Bones Found on Property

LOL, sorry but I don't know the movie "Fargo."

My first thought was the dogs. But it would take them a long time to completely chew up the larger bones. Then I remembered hearing there was a firepit in the backyard. And that in 2006 the fire department was called for a fire in the backyard. So my guesses would be the fire pit first, dogs second.

The bones are probably ancient and have been broken up by predation or excavation by animals. It just doesnt seem likely that they would be scattered at the surface or subsurface if they were from the Garrido era. The buried pit is more interesting. If it contains some kind of tissue (waste from the births perhaps?) how long would that still be able to give a scent for the dogs to detect? If it contains something more sinister, such as unknown victims or children who got sick and died (PG could hardly go and report that to the local coroners office, and he wouldn't go and dump his kids bodies in a ditch alongside the freeway) then this story will be taking a much darker turn.

It would be kind of ironic if the house was sitting right on top of an old Indian burial ground.

That's definitely true, minazoe: he desperately wants the notoriety. Ted Bundy became a celebrity misogynistic serial killer. Now, Garrido wants his due. This is someone who always saw himself as a "rock star," even as a teen.

I don't believe for a second he's mentally ill. As for the religious talk, it's most common for child rapists to seek out and exploit religion to justify their heinous crimes. Hell, even the Klan thought they were working on behalf of God and believed the craziest conspiracies involving blacks and Jews, and yet we don't say they were simply off their rockers. Besides, I think Garrido has been playing the odd bird. He's nothing but a manipulator and a liar.

I certainly hope he is mentally ill. How can a normal person do what he did. The difference is, did he know the difference between right and wrong? Of course he did. Is he able to understand the consequences of his actions? Sure is. Is he mentally ill, in my opinion only, ummm yep, no question!

For those of you who disagree with me, enlighten me, as I really don't want to believe a sane person could do the unspeakable things he has done.

The bones are probably ancient and have been broken up by predation or excavation by animals. It just doesnt seem likely that they would be scattered at the surface or subsurface if they were from the Garrido era. The buried pit is more interesting. If it contains some kind of tissue (waste from the births perhaps?) how long would that still be able to give a scent for the dogs to detect? If it contains something more sinister, such as unknown victims or children who got sick and died (PG could hardly go and report that to the local coroners office, and he wouldn't go and dump his kids bodies in a ditch alongside the freeway) then this story will be taking a much darker turn.

It would be kind of ironic if the house was sitting right on top of an old Indian burial ground.

does ca have save haven law ?
has there been in boy babies left in the last 15 years or so
I like to think positive that no children are ever hurt

Before any of us bring ourselves to type the thought we might be thinking, to see if we're on the same page, are you thinking of an infamous scene from the movie "Fargo"?

I've never seen it, but I'm sure there is some horror movie to reference where my thoughts jumped to. The Bone Collector maybe? IDK, i don't really watch horror movies.

Fargo wasn't a horror story, it was a kidnapping crime story. The scene in question involved a woodchipper btw.

I certainly hope he is mentally ill. How can a normal person do what he did. The difference is, did he know the difference between right and wrong? Of course he did. Is he able to understand the consequences of his actions? Sure is. Is he mentally ill, in my opinion only, ummm yep, no question!

For those of you who disagree with me, enlighten me, as I really don't want to believe a sane person could do the unspeakable things he has done.

I wish I still thought like that. Unfortunately, I can no longer feel like that. Unfortunately I believe that there are just some people in this world who get excited over other people's pain. Who like attention, even if it is negative. Who does not look at other's as feeling humans, but only see them as a means of what they can do for that person. Who feel that a sexual relationship is incomplete unless someone is scared and hurting. Evil does exist in this world, and I think we are seeing it. They know that the world believes what they are is wrong. But they are enjoying it too much to quit.

Hi all! Have been on the Annie Le forum for the last few days and am just catching up here.. I found the presser with the technology AMAZING. I took a few notes. I hope you don't mind if I post them:
~~~

They are using three lines of data to analyze the ground:

1) GPR: radar machine. It can show contrast in the ground. They have three different antenas they are using that can see to different depths. If there is contrast in an area it is first called an anomaly. Once an anomaly is located they move on to:

2) MAGNATROMETER: which can analyze the material that may be filling the "pit".

3) The third line of data are the cadaver and bone dogs.

Compiling the three lines of data can move an area into a target of interest where they will then dig using the science behind it to guide location and depth.

~~~~

Some other interesting things he said was that he was looking for pits that were graves in the extended or flex burial positions. He said further that there may have been a walnut grove on the land earlier and that the builders, when removing the trees, could have left the rootballs of the trees which could be close to the same size as a burial pit. He would not comment on what 'shape' the anomaly was.

Considering that two cadaver dogs have already indicated on the area of the anomaly (LE says they will be back Monday again), I don't see how this could be just a rootball.

LE says they may be digging in that area in the afternoon on Monday.

((aside: for anyone curious, the archeaologist says he is using "GPR SLICE" to look at his data))

I wish I still thought like that. Unfortunately, I can no longer feel like that. Unfortunately I believe that there are just some people in this world who get excited over other people's pain. Who like attention, even if it is negative. Who does not look at other's as feeling humans, but only see them as a means of what they can do for that person. Who feel that a sexual relationship is incomplete unless someone is scared and hurting. Evil does exist in this world, and I think we are seeing it. They know that the world believes what they are is wrong. But they are enjoying it too much to quit.

That is something I can understand, in my mind, but my heart just doesn't want to believe a person could be mentally stable and do horrible unthinkable things. Especially to an innocent child.

Thank you for taking the time to address my thoughts. I greatly appreciate it!

There is a distinction between being mentally ill and insane in law. If you are mentally ill you will still be held accountable. Garrido is clearly mentally ill, but whether he meets the criteria to be considered insane is debateable.

Yes we do.

Nationwide Safe Haven Laws

Now nationwide, all 50 states have safe haven laws, with Alaska and Nebraska enacting their own safe haven laws in 2008. You should look at your own state's Safe Haven Law for more details, as they do vary from state to state.

There is a distinction between being mentally ill and insane in law. If you are mentally ill you will still be held accountable. Garrido is clearly mentally ill, but whether he meets the criteria to be considered insane is debateable.

There is also incompetent to aid in his own defense or stand trial. That is the one that I am afraid of. I don't think he was necessarily insane when he kidnapped Jaycee. But over time, with illegal pharms I wonder if he hasn't gotten worse.

The SOB is a demon...Mentally ill or not he knew right from wrong. IMO he is mentally ill but definitely knows right from wrong.
He knew he was doing things that are against the Law. He knew or he would not be hiding them.
When people were no longer actively looking for Jaycee, He tests the law by taking them out after many years in captivity.
He can try to pull out the insane card. But it will not work.
Nancy will not walk either, but she will be put in some mental facility and be taken care of :furious: :furious: I hate that concept;
Me think that our tax dollars should should take care of people more deserving then this pig. :loser:

All this is hard to say. But Since we know Jaycee has to daughters thru this monster. The hits the dogs and sonar has made are other babies. I am sure Jayce would have told the LE by now. I have a feeling they are going to find skelton remains of someone.:furious:

All this is hard to say. But Since we know Jaycee has to daughters thru this monster. The hits the dogs and sonar has made are other babies. I am sure Jayce would have told the LE by now. I have a feeling they are going to find skelton remains of someone.:furious:
MBB

Do you KNOW this, or are you speculating? ARE other babies, or might well be other babies? It does seem one likely outcome. Of course, if the hits (the anomaly, the bones) are a baby or babies, those infants could have been stillborn.

Just the fact that Jaycee was able to give birth to two viable children that lived, despite her age, lack of medical care, etc., is amazing. It would not be so surprising that there were stillborn children. There also could surely be babies who died young, from natural causes . .. or . . . . worse.

And if there were other girls in the compound, the possibilities are compounded.

MBB

Do you KNOW this, or are you speculating? ARE other babies, or might well be other babies? It does seem one likely outcome. Of course, if the hits (the anomaly, the bones) are a baby or babies, those infants could have been stillborn.

Just the fact that Jaycee was able to give birth to two viable children that lived, despite her age, lack of medical care, etc., is amazing. It would not be so surprising that there were stillborn children. There also could surely be babies who died young, from natural causes . .. or . . . . worse.

And if there were other girls in the compound, the possibilities are compounded.
I think this is JDB's opinion, and mine as well, based on the fact that the GP radar hit on exactly the same spot that both cadaver dogs independently hit on. Someone died and is buried there, and it's not going to turn out to be an Indian burial.

My mind did not even want to go here yet.
I do not believe that Jaycee know the facts.
but she knows if she had more then 2 pregnancies.

Very sad :(
I am almost afraid to know,that poor, poor girl :heart: :heart:

: for this case we need a crying smiley, can you arrange it?

If there were potential illegalities that occurred when she was an adult, and if that started to come out in the interviews, LE would have been compelled to read her her rights immediately and provide a lawyer. The lawyer would have nixed any further questions until they fully understood the nature and extent of everyones involvement - something that would most likely be not forthcoming in the near term. That would have left LE knowing there was something there, but not knowing specifically what it was or where it was, which might explain their behaviour in the second search and why they were executing a second search on such apparently flimsy grounds.

If there were potential illegalities that occurred when she was an adult, and if that started to come out in the interviews, LE would have been compelled to read her her rights immediately and provide a lawyer. The lawyer would have nixed any further questions until they fully understood the nature and extent of everyones involvement - something that would most likely be not forthcoming in the near term. That would have left LE knowing there was something there, but not knowing specifically what it was or where it was, which might explain their behaviour in the second search and why they were executing a second search on such apparently flimsy grounds.

I think you're probably right on here, Natal!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel1987
Back