Bond Being Posted by Padilla #2

I'd like to know if the Padilla's can cancel their bonding Casey out of jail and return her to jail if they find she is not willing to work with them or their people?

Basically, can they say...never mind ?

I am so disgusted right now! I could not believe these strangers are posting bail for her. WTF???

I am so disgusted right now! I could not believe these strangers are posting bail for her. WTF???

Oh my gosh.. me too... I am just shocked.. and disgusted.. Personally, I do NOT think that Casey being out will give her any incentive to "talk" .. Additionally, I have concerns that she will pull a "Melinda Duckett" and off herself, if things get too sticky, and little Caylee may never be found.( Altho she is a probably way too self absorbed megalomaniac to do so.)

Im sure in Casey's mind.. this is yet another example of people BAILING her out.. literally and figuratively.

I don't understand why so many are against her being bailed out. The authorities haven't been able to get anything out of her. Just maybe this Padilla guy holds the key.. Just maybe she will lead investigators to Caylee or the break they have been looking for. Maybe not, but it won't hurt to try. I absolutely cannot wait to see what she will do when she is out. If she killed Caylee, ultimately, she will pay. Everybody just wants closure either way. However loopy this Bail Guy from Cali seems or whatever his underlying intentions may be...let him try. Sitting in the cell hasn't broke her.

He said on NG this evening that he gives no credence to cadaver dogs and thinks they can have 'false hits' based on his past case experiences. NG asked him to name a past case in which this occurred and he was unable to come up with one on the spot. So this would be a good thing to explore.

I haven't heard of cadaver dog 'false positive' hits. Have any of you?

I don't understand the thinking of 'he'll gain her trust and she'll open up'. The last thing I would do, if someone 'bought' into my story, would be to say 'ya, know...this is what really happened'. I would simply keep feeding...whatever they are eating. I would only cave, if I felt it was useless to carry on w/it...that nobody was buying it. Know what I mean?

I had this thought. I know it is kind of sick but.....Padilla seems convinced Casey had become addicted to drugs. would he or could he feed her addiction with a little of her fave drug of choice in exchange for an enlightening conversation?

I just spoke with him.
Yes, I am THAT nosy.
He is going to come read and possibly post here.
Maybe we should make a thread on issues you want him to look into, questions you have for him, etc?
He says he is not working with law enforcement.. says he wont work with them.
I think he is trying to make her crack, and at least make her think he is on her side, and helping make up stories (drugs)to gain her trust, to find our info.
I dont want to post too much here, incase family is reading (??)

Well, this is open to the public so anyone can read anything. Why would he want to talk to us and post here?

I'm sure Law Enforcement would want to read anything he has to say, though. I'm sure they are completely unthrilled that he has insinuated himself in this case.

I'm against her being bailed out - I think it's terrible and just a publicity stunt.

SleuthyGal, I've started looking on the dogs, here's a link of one dog 'hitting' and another not. The dogs were then brought into question.
*snip*
After his testimony, the prosecution called Frazee's supervisor, Rosemary Redditt, a retired teacher and also a volunteer canine searcher. She said she was at the impound lot with Frazee and his dog Feb. 6. She said she witnessed the dog react to the storage compartment of the vehicle.
She said the dog "turned around real fast," sat, looked at Frazee and barked.
Westerfield's lawyers launched their defense by summoning a San Diego police detective in an effort to raise more questions about the credibility of the cadaver-sniffing dog.
Detective James Tomsovic, who testified earlier as a prosecution witness, said yesterday that he was at the police impound lot Feb. 6 and didn't see the dog react to the motor home.
In a report, Tomsovic said the dog showed no reaction. Under cross-examination by prosecutor Jeff Dusek, Tomsovic acknowledged he arrived at the lot after Frazee and might have missed the dog's reaction

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/danielle/20020703-9999_2m3wrap.html

off looking for more

FYI, Bianca Priteo from the Orlando Sentinel interviewed me yesterday for an article that was to appear today all about Websleuths :)

She was very nice. She did say basically not much was happening and was looking for a different angle on the story.

Then, all hell breaks loose. LOL.

With the events that happened yesterday I doubt if the article will run any time soon but please keep your eye out for it.

FYI, Bianca Priteo from the Orlando Sentinel interviewed me yesterday for an article that was to appear today all about Websleuths :)

She was very nice. She did say basically not much was happening and was looking for a different angle on the story.

With the events that happened yesterday I doubt if the article will run any time soon but please keep your eye out for it.

I hope when the story does come out that someone will post it here or if it is online there is a link! For those of us not in that area.

Oh my gosh.. me too... I am just shocked.. and disgusted.. Personally, I do NOT think that Casey being out will give her any incentive to "talk" .. Additionally, I have concerns that she will pull a "Melinda Duckett" and off herself, if things get too sticky, and little Caylee may never be found.( Altho she is a probably way too self absorbed megalomaniac to do so.)

Im sure in Casey's mind.. this is yet another example of people BAILING her out.. literally and figuratively.

I've been thinking the same thing if she gets out I am hoping she doesn't kill herself because then we'll never know what happened to poor Caylee. :(

He said on NG this evening that he gives no credence to cadaver dogs and thinks they can have 'false hits' based on his past case experiences. NG asked him to name a past case in which this occurred and he was unable to come up with one on the spot. So this would be a good thing to explore.

I haven't heard of cadaver dog 'false positive' hits. Have any of you?

It is usually due to handler error, but it is not an 100% science, there can be false hits and missed locations. That being said done with good trainers and handlers you should be in a 95% accuracy rate. Bring in two dogs from different programs with handlers that don't know where or if the other dog hit and get redundancy, you have a legit hit. There is no doubt that someone's body has been in that yard and trunk.

Congrats Tricia!
It will be available on their website, I hope.....and btw, thank you for providing this place for "websleuthers" like myself...I rarely get to watch TV, and this site is really the best place to go and find links so you can try to sort out fact or fiction, and also keeps the victims and missing people's names out there so we never forget....

Thanks for the heads-up, Tricia... I bookmarked their page.

About Padilla:

From the sounds of it and how he said people from his team will be with Casey 24/7, it makes me think that he is probably going to hold the Anthony's down to signing a contract first, guaranteeing that "team" 24/7 access. If the Anthony's don't agree to their 24/7 contract, we will probably see them taking the bail offering off of the table.

I'm on the side that thinks this man and his nephew are doing it not out of concern for Caylee, (heck, the soundbytes I have heard, he doesn't know a whole lot about this case) but for their own publicity. Think about it: Dog the Bounty Hunter may have his show back, but he took a hard hit within his fan base. What better way for another media seeking bounty hunter to gain exposure than to move in to swoop up the former Dog fans, on top of widening his own fan base: step into a high profile case, bail the suspect out, and then stray from the normal Dog scenario of chasing down a bail jumper by focusing the show on the case as it moves along with their input. If it turns out that Casey did harm Caylee, then this man and his production staff can edit the show to make him the good guy up against the bad guy (ie: Casey). If it turns out that Caylee makes it home safe, and Casey really had nothing to do with her disappearance, then this man and his show will be about them being the good guys and bringing a missing baby home. Either way it goes, a production staff will spin things to make these bounty hunters look like angels on high, no matter what happens.

I'm telling you, this case will be ratings gold for anyone within the media realm stepping in to take advantage of it. I think that is the case here... JMOI.

I find it interesting that in the same couple of days, the Anhony's hire a high-profile spokesman, who owns a production company AND wrote a book about the Natalie Holloway case and at the same time a "third party" contacts a high profile bondsman with a tv show. IMO this is all about who is gonna have the book and movie rights later on.

Here's the article about the bondsman and the spokesman.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,404422,00.html

Yes, it does seem we lost Caylee, we got the attention, lets try to make a buck or two..... NOTHING is norm regarding this case.

Interestingly, what I see happening is Casey digging herself MORE of a hole upon release. She will see her life has changed and whether she thinks she is avoiding others, NO ONE besides her immediate family will want squat to do with her... Now or ever... IF she isn't convicted she'll live a life like OJ.

Now that she may be out.... She best produce her daughter and info on these dangerous dangerous people who supposedly kidnapped her baby... and are OH SO dangerous LE and the FBI can't help Caylee while mommy dearest is behind bars... :rolleyes:

I sure hope they keep a close eye on her, or she will drop herself into a sink hole and NEVER confess what she did to her daughter.. it will be another Melinda.... and Casey strikes me as one to do just that with the way she has treated her family and friends.

JMVHO

About Padilla:

From the sounds of it and how he said people from his team will be with Casey 24/7, it makes me think that he is probably going to hold the Anthony's down to signing a contract first, guaranteeing that "team" 24/7 access. If the Anthony's don't agree to their 24/7 contract, we will probably see them taking the bail offering off of the table.

I'm on the side that thinks this man and his nephew are doing it not out of concern for Caylee, (heck, the soundbytes I have heard, he doesn't know a whole lot about this case) but for their own publicity. Think about it: Dog the Bounty Hunter may have his show back, but he took a hard hit within his fan base. What better way for another media seeking bounty hunter to gain exposure than to move in to swoop up the former Dog fans, on top of widening his own fan base: step into a high profile case, bail the suspect out, and then stray from the normal Dog scenario of chasing down a bail jumper by focusing the show on the case as it moves along with their input. If it turns out that Casey did harm Caylee, then this man and his production staff can edit the show to make him the good guy up against the bad guy (ie: Casey). If it turns out that Caylee makes it home safe, and Casey really had nothing to do with her disappearance, then this man and his show will be about them being the good guys and bringing a missing baby home. Either way it goes, a production staff will spin things to make these bounty hunters look like angels on high, no matter what happens.

I'm telling you, this case will be ratings gold for anyone within the media realm stepping in to take advantage of it. I think that is the case here... JMOI.

"Eyewitness News learned that a third party, only identified as a well-known journalist, put Casey's attorney, Jose Baez, in contact with Tony Padilla Bail Bonds in Sacramento."

http://www.wftv.com/news/17202561/detail.html

NG? Greta? Geraldo? Looks like somebody's going to be getting some scoops.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back