Billy Joel and third wife Katie Lee split

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by Dark Knight, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Dark Knight

Dark Knight New Member

NEW YORK – Billy Joel and wife Katie Lee are confirming a split.

In a statement, the pair said that they remain "caring friends with admiration and respect for each other." They got married five years ago at Joel's mansion on New York's Long Island.

A representative for Joel did not immediately respond to the question of whether the couple were getting a divorce.

This was the Piano Man's third marriage, her first. (He's age 60, she's 27.)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090618/ap_on_en_mu/us_people_billy_joel

2. Loading...

3. robinparten

robinparten New Member

I am surprised it lasted as long as it did. Also surprised she didn't get pregnant while they were together. But I am pretty cynical. :)

4. SleuthyMama

SleuthyMama Listening to my gut

Rumor is she's been carrying on an affair with Yigal Azrael, a fashion designer, who all along Billy just (incorrectly) assumed was gay.

5. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

I'm always sorry to hear when a marriage doesn't work out.

When you get onto your third divorce though, shouldn't you be asking yourself...is it me?

LOL JK. Good luck to both of them.

6. capps

capps New Member

Exactly Kat! I've never followed the life of Billy Joel,but the little I have heard...me thinks that Billy needs to get his act together.

7. Masterj

Masterj Active Member

Not too shocking considering she has been spotted prancing all over town with her designer friend. I wonder if he is still going to open a restaurant for her? I know he took his Hamptons house off the market.

8. DairyGirl

DairyGirl New Member

Wow, didn't see this coming (lol)

9. ziggy

ziggy New Member

Maybe he should stop marrying women much younger and obviously very hot. After the whole "Billy Joel Music icon" thing wears off they wake up one day and realize they are married to an old goat! (with a drinking problem too perhaps).