Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question. But why do some feel as though a person should be let go in a situation such as this, assuming they are not in a state of suffering?

Keeping the patient in a suspended state between brain death and actual death keeps the family in a suspended state as well. The other children in the family take a back seat. Normal life activities are set aside. Normal, healthy processing and grieving don't occur typically until actual death takes place. My Dad spent six weeks in in- home hospice last Fall. There was minimal meaningful interaction. It was awful, knowing he was alive, but had "left the building."

Maybe while they have NG in rehab they can address his addiction to celebrity and attention. Show him that he never has been a celebrity and probably never will be. Possibly they can introduce him to the 13th step...get a job and don't mooch off others.

JMO's

my hinky meter says now he will feel even more famous, write a tell all book (with allot of help), sell T shirts, sell photos, he has that parasite mentality..............live off others JMOO

Just a question. But why do some feel as though a person should be let go in a situation such as this, assuming they are not in a state of suffering?

Would you want to be kept physically alive but not there? Have your body laying around with no hope? Maybe the get you to vegetative state in a few years? This is not someone who is going to recover.
You don't know she is not suffering just because she is not in outwardly evident pain does not mean this is how she would want to live out her days. She is in her 20s.

It is so sad that BK is going to be kept in this state from now on. Some things are simply worse than dying. Poor BK. Forever in a state of nothing. I don't understand why anyone would feel it is best.

I do agree with you, but BB might really believe that a miracle can still happen. Hopefully, he wil soon realize that she will not recover.

Would you want to be kept physically alive but not there? Have your body laying around with no hope? Maybe the get you to vegetative state in a few years? This is not someone who is going to recover.
You don't know she is not suffering just because she is not in outwardly evident pain does not mean this is how she would want to live out her days. She is in her 20s.
You brought up a good point about whether or not she is suffering,as I've wondered about this,too. I know the brain controls your pain centers and if you're totally brain dead,then I assume a person won't feel any pain. But in BK's case we don't know if she is brain dead. Is there a nurse or MD that would know the answer?

That is why I said "assuming she is not suffering"
Everybody, every family, has different beliefs. If she is not suffering, then what is the problem with holding onto hope and giving her a chance to come out of this.
Just because she is in a coma doesn't necessarily mean she does not have a purpose. There is more to life than the material/physical world.
Have a look at this amazing story that I read about from Dr. Wayne Dyer a few years ago. This young lady was in a coma for decades but was still having a positive effect to those around her.
http://www.drwaynedyer.com/blog/farewell-to-edwarda/

I know what my family would do, but as you say, CoolJ, different families have different thoughts on such matters and I respect that this decision is BB's. I find it hard to question his decision. To me it feels intrusive. Not that I am commenting that others should not discuss it. Just explaining why I have little to say on this aspect of the case. It's the same reason I do not follow little Jahi's story.

IMO, just as a patient, when I was in an drug induced coma (brain operation & recovery) I did not have pain, nor memories. I was completely out of it, but when he doctors reduced meds and I was coming out of it.............I hallucinated big time..........took me 6 months to get to what I consider normal again. JMOO

IMO, just as a patient, when I was in an drug induced coma (brain operation & recovery) I did not have pain, nor memories. I was completely out of it, but when he doctors reduced meds and I was coming out of it.............I hallucinated big time..........took me 6 months to get to what I consider normal again. JMOO

If they had not brought you out of the induced coma, would you have wanted to live in that state? Did you hallucinate what you had been through or non-sensical hallucinations? So glad you survived to live out the rest of your life.

If they had not brought you out of the induced coma, would you have wanted to live in that state? Did you hallucinate what you had been through or non-sensical hallucinations? So glad you survived to live out the rest of your life.

Actually I would not of known a long as I was drugged. I never needed any assistance breathing (except whatever they did during the operation). Brain tumor,still have 3. NO way would I want my family burdened by me being a PVS. I have it all legal, because I could have 1 huge seizure and be that way. My hallucinations were a silver (like ice cyles on a tree) squirrel with purple plume tail, the famous PINK elephant and flashbacks of everything I ever did or saw, even an ugly calendar picture of a field of sunflowers. This lasted for what seemed days but family says only about a day. I was in perfect health at the time body wise, never did drugs and am very lucky. Healed beautifully. Thank you for asking. I had no trauma. BUT I looked like someone out of a concentration camp after the ordeal was over. My mind keeps going over people I saw in the neuro section of the hospital I was in. Very sad. Oh BTW, I didn't even know my family had stayed here for days.

That is why I said "assuming she is not suffering"
Everybody, every family, has different beliefs. If she is not suffering, then what is the problem with holding onto hope and giving her a chance to come out of this.
Just because she is in a coma doesn't necessarily mean she does not have a purpose. There is more to life than the material/physical world.
Have a look at this amazing story that I read about from Dr. Wayne Dyer a few years ago. This young lady was in a coma for decades but was still having a positive effect to those around her.
http://www.drwaynedyer.com/blog/farewell-to-edwarda/

My friend's sister was in a coma for, I believe, over two decades, or close to it, after a car accident. Her mother cared for her at home all those years, because of her beliefs. The rest of the family went along with it, really having no choice. But it was like a trauma that was ongoing. No healing, no closure, just a really difficult situation. I met her years after it happened- can you imagine the awkwardness of sharing this with people who didn't know the situation? I was honored that she did have enough trust to confide this to me after knowing each other a couple of years. But, I could see how it had affected her, and was still affecting her. There were alot of emotions over a lot of years but I know she was relieved when her sister finally passed...and I'm sure that caused some measure of guilt. But, as someone who loves her, but is also able to see the situation kind of from the outside, I just can't help but think of the damage done to her over so many years without closure.

ETA: Full disclosure, my sister was also in a medically induced coma following a horrific accident. We have only spoken about the details, a few times, and it was over 10 years ago. It was so traumatic to all of us, and we are soooo lucky she survived at all (although she is permanently disabled) that it's just too hard to really process together. I bet anything she has a strong opinion about this case...I'm going to ask her and see what she thinks.

I used to wonder the same thing. After reading about Jahi and learning more about what happens to the body in these circumstances, I realized it's just an awful state of being.

I know there are varied circumstances and many considerations in cases like these, but I can now understand why "letting go" is really in the best interest of everyone.

I can also see how terrible it would be to have to be the one making the decision, though. Miracles do happen. Time will eventually indicate to Bobby Brown what is best for BK, one way or the other.

With BK being in an induced coma, she is not aware of anything so she is not hearing what people are saying by her bedside.

I struggle with the fact that she cannot be brought out of this induced coma without seizing. To me, it is like she is even further removed from this life as a living person. If she has to be kept in this coma to be kept alive, is that living? And in addition, she cannot breath on her own.

Letting her go is a difficult decision, but if a miracle should occur and she wakes up, she will never be the same. Wonder if BB has realized what kind of life she will face, and is he committed to being there for her?

Yesterday morning I was watching our local news. The BK subject came up. The anchors were announcing that she has been transferred to a rehab facility. They were talking like she got up and walked to the facility, and chatted to each other about what good news this is! :doh: :gaah:

I look for BK to succumb soon from an infection that overwhelms her body. (pneumonia or UTI are most common). Even with the best care available, this is a very real possibility. My heart goes out to her family during this agonizingly painful situation.
Frankly, I stunned that Jahi McMath is still "alive".

I look for BK to succumb soon from an infection that overwhelms her body. (pneumonia or UTI are most common). Even with the best care available, this is a very real possibility. My heart goes out to her family during this agonizingly painful situation.

I am not. She is very young and apparently has a strong, healthy heart.

There is documentation of a boy who became brain dead at the age of 4, whose family fought the withdrawal of artificial support, and won. He "lived" for 20 more years before his heart finally gave out. The autopsy revealed that his brain was nothing more than a calcified little lump, with no identifiable structures.

Jahi could end up like him.

I am not. She is very young and apparently has a strong, healthy heart.

There is documentation of a boy who became brain dead at the age of 4, whose family fought the withdrawal of artificial support, and won. He "lived" for 20 more years before his heart finally gave out. The autopsy revealed that his brain was nothing more than a calcified little lump, with no identifiable structures.

Jahi could end up like him.

is her heart strong? We do no know. BK had a history of drugs from age 16? Recently BK lost so much weight that she looked like a skeleton, IMO...........partying, drinking..............so age is young and body is old..............JMO

One, how do we know if they are "suffering" or not. Two, ask yourself would you want to be kept that way, with someone changing your diapers and invading your personal privacy every day. Three, from a religious point of view, where does your "soul" go during this time? Four, the tremendous expense depletes resources that others with a reasonable hope of recovering, need.

I had an aunt who just passed a few weeks ago. Some times I prayed for God to please take her. The last few years she might as well have been in a PVS. She was bedridden, couldn't read, watch TV, eat & couldn't speak & when she did it was in a whisper & you could not understand her.

Also, these lingering circumstances, I believe, can severely affect the loved ones caring for them. My grandmother insisted on caring for her at home. Granted she had home health care practically all day every day but our family strongly believes that this situation contributed to our grandmother's early death.

is her heart strong? We do no know. BK had a history of drugs from age 16? Recently BK lost so much weight that she looked like a skeleton, IMO...........partying, drinking..............so age is young and body is old..............JMO

Wasn't something similar indicated about Whitney Houston? Bad teeth, liver (and possibly other organ) damage due to years of drug and alcohol abuse. Extreme weight loss can deplete minerals, i.e. potassium that can lead to heart problems. Not saying that any of this is necessarily true about BK, but it's worth consideration with regard to her overall health and well-being. :moo:

My aunt with MS that just died had gotten a bed sore & got a strep infection that they had to treat until the day she died. They just couldn't cure it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam