Bones Found on Property

Well, I finally got someone to drive me by there today. It's Saturday, of course, not that it matters for an investigation, but there was no activity taking place at the property.

It's just sealed off with the new fence that's been added and a No Treaspassing sign. It was just a quiet day on the street.
Good to know...That they've sealed off the property. It would be even better to know that it's guarded. I just hope they get something right now that there's an opportunity to actually sort out what happened and to bring justice to the crime that Jaycee was subjected to! I said several days ago that we would hear next to nothing about this case from the authorities (who failed so abissmally) and so far, here we are still discussing what Chevy-whatsername said and didn't say...

MOO

There's been no press conferences by LE since the first one announcing that Jaycee and been found.

At this point, I think that it will take a week or two to determine age of the bone fragment and to extract DNA for comparison with missing person's cases.

If there's any sort of link made between the bone fragment and a victim, that would be the reason for another press conference, as it would likely include further charges against PG.

In perhaps a related development:

"Press Conference Garrido Case
Immediately following the hearing on the Garrido case scheduled for
September 14, 2009, 8:00 a.m. in Department 7 of the El Dorado County
Superior Court, located at 2850 Fairlane Court, Placerville, California.
District Attorney Vern Pierson will make a prepared statement. This
press conference will take place outside the courthouse in the vicinity of
Department 7. There will be a limited question and answer period
following the prepared statement."

http://www.edcgov.us/sheriff/press_releases/2009/091309_garrido.pdf

In perhaps a related development:

"Press Conference Garrido Case
Immediately following the hearing on the Garrido case scheduled for
September 14, 2009, 8:00 a.m. in Department 7 of the El Dorado County
Superior Court, located at 2850 Fairlane Court, Placerville, California.
District Attorney Vern Pierson will make a prepared statement. This
press conference will take place outside the courthouse in the vicinity of
Department 7. There will be a limited question and answer period
following the prepared statement."

http://www.edcgov.us/sheriff/press_releases/2009/091309_garrido.pdf

Thanks Dr. Doogie! I bet there will be additional charges announced at that time.

Wow........I just realized that September 14th is tomorrow!

Thanks Dr. Doogie! I bet there will be additional charges announced at that time.

Wow........I just realized that September 14th is tomorrow!

This court date was/is scheduled as a bail review hearing.

Should there be a new thread for the 9/14 press conference with El Dorado County District Attorney Vern Pierson in case it turns out there are more revelations than simply discussing the outcome of the bail hearing with the media?

I suggest one thread to cover both the bail hearing, and the press conference.

Should there be a new thread for the 9/14 press conference with El Dorado County District Attorney Vern Pierson in case it turns out there are more revelations than simply discussing the outcome of the bail hearing with the media?

Since a press conference has been scheduled, I think a thread for that press conference is a good idea.

I will be at both the hearing and press conference, but will not be able to post my thoughts until Tuesday. And watch the news reports of the conference for pictures of the "guy with the sign" - that will be me.

Definitely yes!

I will be at both the hearing and press conference, but will not be able to post my thoughts until Tuesday. And watch the news reports of the conference for pictures of the "guy with the sign" - that will be me.

So what will the sign say?

These are taken from the Contra Costa County Assessor's site, and show the Garrido house going back to 2000:

GarridoHouse copy.jpg

I would say that if there's anything hidden or buried in the backyard, it would be under the pool, the trampoline, or one of the outbuildings.

Might also want to be looking at photos of the property next door, to the north, where Garrido was supposedly living in a shed there from 2003 to 2006.

One wonders why he was living in the shed when he had a house next door. He probably wasn't doing that at all, it may have been intended to be one of his prisons. If he was still doing that stuff to other women, or planning to do it, he probably wouldn't have been wanting to do it in front of the girls. Pretty convienent.

These are taken from the Contra Costa County Assessor's site, and show the Garrido house going back to 2000:

View attachment 5091

I would say that if there's anything hidden or buried in the backyard, it would be under the pool, the trampoline, or one of the outbuildings.

My sentiments exactly!!!

They have yet to determine if they are human or animal.

Considering the previously found bone fragment was determined to be human, I'd bet my bag of pastries the bones found today are also human.

ETA: One bone was found today on Garrido's property with additional bones found on the adjacent property.

ETA: source: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/More-Bones-Found-on-Garrido-Property-59554652.html
Hayward police officer Chris Orrey said they "found a few bones on the neighbor's property." She said they found one bone on Garrido's property.
All of the bones were found in the yard area of each property.

I don't know if this has been posted. From I can see I don't see a thread on bones being found on HIS property. I know they were found on the property next door.

ANTIOCH, California (CNN) -- Investigators have found bones on the property where kidnapping suspects Phillip and Nancy Garrido lived for 18 years with Jaycee Dugard and her two daughters, police said Wednesday.

More bones of undetermined origin also were found on property adjacent to the home, Lt. Chris Orrey of the Hayward Police Department said.

"We have located what appear to be bones on both properties," Orrey told reporters. "We can't tell at this point if those bones are human or animal."

The evidence has been sent to a laboratory for analysis, Orrey said.

Hayward Police executed a search warrant Tuesday for the Garrido home and the neighboring property in connection with the 1988 abduction of Michaela Garecht, police said.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/16/california.kidnapping/index.html?eref=rss_crime

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back