Blind Man holding Fried Chicken and Gun, Shoots Wife

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Becba, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Becba

Becba Former Member

http://wfmynews2.com/news/local_state/article.aspx?storyid=67433

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=780 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Blind Man Trying To Handle Gun, Food Fatally Shoots Wife

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>A "storybook marriage" ends in a bizarre chain of events.

Morganton, NC -- A legally blind man fatally shot his wife while trying to balance a plate of fried chicken and a pistol, authorities said.

Kelly Honeycutt of Morganton was holding a .38-caliber pistol he found in a box while he and his wife were moving into a new home Monday night, said Burke County Sheriff's Sgt. Robert Beall said. He accidentally shot his wife Norita in the head after she handed her wheelchair-bound husband a plate of chicken, Beall said.

Beall said no charges were filed by investigators, but the case was sent to the county prosecutor's office for a final determination.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. Loading...

3. Floh

Floh Former Member

"It just looks like a case of bad timing while handling a gun"?

bad timing???

".38-caliber pistol he found in a box"

just casually found in a box? :confused:

4. txsvicki

txsvicki Active Member

I agree. Legally blind doesn't mean he couldn't see. She must have leaned over and put her head right in the line of fire. I can't believe anyone would be that unconcerned about a strange gun that was suddenly found and being handled by anyone even a trusted husband.

5. curious1

curious1 So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm

Well, you can't expect a southerner to put his fried chicken down now can you? :doh: I am from the South so I can say that.:rolleyes: