Bosma Murder Trial 02.22.16 - Day 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another point I'd like to make...when a casing is ejected, it travels to the right, rearward and slightly upward. It does so at a fairly high rate of speed and never at the exact same trajectory. IMO that casing could have ended up literally anywhere in that cab due to ricochet, regardless of which position it was fired from. If fired from the drivers seat, it likely bounces of the top of the rear driver's side window. If fired from directly behind the passenger, it probably bounces off the rear passenger's side window. In both scenarios, the casing hits a widow at an angle and high rate of speed. Also, the weapon could have been held at any angle, my point being that the location of that casing proves very little, if you ask me.

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered already, I'm about 10 pages back still, but I'm curious if you know what kind of force would the impact from the shell casing ejecting have on the window? Would it be enough to break one, or not even make a scratch, does anyone know?

So I went looking for you because there was lots of talk on this topic just a short while ago. Go up to the advanced search box on the right at the top....Type Tim Bosma Weekend Discussion #3 page 16. You may also find it by typing in Tim Bosma 02.20.16. It is Post #<modsnip>

I think the poster was talking about DM's Dodge Ram......that pic is of his GMC Yukon.....

I'm looking thru the BAJA pics and don't seen anything yet..but someone in the last is discussion thread mentioned a police scanner on dash of DM's truck (assuming this was in reference to the Ram). That is not a police scanner, it's a CB radio.

There was talk of a shield over the plates and discussion of the possibility that it could be turned on or off. I did not follow too closely.......I am confused when you speak of the Ram--which Ram are you referring to. Most of the conversation focuses on TB's Ram truck.......but DM owned an older model Ram truck that was red. I do not not if either had any special devices on the dash.

If your looking for the pics and discussion in the last thread about a box mounted on the dash...try page 16 in the Weekend #3 Discussion. The box in question has a toggle switch appears to be plugged into the cigarette lighter as a power source and is mounted low on the dash not far from the steering wheel.....Hope that is a help

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered already, I'm about 10 pages back still, but I'm curious if you know what kind of force would the impact from the shell casing ejecting have on the window? Would it be enough to break one, or not even make a scratch, does anyone know?

Its not likely that an ejected casing would break a window. Nor would it scratch bare glass. A freshly ejected casing is hot and it could possibly make a mark on the window tint film, if the truck even had it

When I say hot, I mean "hot" enough to make you dance if it landed down your shirt, not so hot as to burn a hole in the seat or carpet.

edit: mhoo

Its not likely that an ejected casing would break a window. Nor would it scratch bare glass. A freshly ejected casing is hot and it could possibly make a mark on the window tint film, if the truck even had it

When I say hot, I mean "hot" enough to make you dance if it landed down your shirt, not so hot as to burn a hole in the seat or carpet.

edit: mhoo

Thank you for that information. Out of curiosity, do you think it would be hot enough to still leave a slightly melted spot on a plastic based material like carpeting or a seat?

I'm wondering why they didn't opt for the roll up door for large carcasses if burning adult sized humans was the original purpose for buying it? I could see if it wasn't an option and they had to force someone down the hatch sized hole at that height, they would make do, but if there was a much easier option, I would have assumed they would have taken it.

My opinion only.

I don't think it would juballee. In my experiences there has never been a time where I have noticed a spent shell casing melting anything. I have had them land on my clothing with no effect except to notice the heat. And the casing I have the most experience with are rifle cartridges which hold more gun powder than a handgun load

attachment.php
attachment.php

Has anyone figured out what THIS strange device is where the stereo should be in the Yukon? I was thinking police scanner judging by the large round knob but the circular glass screen thing on the right side makes me think its more of a radar tracking scanner than a radio. What would this be for? I could not find a scanner or a CB that looks anything like it which is why I suspect some sort of aviation device, but why would the Yukon require that, what would they be tracking? Package drops?

Attachments

• What_is_this.jpg
    What_is_this.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 135
  • What_is_this2.jpg
    What_is_this2.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 125
Someone brought up the idea that the letter from SS saying that it was working great now, and commenting on the sound of the afterburner, was written while DM was in Crotia. If that's so, I never noticed that, good catch whoever that was!

What was the date the letter was written and what were the dates for DM's travel, precisely, does anyone know?

To me this suggests that whatever was happening in the hanger was continuing while he wasn't there to run it, which is an interesting idea with many possible implications, in my opinion.

I don't think it would juballee. In my experiences there has never been a time where I have noticed a spent shell casing melting anything. I have had them land on my clothing with no effect except to notice the heat. And the casing I have the most experience with are rifle cartridges which hold more gun powder than a handgun load

I suppose you are right, I imagine that the materials that the seats are made out of are a little tougher than some of the more delicate materials I have had on ties that have melted by accidentally leaning into hot things.

So I went looking for you because there was lots of talk on this topic just a short while ago. Go up to the advanced search box on the right at the top....Type Tim Bosma Weekend Discussion #3 page 16. You may also find it by typing in Tim Bosma 02.20.16. It is Post #<modsnip>

Nope wrong page. I had to go digging as well.

I think the poster was talking about DM's Dodge Ram......that pic is of his GMC Yukon.....

Yes, poster was referring the the Ram. Page 31 on discussion #3

"Not to mention the radar detector that was seen in the Ram in the pictures from Baja 2011. And whatever else he's got installed in the dash of that Yukon."

The pics I seen on DM's friends FB BAJA pics, that was definitely a CB. In another pic (back view of Ram) you can see the CB whip (antenna)
I recall that being said by others 3 years ago (about it being a scanner)

Not that it really matters, just an observation.

I'm wondering why they didn't opt for the roll up door for large carcasses if burning adult sized humans was the original purpose for buying it? I could see if it wasn't an option and they had to force someone down the hatch sized hole at that height, they would make do, but if there was a much easier option, I would have assumed they would have taken it.

My opinion only.

As you can see by the photo of Dr Rogers where just her head is sticking out , she was able to get in and out easily by the look of it. The extra lid probably cost more and the other was deemed 'good enough'.

A few important reminders:

This is the Bosma trial thread. DM and MS are on trial and nobody else is charged. Leave speculation about the involvement of others out of this thread.

Do not state your opinion or speculation as fact. If it is fact, you must provide a link or be able to do so. If it is only your opinion, then please make it very clear with JMO, MOO, IMO

There are no verified experts in this thread. If posting legal information, back it up with appropriate links.

And finally, watch your quotes. What takes posters 4 to 5 minutes to type, can take a Mod 1/2 hour to 45 minutes cleaning up the convoluted mess that transpires. Please be courteous.

:tyou:

Maybe the defence team is trying to prove that DM was planning on living on the property and so why would he commit a crime there? They are probably grasping at straws to try to come up with any type of defence strategy because they have nothing to work with?
It's a crown witness, though.
Agreed. Financial troubles. Gotta pay for the hobbies and homies.

I think he'd sign anything if it meant he didn't have to do any actual legwork. MOO

Which is what the Crown was trying to point out when the defence won the argument. So now that testimony is just hanging there without clarification. I wonder if there will be more about why they wanted to build this shed.

My personal opinion is that they were going to sell or rent out the hangar and DM needed a place for his "business". The farm is perfect. No more security or legalities. Keep everything private. Imagine if it had been there when they murdered TB? No need to tow the incinerator back and forth. It's all in one place. On private property...away from the road where people can't see anything. Or at least he thought. Seems like the neighbours were better than airport security as far as keeping an eye on the activity on the property. LOL

MOO

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

If G56 is indeed a misinterpretation, it is pretty ironic that this misinterpretation happens to be a high-performance manual transmission for the same truck TB had. This tranny can be swapped to replace the automatic in TB's truck. Crazy irony!

http://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9l-cr-performance/33242-auto-manual-swap.html

ETA - to be clear, I too think GSE makes more sense

I agree that it appears to be GSE. When enlarged, you can see where the top horizontal bar of the E is disjoined from the vertical bar. If the last figure was a 6, there would be no need for a pen stroke of any kind to the top right of a 6.

And yes, I was going to post about an automatic being swapped for a manual, so agree on that point as well.

As you can see by the photo of Dr Rogers where just her head is sticking out , she was able to get in and out easily by the look of it. The extra lid probably cost more and the other was deemed 'good enough'.

It may have been easier for her to maneuver herself in and out because she was alive and able to move her arms and legs of her own volition. I also imagine she needed a ladder to get up in there at the height that the hatch was at. Maneuvering a floppy 6ft, 170lb deadweight would be something completely different, in my opinion.

He was willing to pay a little more for the larger unit, we have seen, but I don't remember them saying that there was a significant price increase for the rolling door.

Now that I think about it, unless they were planning on killing very obese people, the 250lb model would have sufficed, why go with the larger model? Wouldn't that require more fuel?

All my opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member