Born Without Legs, Football Player Still Scores

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by mysteriew, Oct 3, 2005.

1. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

Being born without legs couldn't stop a Dayton high school football player from fulfilling his dream of joining his school's team.

His story of courage has become a national inspiration and this weekend it was on full display during a game at Cincinnati's Stargel Stadium.

"I was born without legs, wasn't no birth defect," said Bobby Martin, a Colonel White High School tackle. "I just came out like this, God wanted me like this so here I am."

"Bobby wants to be a football player, he is a football player," said George Kontsis, coach for Hughes Center. "He has not let anything stand in his way."

On his own sideline he's just one of the guys -- which is exactly what he wants.

"He's just a regular kid," said Earl White, Colonel White High School coach.

Running on his hands, he's nearly as quick as anyone else on the team.

Although he's a senior this year, Martin hopes his playing days aren't over.

He's hopeful he can play in college.
    http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/10/02/courage.html

Several pictures of this incrediable kid at the link. I saw a video of him making a tackle, he is formidable.

2. Loading...

3. PaperDoll

PaperDoll When I'm Silent, I make the most sense

What a great story... I hope he makes it to the big leagues... :clap: