Blonde, Sad-Faced Girl

Bumping for 2012. If you are reading this and know anything about the identity of this person, please contact Huntington Beach Police Detective Patrick Ellis at 714-375-5066.

There is no working link of the photo being discussed. I am guessing it is this one that I am including but if I am wrong it would be great if someone could post the right one, thanks.

Picture%20094222736--415x415.jpg

The uncropped picture of the girl shows a fresh scab on her left chest and something bloody behind her hair that's draped in a messy way (also on her left). I can only hope that she's ok.

Good catch! What I took for shadow now looks more like maybe a bruise just starting. It's discoloration of some sort, not shadow. And there does appear to be a clump of dark, wet-looking, possibly bloody hair stuck together higher up among the dry straight dangles. Yes, she's having a bad day. I hope it wasn't her last.

It looks as if she had a broken nose earlier in her life. Pretty sure this pic is around 1970.

i feel like i have seen her picture before but with shoulder length hair ...

I found her: Rebecca Jean Dunn
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

She most likely travelled to California with a friend where she went missing. Even has a bump on her nose.
They do look similar, but the girl here looks underage and has much longer hair unless this is a younger pic of her I don't see how she moved around in this state. Also, your girl is heavier set and the girl pictured here looks lower end normal weight

I found her: Rebecca Jean Dunn
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

She most likely travelled to California with a friend where she went missing. Even has a bump on her nose.

what's interesting is this girl is a sex worker.. this is about the fourth or so time i noticed a girl from that decade who stood out to me as looking particularly nicely groomed with a good looking coiffure was a sex worker, besides the more preppy types i guess. i didn't notice it much but i think the sex worker look was different than it was today. did the "regular" women in the 70s normally do the toned down look?

The only one that imo, till now, could be the girl (how far fetched) is Debbie Lee Shelton; murdered in 1969. Only 12 but older looking. And from CA, while Alcala was in NYC. Her face is very similar even though our girl seems to be chubbier.

Ps, equally likely imo is Cynthia Dawn Constantine. Disappeared in 1969, but in Oakland N.Y.

Debbie Lee Shelton 1969

Attachments

• santa-cruz-ghost-hunters-shelton_orig.jpg
    santa-cruz-ghost-hunters-shelton_orig.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 17
  • rodney-alcala-secret-photos-of-victims-35.jpg
    rodney-alcala-secret-photos-of-victims-35.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 196114812_fbecb61e-8d42-4468-a2c5-01797d76910c.jpeg
    196114812_fbecb61e-8d42-4468-a2c5-01797d76910c.jpeg
    5.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
The only one that imo, till now, could be the girl (how far fetched) is Debbie Lee Shelton; murdered in 1969. Only 12 but older looking. And from CA, while Alcala was in NYC. Her face is very similar even though our girl seems to be chubbier.

Ps, equally likely imo is Cynthia Dawn Constantine. Disappeared in 1969, but in Oakland N.Y.

Debbie Lee Shelton 1969

I found another photo of Debbie on a random blog, and she really does resemble this girl. How upsetting to think this was possibly a 12 year old. What a horrible creep......
10259827-659701674078912-3410036460225413195-n-1_orig.jpg Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 2.46.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 2.47.04 PM.png

ETA link. The blog has all kinds of psychic stuff on it. I am only linking for the image, FYI. Debbie Lee Shelton 1969

There is a resemblance, and there is also the rumor/story out there by the pimp/boyfriend/murderer of El Dorado Jane Doe that Trilca and the girls she disappeared with were trafficked, and part of some kind of weird "stable" of girls. (edited to clarify: that was the term used, not mine.)

This is from a random page I found while Googling. (I believe I originally heard this in a discussion here on Websleuths years ago.)

"McAlphin also claimed that Mercedes grew up being friends with three girls (Julie Ann Moseley, Rachel Trlica and Lisa Renee Wilson) who had been abducted and trafficked in the Dallas/Forth Worth area."

About El Dorado Jane Doe: (n/a - 1991) | Biography, Facts, Career, Wiki, Life

Who knows if McAlphin was just telling wild lies, or if there was some truth to any of this, but Alcala did have ties to Texas, so it is theoretically possible he would have known lowlife sex traffickers there.

One question I would have is the shade of Rachel's hair appears darker in her wedding photos on Charely Project, but hair can certainly be dyed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back