Bosma Murder Trial 03.31.16 - Day 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be extremely interesting to see how the cross examination of SS plays out.....IMO RP et al have been soft on a couple of witnesses (you all know who I mean) and very aggressive with others.....

I'm always more interested in what Dungey has to say with these witnesses. It seems he is able to get out stuff that the Crown is not. ;)

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Seeing text messages up on the screen. Pillay objects bc there are texts shown btwn Millard and people other than Schlatman. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Crown says those other messages are linked to Mark Smich. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 3m3 minutes ago
Crown going through texts between shlatman and DM. 10 days before #TimBosma goes missing. @AM900CHML

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
"These are admissible text messages," Fraser says. Adds context. #Bosma
RSBM...

Pillay arguing that text messages between Millard and Smich cannot be shown. Since MSM reported this dialog, this means the Jury was not excused.
I would interpret that Pillay objection, as an admission that both of those charged are hiding messages that would be harmful to their defense if shown.
Not exactly helping either of them appear innocent...

Jury could be thinking "Thanks Ravin!! Appreciate the help for deliberation later"

MOO

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Jury looked at text messages between Millard and Schlatman where Millard was looking for a generator that was used to power the Eliminator

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Millard was looking for it at the end of April 2013 which is the time leading up to #TimBosma's disappearance

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Crown asked what else the generator could have been used for, "I use it for welding" Schlatman said. But other than that, he didn't know.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3m3 minutes ago
The generator was 10,000w and was used to power the Eliminator incinerator. #TimBosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Crowns questions for Schlatman are finished. Jury has left room for legal arguments. #TimBosma

IMO, people remember things they want to, are able to recall dates, events etc that have specific meaning. Others are not so good with memory.
Example, 21yr old daughter can recall every aspect of week leading up to, 2 weeks during, and week following the death of her father...including medical transactions between family and health care. The following 2 weeks after his funeral are non-existing in her memory.
I am not a fan/supporter of SS but he may have "trained" himself to forget certain times of his past. Although, IMO, he knows more than he's saying.

SS testimony seems to again be skinny on information. The legal arguments restricting evidence are frustrating.

Due process, yes, I get that.

We have seen text messages about LW2 having to pee in the morning ... hardly pertinent.
What restricts the evidence of text messages between MS and DM (pertinent to the case) from being shown?
Why is it prejudicial to the accused to have the Jury see texts that might show the accused are not innocent of the crime?

Do we actually have a Justice system, or only a Legal system? :notgood:

Opinion only...

According to Twitter, AC is having issues with his live blog (seems to be working again though) but says via Twitter:

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Now in a recess until 12:30. #Bosma #TimBosma

We have seen text messages about LW2 having to pee in the morning ... hardly pertinent.
What restricts the evidence of text messages between MS and DM (pertinent to the case) from being shown?
Why is it prejudicial to the accused to have the Jury see texts that might show the accused are not innocent of the crime?

Do we actually have a Justice system, or only a Legal system? :notgood:

Opinion only...

I think in reference to the texts, it was only because they were between DM and MS, not DM and SS. So it does make sense that Goodman put a stop to showing those since SS is on the stand. SS is presumed to not know about those conversations (even if he did - he's a third party)

Someone please tell me the date that Shane testified previously please?

I think in reference to the texts, it was only because they were between DM and MS, not DM and SS. So it does make sense that Goodman put a stop to showing those since SS is on the stand. SS is presumed to not know about those conversations (even if he did - he's a third party)

So what witness is supposed to be able to show those texts? :waitasec:

It's not like SS isn't a pro at saying "I don't know what they mean" ;)

MOO

I found this tweet interesting...

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 57m57 minutes ago
On May 2, he asks if Schlatman will be working Monday. On May 3, asks if the junk forklift mast/forks were working. #Bosma

For a guy who claimed he worked 7am to 7pm for his "boss", we've now heard that he gets to work between 9am-10am, comes and goes as he pleases and even the boss doesn't know if he's going to be there or not?

MOO

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 24s25 seconds ago
And we're back. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16s17 seconds ago
Schlatman ready for cross by Sachak for Millard. Jury is in. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 16s17 seconds ago
Having issues with my live blog, so just have to tweet for now from #TimBosma trial. #HamOnt #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 43s43 seconds ago
Nadir Sachak up first to cross-examine Shane Schlatman. #Bosma

Velma! Troubles!

So with all this generator talk, are we to assume that "if" there was a plan, it originally entailed using the "barbeque" at the farm, with the generator?

MOO

So what witness is supposed to be able to show those texts? :waitasec:

It's not like SS isn't a pro at saying "I don't know what they mean" ;)

MOO

Maybe whoever pulled the texts from the phones or some kind of LE IT person? Just a guess....i'm wondering why the crown thought SS should testify to them.....that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.....unless they were in relation to texts he had sent DM? Or maybe they are in some kind of code that SS could help decipher (ie:BBQ)? I'm thinking we will see these texts presented by someone else......MOO

I'll pick up AC's tweets while his blog is down

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Having issues with my live blog, so just have to tweet for now from #TimBosma trial. #HamOnt #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Millard's lawyer Nadir Sachak now cross examining. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 43s43 seconds ago
"You clearly got along with Dellen?" Sachak says. Schlatman says yes -- but just in a work capacity. #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 37s37 seconds ago
Schlatman was Millardair employee even after Millard's arrest. He sYs he got along with Dellen and he was a good boss. Did not socialize.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16s16 seconds ago
Millard was invited to his wedding. Schlatman is 41. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 27s28 seconds ago
Millard was invited to Schlatman's wedding. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 11s12 seconds ago
"You're not lying are you? You're not tailoring your evidence to suit Mr. Millard?" Sachak asks. Schlatman says no. #TimBosma #Bosma

Hmmm maybe they do read WS ;)

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s35 seconds ago
Sachak going over their relationship. Friendly but not pals. Didn't socialize much outside hangar but Millard did go to his wedding. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 45s45 seconds ago
Asked if he is lying or "tailoring" his evidence to support Millard. "No." #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 22s23 seconds ago
Schlatman now being cross examined by Dellen Millard's lawyer Nadir Sachak. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11s12 seconds ago
"So you're here and you're not lying, are you," Sachak says. "You're not giving evidence that's favourable to Millard."
"No" Schlatman says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member