular_viewed

NEW YORK (AP) — What could possibly go wrong?

An Australian billionaire is getting ready to build a new version of the Titanic that could set sail in late 2016.

Clive Palmer unveiled blueprints for the famously doomed ship's namesake Tuesday at the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum in New York. He said construction is scheduled to start soon in China.

Palmer said 40,000 people have expressed interest in tickets for the maiden voyage, taking the original course from Southampton, England, to New York. He said people are inspired by his quest to replicate one of the most famous vessels in history..........more at link.....

2. Loading...

3. Show Me

Show Me New Member

Global warming...watch out for more icebergs. lol

If he can build the ship to match the original as much as possible I can see many people taking the cruise. Question: Will the movie 'Titanic' be shown?

4. wantjustice

wantjustice Always hoping

Hmmm, I don't think I would tempt fate. I may be wrong, but haven't most boats after the original, that were named the Titanic, had bad things happen to them? I am not a fan of cruises anyway :).

5. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Oh, why?
    I keep wishing one of these billionaires would launch a free missing persons television network, available in all homes.