Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, the fact that BK was convinced by family to take over the estate over time in increments, rather than in one lump some changes things greatly, especially if she is married. As of now, if she is married, NG would be entitled to the money already dispersed. If she had taken the lump sum, he would be entitled to it all. If she passes away now, and she is not married, her immediate family is entitled to the remaining amount in the trust.

Of course I haven't seen WH's will. But from what I have read, and IIRC, she stated that upon her death, any children would inherit her estate, which would be held in trust, to be dispersed in certain amounts or percentages at age 21, again at age 25, and the balance at age 30. This wasn't something that the family "persuaded" BK to do, it was how the will was set up. Many people with a lot of money do that so that their children don't inherit too much at a time and that they can learn how to become at least somewhat savvy with money before they are in a position to lose the whole thing to bad investments or something along those lines. But again, I'm just re-stating what I've read and don't know for certain that's the case.

That's how DH and I are setting up our estate planning. Kids get some money at x age, a little more at y age, and the rest at z age, at which time the trustee is taken out of the picture. Our kids wouldn't inherit the last of it until age 50, however. ;)

Agree mostly however I never did like the quote:
"Money is the root of all evil"
I prefer
"money is the excuse of all evil"

And most people misquote it anyway.

1 Timothy 6:10 from the Bible is usually translated as “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil” or simply “for the love of money is the root of all evil.” Not money itself, but the love of money.

I like that translation better than the usual misquote because imo, there's nothing inherently wrong with money. Money can be used for great things. It's when greed enters the picture that things get sketchy.

All JMO of course.

This wasn't something that the family "persuaded" BK to do, it was how the will was set up.

True, the trust was set up that way but the Houstons DID try to change the trust.

In 2012, Cissy and Pat Houston, filed legal documents asking a judge to change the terms of when Bobbi, 19 at the time, would get the money.

The matter was eventually settled out of court, with no changes being made to the distribution timing of money or assets.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/02/whitney-houston-estate-go-to-parents-bobbi-kristina/

I think I read somewhere that BK agreed to let them hold back or handle some of the money which might explain why it was settled out of court.

There are also stories that claim NG wanted more of the trust to be given to BK so maybe that was why, because she had agreed to let the family handle some of the money for her.

Jaclyn Schultz FOX 5 ‏@jaclynFOX5ATL 4m4 minutes agoDruid Hills, GA
Bobby Brown's friend tells @FOX5Atlanta , despite rumors, he will NOT take Bobbi Kristina off life support and believes she can recover.
With everyone wondering where WH's money will end up...sounds like it could go to care for BK long term and not given to anyone if Bobby has his way. I am relatively certain he isn't paying for her care and who knows if she has adequate medical insurance.

The biggest difference is the Vegas contract that Celine has.

True. But Whitney's lifestyle would have prohibited her from fulfilling a lucrative gig like that. jmo

Is there breaking news on that twitter feed?
I keep seeing the links but when I go, the last tweet was 2 hrs ago.

With everyone wondering where WH's money will end up...sounds like it could go to care for BK long term and not given to anyone if Bobby has his way. I am relatively certain he isn't paying for her care and who knows if she has adequate medical insurance.

I would be surprised if she had health insurance at all (unless the trust was handling it).

Regardless, if the doctors declare her dead (like the Jahi M case) insurance will stop paying, and that would mean the rest of the money in the trust fund would go to the Grandmother and WH's siblings, they would have to decide if they wanted it spent on life support.

True. But Whitney's lifestyle would have prohibited her from fulfilling a lucrative gig like that. jmo

Exactly, I was just pointing out the major difference in income between WH & CD. Whitney was huge but Celine more marketable- (at least in her last years.)

Of course I haven't seen WH's will. But from what I have read, and IIRC, she stated that upon her death, any children would inherit her estate, which would be held in trust, to be dispersed in certain amounts or percentages at age 21, again at age 25, and the balance at age 30. This wasn't something that the family "persuaded" BK to do, it was how the will was set up. Many people with a lot of money do that so that their children don't inherit too much at a time and that they can learn how to become at least somewhat savvy with money before they are in a position to lose the whole thing to bad investments or something along those lines. But again, I'm just re-stating what I've read and don't know for certain that's the case.

That's how DH and I are setting up our estate planning. Kids get some money at x age, a little more at y age, and the rest at z age, at which time the trustee is taken out of the picture. Our kids wouldn't inherit the last of it until age 50, however. ;)

Have a look at this link. Although I don't know where they get the information from, I have seen references to some of the same things on other sites and articles.
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/singers/whitney-houston-net-worth/
Lots of interesting things here.

Where did all the money go? Seriously? She was broke in 2001 AFTER the pinnacle of her career and then signed another 100 million contract and went broke again.

Have a look at this link. Although I don't know where they get the information from, I have seen references to some of the same things on other sites and articles.
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/singers/whitney-houston-net-worth/
Lots of interesting things here.

Where did all the money go? Seriously? She was broke in 2001 AFTER the pinnacle of her career and then signed another 100 million contract and went broke again.

I have never met a crack addict that had any money lying around or in savings.

Has it been confirmed that BK is brain dead or not? Surely her doctors at Emory know by now. How can Bobby expect BK to fight for her life if she is brain dead?

I have never met a crack addict that had any money lying around or in savings.

I know, but that's a lot of crack!! lol
Just who was she supplying crack with other than herself?

I know, but that's a lot of crack!! lol
Just who was she supplying crack with other than herself?

probably everyone that would do it with her, whole house of parties, relatives, plus everyone in the family seemed to be on the payroll..............
maybe even embezzelment ?
did her divorce cost her allot?

"To gross $36 million [on tour], her cut was probably $10-15 million," Greenburg said. "Then you pay taxes on that and you pay your agent, your manager…and you are left with close to $5 million and that is something that you could burn through quickly when you are used to getting $100 million dollar record contracts."

The Huffington Post is quoting a label insider, meanwhile, who claimed that Houston "was broke" and that her label was advancing her money—and "had been [for] quite some time."

http://www.eonline.com/news/294095/how-much-was-whitney-houston-worth-when-she-died
Tue., Feb. 14, 2012

Sony Music, which owns the rights to Houston's vast catalog , including the Bodyguard soundtrack, is understandably planning an aggressive marketing campaign to broaden awareness of Houston's repertoire among new generations of download-happy fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member