Boeing Wichta Closing

Shelby1

Cancer Sucks
Reaction score
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...84953576.html?mod=WSJ_article_LatestHeadlines

Boeing Co. plans to close its military-jet and other operations in Wichita, Kan., as the aerospace giant grapples with leaner spending by the Defense Department.
The company said Wednesday it will shut the facilities, which employ about 2,160, by the end of 2013.

------

Boeing has been here for 80 years. My prayers go out to all affected by this huge blow. The chain reaction is going to be quite large, I'm afraid. Many companies here supply Boeing with parts...such as crate builders that build crates for Boeing to ship parts in.

Sigh.

That's a real knife twisted into Wichita's economic guts, even though it was not unexpected.

While I'm glad to see less spending on machines of war, I'm always sad to hear about working people losing their jobs.

I dpknow next to nothing about what was done at this place, but I can't help but wish that somehow Boeing, and other defense related companies, could somehow turn to channeling their production towards the sciences, aerospace, etc. keeping workers employed, but creating different equipment, machines, etc. But now with no more shuttle, and what seems to be little desire in the US for scientific advancement, that's likely a pipe dream.

Wishing peace and new jobs for all the workers who will be affected by this. Too many people falling on hard times in this country. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back