Bosma Murder Trial 02.04.16 - Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only imagine there must have been several who were present when Igor said that "don't tell me what I don't know!" that felt a sense of satisfaction.

Jennings testified that it had been made clear to him that Millard's business — including that fact that he never saw any airplane work at the hangar — was none of his business.

"(Shane) said 'we don't talk about that. We don't talk about Dell's business, and that's how it works … I didn't ask questions and I didn't want to know," he said.

When Dungey asked if this meant everything had to be run by Millard — for example, bringing in a truck or taking a trailer — Jennings said "absolutely."

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6263405-bosma-murder-trial-nobody-comes-to-the-hangar-today-/

What WAS Dell's "business"? :thinking:

For anyone asking questions about recently posted truck pictures, keep reading before you post, it's pretty much figured out.

MsSherlock, if you're interested in throwing your timeline into a Google spreadsheet, I could try to help tomorrow.

I wasn't sure if there was a local culture issue I was missing (for example, here it's Hondurans, not Colombians), but overall I'm just picturing "the guys you pick up at the hardware store when you need cheap labor". I doubt literal contracts come into play. Could be wrong. (My less than stellar father, who IS a contractor, made use of this variety of Central American day laborer.)

I suppose that makes sense but the part that doesn't is, what the heck did he hire them to do? There was no legit business going on in that hangar so... were they the ones stripping stolen cars?

I suppose that makes sense but the part that doesn't is, what the heck did he hire them to do? There was no legit business going on in that hangar so... were they the ones stripping stolen cars?

Maybe stripping , or more menial stuff like disposing of unusable materials and cleaning up.

IMHO, AJ is a pretty lucky man. Probably the best thing he did was have that family meeting with his wife and daughter present. I shutter to think what might have happened if he had just told SS that he knew it was TB's truck. I know it seems strange to think he didn't want to tell Crime Stoppers where the truck was on Thursday, but as it's already been said, AJ is a mature man- things must have seemed very strange to him and he was genuinely worried about the safety of his family. DM's genuine personality wasn't fooling him. MOO

I'm not sure why DM bothered to get CN involved. Why wasn't MS doing the grunt work with him?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

May 10th, Friday- LE announce that they have located TB's phone.

LE also announced they were looking for 2 suspects, one with the ambition tattoo. [video=twitter;332884064140939265]https://twitter.com/cp24/status/332884064140939265[/video]

I don't necessarily think it proves that MS carried the gun, but I do think it indicates that MS was privy to a plan and was being "warned off" by DM.

Wouldn't Igor's training have made it easy for him to spot even a small handgun hidden on a man in a tee shirt?

Wouldn't Igor's training have made it easy for him to spot even a small handgun hidden on a man in a tee shirt?
Is that a suggestion that DM was stupid enough to be carrying a handgun on his body rather than in the man purse that Igor saw? IIRC, he had also had some online purchases of concealment holsters- I just don't know how well they conceal a gun under a T-Shirt. Maybe while we're on it- can someone tell me what a guy like DM carries in his man purse? From what I see, Igor never gave testimony that DM had a gun or that he was worried that DM had a gun. IMO, the key with Igor is that a phone registered to "Lucas Bates" called him, a guy who looks just like DM showed up and MS has admitted to the Court that it was in fact him in the backseat. You never know, maybe after realizing that kijiji car sellers may be retirees from the Israeli Army, DM decided that he should take a gun on his next test drive. MOO

As this case continues to churn in my head, some random thoughts pop up so....

My first reaction when I heard FIL didn't immediately tell Crime Stoppers where the truck was located was frustration. You would think that it would be a no brainer to tell them immediately. But clearly there were other things going through his mind that cloudy his decision making process. With that said, now that we know Tim wasn't alive at this point, telling LE where the truck was on that day isn't as critical. In fact...having time to move the truck adds another detail that helps the Crown....the truck showing up in a trailer in DM's mother's driveway. Another nail for the Crown to potentially drive into DM's coffin? MOO

BBM - problem being, the FIL didn't know if TB was dead or still alive at the time. IMO he screwed up big time by not calling LE May 8th, and telling them they needed to go to MA and check it out because there was a truck in there matching the description of TB's truck. IMO there was a fight between SIL and FIL and SIL told FIL he was involved in other illegal activities with DM and FIL was then beside himself wonder if he should just stay quiet or do the right thing. He didn't want his SIL or himself pulled into this mess of a high profile murder case and see his SIL charged with anything. If he feared for his family's safety, LE would have put them in protective custody. ALL MOO.

They show up at the Bosma's without a vehicle in sight...

They show up to Igor's without a vehicle in sight... was this a practice run? Were they actually already there checking things out and that's what the delay until 3pm was all about?
Boy oh boy how I'd love to know where good old Lucas Bate's (genuine guy) phone pinged on Sunday at 2pm compared to 3pm.

Igor wasn't a victim because the perps figured they wouldn't have been able to lifted him to put him in the incinerator. That to me says a lot. Their plan was to steal and truck and murdering the owner as long as he wasn't too big for them to lift into the incinerator.

I would like to know the truth, but not likely going to get it, who helped DM strip the interior of TB's truck? MOO.

BBM - problem being, the FIL didn't know if TB was dead or still alive at the time. IMO he screwed up big time by not calling LE May 8th, and telling them they needed to go to MA and check it out because there was a truck in there matching the description of TB's truck. IMO there was a fight between SIL and FIL and SIL told FIL he was involved in other illegal activities with DM and FIL was then beside himself wonder if he should just stay quiet or do the right thing. He didn't want his SIL or himself pulled into this mess of a high profile murder case and see his SIL charged with anything. If he feared for his family's safety, LE would have put them in protective custody. ALL MOO.

Yes,I think he was struggling because of his loyalty to his S-i-L - which was primarily loyalty to his daughter. It's a pretty common code, that you're not supposed to rat out on someone who is close/important to your kids, behind their backs.

I don't think they had the gun along on this drive or there would have been a dead body. I think they realized they couldn't overpower Igor and decided to forget this truck and make sure they had the gun the next test drive.

But why try and fight or over power anyone when you've got a gun to use? A gun obviously would make things much simpler. I don't think they had any intentions of letting anyone survive when they found the right sort of victim and truck. They didn't want any witnesses and that would also include the owner of the truck, therefore he had to be murdered. And there may not have been in TB's case either if SB and WD hadn't been outside having a cigarette. Perhaps DM and MS considered killing them also but left the gun in the Yukon.

Also, had SB and WD went inside right after they left the laneway, they likely wouldn't have heard any gun shots. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288