Bosma Murder Trial 02.09.16 - Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:19 PM
Cianfarani says he didn't have any security cameras at his home.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:20 PM
Millard's lawyer Ravin Pillay is now cross examining.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:21 PM
Pillay now asking if the trailer was out in the open with no attempt to conceal it. Cianfarani says it was out in the open and could be seen from the street.

Adam Carter
Cianfarani says he called the police based on the reporter's photos.

Adam Carter
Pillay is done, Dungey doesn't cross.

I've mentioned it before, but it faintly echoes the behavior of Polly Klaas's killer in court.

At his formal sentencing by a judge, Davis provoked national outrage by taunting his victim's family, extending his middle finger to TV cameras and later saying that Klaas' last words just before he killed her were that her father molested her.[3] Judge Thomas Hastings sentenced Davis to death by lethal injection and remarked that "It is very easy for me to pronounce this sentence, given your revolting behavior in this courtroom".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Polly_Klaas

kinda wish that was a sentencing option in this case.....

Adam Carter
Pillay now asking if the trailer was out in the open with no attempt to conceal it. Cianfarani says it was out in the open and could be seen from the street.

NO ATTEMPT TO CONCEAL A GIANT TRAILER, LARGE ENOUGH TO HOLD A GIANT TRUCK?

I mean, this line of defense--asking us to believe he's innocent because he did a crap job of covering his tracks--was not at all unexpected, but how exactly do you NOT leave a GIANT TRAILER 'out in the open?' Rent a circus tent?

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:23 PM
Cianfarani is excused. The next witness is John Luca Consiglio.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:24 PM
He also lives on Tinsmith court, where Millard's mother lived.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:24 PM
He's 22, and went to York University.

I mean, this line of defense--asking us to believe he's innocent because he did a crap job of covering his tracks--was not at all unexpected, but how exactly do you NOT leave a GIANT TRAILER 'out in the open?' Rent a circus tent?

:floorlaugh: Absurd isn't it?

Parking it in his mother's driveway is the attempt to conceal it! The best way he could conceal a trailer that size.....quiet residential community on a property without his name attached to it.

Agree it was a stupid question but it's pretty clear what he's trying to do. I pray no jury member buys this line of poop.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:25 PM
He provided a statement to York Regional police on May 12.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:27 PM
He told police that late Thursday night/early Friday morning that week he saw "bright headlights" from his bedroom, coming from the Burns home where a truck was either pulling up with a trailer or pulling away after dropping off a trailer.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago View translation
Next witness: Gianluca Consiglio #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
Consiglio another #Kleinburg resident on same street as Dellen #Millard's mom.

Consiglio gave a statement to @YRP on Sunday May 12/13. #MillardSmich

.@Yrp were canvassing the area for info on the #Bosma case at the time.

"I told them...on May 10 I saw a bright pair of headlights...coming across the street where a tuck was pulling into or pulling a trailer."

Consiglio says he didn't know #Millard's mom well. Just her first name. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
Consiglio says his view of #Millard's mom house is clear and unobstructed. "I had a clear vantage point." He was going to bed at the time.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 32s32 seconds ago
"It was a pickup truck, dark colour, maybe had running lights," recalls Consiglio. "I'm not a car guy." #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 26s27 seconds ago
"6 to 4 running lights," he told @YRP. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 3m3 minutes ago
Consiglio says he didn't specifically see anybody outside of the truck. #MillardSmich

Consiglio recalls lights coming from the front doorway of #Millard's mom's house. Saying the door was open. #MillardSmich

Consiglio says he didn't know Dellen #Millard. Didn't know his mom had a son. No further questions from the Crown.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
#Smich lawyer asks Consiglio if he noted how many ppl@were in the truck. Consiglio unsure aside from driver. #MillardSmich

Court now going into brief recess. #MillardSmich

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:28 PM
He says it was a dark coloured pickup truck that was dropping off the trailer.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:29 PM
He says the truck also had orange running lights above the windshield.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:30 PM
He says he couldn't see who was driving the truck. there was a light on in the house, he says.

my neophyte-ness is going to show.....can the crown compel MB to testify or could she refuse?

I don't remember, was DM's mother home or away on this night? Or, is that not allowed to be discussed? (been a long time since I first learned of all these details)

Agree it was a stupid question but it's pretty clear what he's trying to do. I pray no jury member buys this line of poop.

I actually have no idea where he was going with that one. Was he indicating that DM still did not know at that time that the truck in his possession was stolen and that the owner was dead? He was just storing it at his Mom's place until he could re-schedule that paint job? :waitasec:

MOO

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:31 PM
"The door was open and a light was coming from the doorway," Consiglio says.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:32 PM
He says he had never seen the trailer parked there before. He didn't know Dellen Millard, he says.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:32 PM
Fraser is done. No cross examination from Pillay. Dungey now asking questions.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:33 PM
Dungey just asks about the door being open again. Consiglio is done.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:34 PM
Now a five minute recess.

I actually have no idea where he was going with that one. Was he indicating that DM still did not know at that time that the truck in his possession was stolen and that the owner was dead? He was just storing it at his Mom's place until he could re-schedule that paint job? :waitasec:

MOO

Well I think what he's trying to do is show the jury that poor dear(modsnip)was set up by someone. Then again, maybe he's trying to prove his own client is a creep? It's hard to tell at this point - but if it's the latter, he's doing a fab job.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:34 PM
Now a five minute recess.

Good Lord... I keep thinking "why is this going to take months to go through?!", but then with all these disputes, recesses etc, I am starting to believe it'll take even looooooooooooooooooonger. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks