Black Friday Madness

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by QueenMictlan, Nov 27, 2015.

1. QueenMictlan

QueenMictlan New Member

2. Loading...

3. Redux

Redux Active Member

You couldn't pay me enough to show up for black friday sales. Saw one video on the news this morning of two guys fist fighting over some sale.

I don't even like going in stores as it is - the crowds, the waiting in line, it raises my anxiety level a bit. No way would I subject myself to the kind of stuff that happens on BF.

I don't understand humans sometimes.

4. al66pine

al66pine New Member

Ditto.
    I'd ask W/S'ers who feel this ^ way to drop in for coffee, but it might get too crowded, like a BF door-rush. LOL.

5. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

A lot of our local businesses were offering the Black Friday sales to their customers two weeks ago. I do all my shopping online.

6. SweetT

SweetT Active Member

I did mine online this yr also, but have been out in the BF madness, I loved it and have even provoked scuffles and one fist fight. LOL! It's a long story but those were the days..GOod times.

7. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

I would have had a panic attack. :floorlaugh:

8. SweetT

SweetT Active Member

Totally not right what the lady did, but the other lady shouldnt have brought her kid and she had three of the steamers. Dont involve children in BF my advice. Again the woman who stole from the kid was wrong. It was stupid as it appears there were still even some of the steamers still in the pile but I'd never take a kid BF shopping.

9. SweetT

SweetT Active Member

My husband used to go with me and he would totally get into it. He loved the rush...now that its on Thursdays its not as fun.

10. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Well-Known Member

A veggie steamer.

11. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

Good Lord! They say Weddings and Funerals "bring out the best in people" I think we can add Black Friday!

12. HMSHood

HMSHood Admiral-Class Battlecruiser

Black Friday is so overrated. I remember it was not a big deal back than.

13. CherryKitty

CherryKitty New Member

Black Friday is insane to me. It's not really a big thing here in Canada - maybe because our Thanksgiving is at a different time? Boxing Day is much bigger. Retailers try to compete with the US, especially now that our dollar is so terrible. But it's nowhere near the chaos I see online. I work at a large clothing store and it was no busier than usual. That being said it may be because it's in an affluent area so the people who live around the store will shop any time, deal or no deal lol.

14. pigpen000

pigpen000 New Member

I just slept in saved a lot - mostly my sanity

15. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

I just wish that if we were to adopt the horrid BF from the US, that we could connect it to a more worry cause than blatant consumer greed. I'm all for a national day of buying stuff for the foodbanks, the homeless or refugees. But veggie steamers! Good grief! No one needs a veggie steamer. What about putting all that passion into landing a case of beans for the foodbank!

16. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Well-Known Member

What is #GivingTuesday?

Givingtuesday.org
    http://givingtuesday.org

17. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

Years ago, when the day after Thanksgiving was the "official" start of the holiday season, I shopped to get into the holiday spirit. Haven't gone anywhere near a mall or shopping center since Black Friday came to fruition. The few gifts that I give now require a quick trip to Macy's or an online purchase. AFAIC, Black Friday creates unnecessary stress and anxiety :eek: Who needs that?