Blair Welcomes News That Iran Will Free British Troops

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
TEHRAN, Iran — British Prime Minister Tony Blair welcomed the announcement Wednesday by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that 15 British sailors and marines would be freed and said that he bore "no ill will" toward the Iranian people.
Confusion remained however over when exactly the British navy prsonnel would be handed over by the Iranians. As of 9 p.m. local time in Tehran, they had not arrived at the British Embassy.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,263924,00.html

Thank heavens it turned out well for them.

I wonder what made Pajamagame suddenly turn all "nicey-nice"?

I wonder what kind of deal was struck, behind the scenes? Maybe he was just trying to show his muscle for a while.

This is just a big PR show.

An EASTER present?? :waitasec:

Wasn't that sweeeet of him.

Actually, there was the little matter of the Iranian diplomat, Jalal Sharifi, kidnapped in Baghdad in February. He just happened to have been released yesterday.

The British Sailor and Marine hostages have landed a short while ago at London's Heathrow Airport! I bet that they are totally ecstatic to be back on their home soil. I am ecstatic for them! :woohoo:

Thank goodness this turned out well!

Just heard this:
Allegedly, according to British reporting (SKY Tv) on Fox News, PM Tony Blair sent a letter of apology to the Iranian government.

Marines and Sailors now disembarking from plane.
:woohoo: All appear to be safe, happy and well! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back