Bond Being Posted by Padilla #2

She's not getting out, but I would absolutely agree with you if she did, and moreover, there would be some issues at the water cooler outside Honorable Strickland's chambers about retirement as that bail amount and the subsequent uphold decisions would be in a word, whack, and unconstitutional. The case is sound, not concrete, not without finding Caylee, but I do think it is strong.

Why do u think she won't get bailed? .....just curious

I just spent 15 minutes reading a blog on the Nat Geo site written by the guy who was a producer on the Padilla series.

I didn't see the show, but the people who responded to the blog did, and made some interesting comments about what they saw as the unpreparedness of the bounty hunter crew.

It put me in mind of the fact that Tony Padilla admitted to being unaware of what's going on in the Caylee case - he's basically willing to bet $500,000 on what his uncle Leonard is telling him.

It also makes me wonder about Leonard not bothering to contact anyone in the Anthony family before making his already-well-publicized gesture. (Not to mention the fact that Baez apparently didn't contact them, either.)

Hmmm.

She's not getting out, but I would absolutely agree with you if she did, and moreover, there would be some issues at the water cooler outside Honorable Strickland's chambers about retirement as that bail amount and the subsequent uphold decisions would be in a word, whack, and unconstitutional. The case is sound, not concrete, not without finding Caylee, but I do think it is strong.
We have a current case here where it is believed a man is guilty of killing his wife. Pretty good evidence. But he is not charged with her murder..yet.
He is currently incarcerated on completely differnt charges regarding a gold bullion scam. But the prosecutor got the judge to hold him without bail because he is a suspect in a murder case.
I thought that was interesting.

I found this on one of the local news forums and they are talking about Tony Padilla:

"Okay so I called Tony, the first time he didn’t answer so I left a lengthy voicemail. Then I called again and immediately started ranting. He interrupted “Are you going to listen to me?”

He basically told me that he is interested in finding a little girl, not a body.

He said, and I QUOTE:

“Look this is the situation..Casey has this boyfriend that she wants to be in bed with every night, but she can’t do that with a baby in the way. She drops her off with some sitter or whatever and now believes the child has been sold..”

I rebutt with “What about the decomposition smell?! What about the cadaver dogs? What about all the lies?! Why would you want her in the general public - so she can get her *advertiser censored* beat?!”

And he interrupted and said “Look, I’m not looking for a body here. We’re looking for a missing little girl. If Casey killed her child, she’ll have to answer. We will be watching her 24/7, we aren’t going to let her get away.”

and again I asked “What about all the lies?!”

and he says “That’s what these tweakers do..” and I asked, to clarify, “What do you mean, tweaker? You think Casey was on drugs?” And he replied with a RESOUNDING “OH yes!”

Then he added “Casey is going crazy in jail, her lawyer told her to not talk to anyone and to not talk to cops. Our focus is finding Caylee and we think we can do that with her out of jail. She has no friends and no one to talk to..we think she will talk once she’s out”.

Then he told me he has more calls to get to but he will be here Sunday and will gladly talk to me again..and he also told me I can call back i

some one over at myfox.com posted this" http://www.wftv.com/news/17088695/detail.html

crazy huh?????
What if the sitter she left Caylee with has been using a false name? Perhaps Zenaida is someone else who stole this identity?

I just do not want there to be a plea deal in this case unless LE doesn't have solid evidence. I want little Caylee to have 100% justice. Now I COULD go for LWOP instead of the death penalty as a 'deal'!

If they find Caylee, there will not be a plea deal, imo- under what standard could one even apply assuming a COD is almost certainly improbable... Wherever she is she did not get there accidentally and Casey's own consciousness of guilt would fry her. They would not plea her but they might file lesser included(s) which would be smart and let a jury decide. I think Baez would be crazy to try this case.

I agree LWOP is the only acceptable plea if it is warranted.

I know I have repeated the guardian ad litem issue to death, but I have been researching case law on it.. Here's the scenario- Casey is convicted, if the parents end up being charged with something after the fact, they would still be able to "profit" from the myriad of royalties that this case undoubtedly will yield.. SOO, appointing a guardian ad litem now would allow for the preservation of a wrongful death suit from Caylee's estate.
Again back to paternity as Casey may be an heir, or she may have an heir to her estate. I would not be surprised to see a request for paternity establishment in the near future if one has not been motioned for already-

I guess it's pretty obvious I will be able to create almost any scenario where none of these people profit from the death of this baby..

We have a current case here where it is believed a man is guilty of killing his wife. Pretty good evidence. But he is not charged with her murder..yet.
He is currently incarcerated on completely differnt charges regarding a gold bullion scam. But the prosecutor got the judge to hold him without bail because he is a suspect in a murder case.
I thought that was interesting.

Oh yes, I agree, I think the fact that he is a NAMED suspect is the factor or burden allowing him to continue to be held- is that correct?

I also don't believe she will be bailed out on Monday or Tuesday. All this new drama is just to further her defense, either that or the Casey, I left my daughter with the nanny, kool-aid drinkers is growing.

Oh yes, I agree, I think the fact that he is a NAMED suspect is the factor or burden allowing him to continue to be held- is that correct?
Yes he is a named suspect in a murder so he can be held without bail on another charge. But he is not charged with murder or anything else associated with that crime.

But we don't typically hold suspects in jail.

It's an interesting case:
Judge Denies Bail for Slain Woman's Husband
LOS ANGELES -- A federal judge denied bail Wednesday to a wealthy gold trader charged with illegal money transfers after prosecutors argued he was a suspect in his wife's murder.

James Fayed, who is charged with operating an unlicensed money transfer business, was ordered to remain in jail after being deemed a flight risk by U.S. District Judge Otis Wright.

Fayed has not been charged with the stabbing death of his estranged wife Pamela last month in a Century City parking garage. However, federal prosecutors had urged the judge to deny bail because they feared Fayed may flee amid an investigation into his wife's death.
http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla-century-city-carjack,0,3302258.story

If they find Caylee, there will not be a plea deal, imo- under what standard could one even apply assuming a COD is almost certainly improbable... Wherever she is she did not get there accidentally and Casey's own consciousness of guilt would fry her. They would not plea her but they might file lesser included(s) which would be smart and let a jury decide. I think Baez would be crazy to try this case.

I agree LWOP is the only acceptable plea if it is warranted.

I know I have repeated the guardian ad litem issue to death, but I have been researching case law on it.. Here's the scenario- Casey is convicted, if the parents end up being charged with something after the fact, they would still be able to "profit" from the myriad of royalties that this case undoubtedly will yield.. SOO, appointing a guardian ad litem now would allow for the preservation of a wrongful death suit from Caylee's estate.
Again back to paternity as Casey may be an heir, or she may have an heir to her estate. I would not be surprised to see a request for paternity establishment in the near future if one has not been motioned for already-

I guess it's pretty obvious I will be able to create almost any scenario where none of these people profit from the death of this baby..

I do not want ANYONE to benefit from Caylee's death either!

Good post!

Yes he is a named suspect in a murder so he can be held without bail on another charge. But he is not charged with murder or anything else associated with that crime.

LOS ANGELES -- A federal judge denied bail Wednesday to a wealthy gold trader charged with illegal money transfers after prosecutors argued he was a suspect in his wife's murder.

James Fayed, who is charged with operating an unlicensed money transfer business, was ordered to remain in jail after being deemed a flight risk by U.S. District Judge Otis Wright.

Fayed has not been charged with the stabbing death of his estranged wife Pamela last month in a Century City parking garage. However, federal prosecutors had urged the judge to deny bail because they feared Fayed may flee amid an investigation into his wife's death.

I don't live to far from you in the OC, I'm familiar with this case, very interesting.

OOOHH, that case, prob a thread on here as if I have a spare second to watch another one.. thanks.

I don't live to far from you in the OC, I'm familiar with this case, very interesting.
Howdy neighbor.
OOOHH, that case, prob a thread on here as if I have a spare second to watch another one.. thanks.
I am not sure there is a thread on it. I am watching it with Fran another member here.
OT But this guy really did a poor job of hiring someone to kill his wife. he left a trail of clues a mile wide.

Back to topic it is intersting that they could get bail denied so they could make sure he would stay put while they investigate his wife's murder.

Is it possible for Casey to be released to the bondman's custody if he is a former felon? It would seem pretty strange to me how this guy spent a year in jail yet can have her released to him?

Is it possible for Casey to be released to the bondman's custody if he is a former felon? It would seem pretty strange to me how this guy spent a year in jail yet can have her released to him?
I don't think a felon can have bail bonding agency can they? What's the felony Gigi?

If Casey is charged with homicide then that would require another hearing and bail would be denied. Then that gives the prosecution time to get it's act together, go to the GJ in the month or so, charge her with capitol murder which is the DP in Florida. At that point there will be about 6 months to a year's worth of posturing by both the State and the defense while the defense motions to withhold evidence and get charges dropped. When that fails the State will put the plea deal on the table of DP vs LWOP if she confesses. At that point she will confess. So about a year from the start of this case I think we will have an ending to the circus..but not before.

Another note I don't think George and Cindy ever wanted her out and back home..that is the last thing they need to deal with right now. I bet it came as a surprise that Jose did all this..I assume behind their back and the first time I think they had an inkling was Thursday mornings jail visit. No wonder George was taking off for the Keys..I would be too!

Howdy neighbor.

I am not sure there is a thread on it. I am watching it with Fran another member here.
OT But this guy really did a poor job of hiring someone to kill his wife. he left a trail of clues a mile wide.

OT I was about 3 miles away from that garage while the murder was happening. I've been trying to find out which garage it was - I've parked in more than one of those highrise garages in Century City. I didn't notice a thread for Pamela Fayed, will have to look.

OT I was about 3 miles away from that garage while the murder was happening. I've been trying to find out which garage it was - I've parked in more than one of those highrise garages in Century City. I didn't notice a thread for Pamela Fayed, will have to look.
YIkes
There isn't one. Fran and i are just following it on our own.

OKay sorry everyone really.

I don't think a felon can have bail bonding agency can they? What's the felony Gigi?

I saw that, he is a bounty hunter, not the bondsmen, thus the distinction probably. But the felony was tax evasion or a derivative thereof.

nope, Padilla is the BH, not the BB, that's his nephew, who apparently is the non-felon

I saw that, he is a bounty hunter, not the bondsmen, thus the distinction probably. But the felony was tax evasion or a derivative thereof.
But the bondsman can't have the felony right? I think they lose that license asap.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back