Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the sense that she used it more as a threat - sort of in a "you better do a good job because I have all these lawyers in my back pocket who will tell me if you aren't" kind of way. I am willing to bet the fine print of any PPL agreement says they do not cover first degree murder cases. LOL.

Jodi: "You better do what I say Nurmi, I've got a hotline to PPL's finest, and they've got my back!

Nurmi: How much is that costing you?

Jodi: $25 a month...

Nurmi: OK OK, let me take another look at those pedo letters...

Nurmi: I gotta go.

Jodi: WAIT! WHERE ARE YOU GOING??!

Nurmi: I gotta go call the Hughes

Jodi: Atta boy, Nurmi.

Nurmi: "I received an email from a person named "Bob White". The subject of the email was *you might be interested in these.* Mr. White's email stated that he didn't want to get in involved with the case but thought I might be interested in the documents. The attachment contained 10 letters.

When more information became available, I became much more suspect of who wrote these letters. Why? Ms. Arias' cell was searched by deputies and pens were found. A 3x5 note card was found in the cell with handwriting on it. The States expert concluded that it was handwriting that was an attempt to simulate the handwriting of Travis Alexander. If Ms. Arias wrote these letters, how did she get them out of the jail and have them emailed to me? Once the 3x5 card was found, it was my belief that she wrote those letters.

Nurmi: "With out going into detail, I had every reason to believe that my client was trying to do self-destructive things behind my back. From listening to her jail calls, I became very suspicious that she, with the help of another individual (a person who lived in Las Vegas) was hiding evidence from me. I didn't know for sure if this was evidence that would help her or hurt her.

It was a situation that forced myself and a few other members of the defense team to travel to Las Vegas. If there was evidence out there that would have helped her case, but at the same time would be extremely humiliating to her personally, she would hide it from me because she valued her image more than her freedom or her life. As crazy as it sounds, image was everything to her.

Jennifer, Bud and I headed to Las Vegas on a covert mission. We knew where our target lived but did not know where he worked. We went to this mans apartment and fitting with the stereotype, he lived with his mother. The mother would not open the door. We left my card on the screen door and left. He called me later that afternoon. He really seemed intent on unburdening himself of all things Ms. Arias. Given his attitude, I assumed his mom gave him quite a bit of grief. I could almost hear her yelling at him for talking to some girl in jail for murder. He wanted to meet the next morning and we agreed to meet at a coffee shop at the MGM Grand. Perhaps it was the wrath of his mother or his own embarrassment, but this man gave up everything he had related to Jodi. Beyond that, he even kept the promise to send me even more stuff in the mail. Why? I am assuming he did this because he was scared. Scared of his mother, but I sensed something more than that. When we showed up to his moms door, it was no longer just fun and games, things became real to him.

This was no longer just some bizarre sexual fantasy that only existed in his head. It seemed to me that when we showed up, it became something different to him. Jodi Arias was a real person with a real case that this man clearly wanted no part of, period. The result of all this was that yes, Ms. Arias was hiding something from me, but it was really nothing of importance to her case."

"I still did not and do not like Ms. Arias.... Let me repeat myself, I did not, and I do not like Ms. Arias."

I have the most awesome friend, she took the time to look the above posted information up for me and sent it via a voice dictation program she has. I need that... she spoke and email dictated it to me. She refers to it as "When (KL) speaks, people listen." I :loveyou: K.L.

Nurmi: "I received an email from a person named "Bob White". The subject of the email was *you might be interested in these.* Mr. White's email stated that he didn't want to get in involved with the case but thought I might be interested in the documents. The attachment contained 10 letters.

When more information became available, I became much more suspect of who wrote these letters. Why? Ms. Arias' cell was searched by deputies and pens were found. A 3x5 note card was found in the cell with handwriting on it. The States expert concluded that it was handwriting that was an attempt to simulate the handwriting of Travis Alexander. If Ms. Arias wrote these letters, how did she get them out of the jail and have them emailed to me? Once the 3x5 card was found, it was my belief that she wrote those letters.

With out going into detail, I had every reason to believe that my client was trying to do self-destructive things behind my back. From listening to her jail calls, I became very suspicious that she, with the help of another individual (a person who lived in Las Vegas) was hiding evidence from me. I didn't know for sure if this was evidence that would help her or hurt her.

It was a situation that forced myself and a few other members of the defense team to travel to Las Vegas. If there was evidence out there that would have helped her case, but at the same time would be extremely humiliating to her personally, she would hide it from me because she valued her image more than her freedom or her life. As crazy as it sounds, image was everything to her.

Jennifer, Bud and I headed to Las Vegas on a covert mission. We knew where our target lived but did not know where he worked. We went to this mans apartment and fitting with the stereotype, he lived with his mother. The mother would not open the door. We left my card on the screen door and left. He called me later that afternoon. He really seemed intent on unburdening himself of all things Ms. Arias. Given his attitude, I assumed his mom gave him quite a bit of grief. I could almost hear her yelling at him for talking to some girl in jail for murder. He wanted to meet the next morning and we agreed to meet at a coffee shop at the MGM Grand. Perhaps it was the wrath of his mother or his own embarrassment, but this man gave up everything he had related to Jodi. Beyond that, he even kept the promise to send me even more stuff in the mail. Why? I am assuming he did this because he was scared. Scared of his mother, but I sensed something more than that. When we showed up to his moms door, it was no longer just fun and games, things became real to him.

This was no longer just some bizarre sexual fantasy that only existed in his head. It seemed to me that when we showed up, it became something different to him. Jodi Arias was a real person with a real case that this man clearly wanted no part of, period. The result of all this was that yes, Ms. Arias was hiding something from me, but it was really nothing of importance to her case."

"I still did not and do not like Ms. Arias.... Let me repeat myself, I did not, and I do not like Ms. Arias."

So I gather this person in Vegas was someone she came to know after being jailed (and not someone from her past)? What kind of evidence could he have withheld? Very curious about what in the calls made Nurmi think it could be important to the case (the missing weapons possibly buried in Nevada?).

Re the last quote, me thinkith he dothith...you know.

With out going into detail, I had every reason to believe that my client was trying to do self-destructive things behind my back. From listening to her jail calls, I became very suspicious that she, with the help of another individual (a person who lived in Las Vegas) was hiding evidence from me. I didn't know for sure if this was evidence that would help her or hurt her.

Target Location: Vegas

Subject Location: Mother's basement

Problems Encountered:
1.Subject is at large, skateboard is missing.
2. Mother's not talking.

So I gather this person in Vegas was someone she came to know after being jailed (and not someone from her past)? What kind of evidence could he have withheld? Very curious about what in the calls made Nurmi think it could be important to the case (the missing weapons possibly buried in Nevada?).

I need to refresh my memory, did she go to Vegas before she went to Ryan's? Too much to remember. Hopefully we find out who all visited her in jail and we get access to recorded calls. Good thought on Nurmi thinking about the missing weapons. Oooh... maybe Juan's book will reveal it??

I could see how you could think that since he doesn't appear to be acting rationally, but aren't one of the symptoms of PTSD avoiding the source of trauma? Writing a three volume tell-all about it doesn't seem like a good way to get some distance from it, particularly because it could lead to further legal entanglements related to it.

A person with PTSD can get obsessed with recounting the traumatic scenario. There are different schools of thought about whether this is a good idea. One is to talk about it alot. The other is not to talk about it hardly at all, because every time you talk about it it reinforces the memory tracks in the brain. In the latter case, treatment might involve the body (where trauma lodges) rather than the brain. This is very cutting-edge therapy, but becoming more common, e.g. with Vets.
KN looked dissociated during the trial, like he'd "checked out". This is almost pathognomic for trauma (you can't cope, so you "disappear"). I'm not excusing him, I'm just saying he's probably not lying when he keeps mentioning that there has been substantial fallout for him and he may not be able to practice law.

Jodi wasn't traumatized: she decided not to remember. She doesn't dissociate at all:you can tell, because her head is always busy fashioning the next lie to address her current situation. For instance, if she had a pattern of dissociation, she would have dissociated in JM's cross; instead, she's hyper alert and on top of things. If you think about it, she was doing "fight" not "flight". Fight and flight are actually normal instinctual human responses. "Freeze" is not and can be a trauma symptom. Jodi is never in freeze mode. She also doesn't do "flight" much except when she wants to get out of a responsibility, like going to work, of fleeing from a slaughter scene.
I doubt Samuels or ALV had ever actually seen dissociation, by the way, or they'd have know it was BS.

Nurmi: "With out going into detail, I had every reason to believe that my client was trying to do self-destructive things behind my back. From listening to her jail calls, I became very suspicious that she, with the help of another individual (a person who lived in Las Vegas) was hiding evidence from me. I didn't know for sure if this was evidence that would help her or hurt her.

Wait...is this for real too about White and letters etc? I swear it's all so bizarre enough I can't deferentiate facts from parody anymore.

I need to refresh my memory, did she go to Vegas before she went to Ryan's? Too much to remember. Hopefully we find out who all visited her in jail and we get access to recorded calls. Good thought on Nurmi thinking about the missing weapons. Oooh... maybe Juan's book will reveal it??

She got across the Nevada border but the road hooked back into AZ, where she called Travis and left that voice mail (not knowing she was actually in AZ again). Did she visit Gus while driving back to Yreka? I have a dim memory of something about that but not really sure. She may have bought gas in Nevada before getting to Utah (and Ryan), I'd have to check notes or look around to be sure of any of this, it's weird how so many details I used to know by heart escape recall as time passes.

Wait...is this for real too about White and letters etc? I swear it's all so bizarre enough I can't deferentiate facts from parody anymore.

I do believe that's true and not parody (he did get the pedo letters in an e-mail), also, interesting that he wonders how she may have gotten the letters out of jail...who might have hidden contraband for her...I'm seeing pinwheels for some strange reason.

Good sleuthing Steve, LOL.

Seriously though, she was clearly making efforts to spin anyone gullible her way, and trying to manufacture evidence to fit her story. She wasn't just sitting in jail, she was firing on all cylinders to try to establish reasonable doubt, with no trace of honesty or remorse. It was all about creating a believable lie.

I hope Juan has something to say about all this.

Um. Are there missing paragraphs between Bob White, a heads up and letters attached and the next section about listening into phone calls?

Something prompted both teams to listen in to the calls. Not routine. From the excerpt it sounds possible Nurmi listened to hear if she was speaking to some one outside about the letters. Clues led to LV.

The dude handed over stuff, whatever it was. Reading between the lines it sounds very possible she was trading promises of sex and having phone sex with him in exchange for well, just a few teeny weeny favors?

She got across the Nevada border but the road hooked back into AZ, where she called Travis and left that voice mail (not knowing she was actually in AZ again). Did she visit Gus while driving back to Yreka? I have a dim memory of something about that but not really sure. She may have bought gas in Nevada before getting to Utah (and Ryan), I'd have to check notes or look around to be sure of any of this, it's weird how so many details I used to know by heart escape recall as time passes.

Yes, she went to get the Helio from Gus on the way back to Yreka, and no, it isn't very likely she went to Nevada between Mesa and Salt Lake City.

Way out of the way, she was already extremely late in getting to Ryan's and what would be the imperative? She could dispose of weapons etc. anywhere.

I do believe that's true and not parody (he did get the pedo letters in an e-mail), also, interesting that he wonders how she may have gotten the letters out of jail...who might have hidden contraband for her...I'm seeing pinwheels for some strange reason.

If Nurmi's right and she wrote the letters in jail, someone had to carry them out for her...and it could be seen as mitigating if you killed a 'monster'.

It would be just like Jodi to keep souvenirs of a crime. Especially one where she successfully got revenge in a big way.

Yes, she went to get the Helio from Gus on the way back to Yreka, and no, it isn't very likely she went to Nevada between Mesa and Salt Lake City.

Way out of the way, she was already extremely late in getting to Ryan's and what would be the imperative? She could dispose of weapons etc. anywhere.

It seems to me there's a gas receipt in the early morning hours (on her way to Ryan) I was thinking it was in Nevada, perhaps I'm wrong but I'll see if I either have a copy of it saved or it's on the bank statement, it's niggling at my mind now.

Um. Are there missing paragraphs between Bob White, a heads up and letters attached and the next section about listening into phone calls?

Something prompted both teams to listen in to the calls. Not routine. From the excerpt it sounds possible Nurmi listened to hear if she was speaking to some one outside about the letters. Clues led to LV.

The dude handed over stuff, whatever it was. Reading between the lines it sounds very possible she was trading promises of sex and having phone sex with him in exchange for well, just a few teeny weeny favors?

BBM:

I don't know if anything is missing, I can find out when I get my book back though, or maybe "Pink" can look at it and let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave