Bosma Murder Trial 06.2.16 - Day 58 - Closing Arguments Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
"For them, Igor was not the right target," Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 11:24 AM

"Bring change of clothes" Millard wrote in a text to Smich on the fifth. Leitch says this is clear evidence they planned to kill that day.
by Adam Carter 11:25 AM

"The clothes Mark Smich was wearing would be burned along with the other evidence."

Something that has been bothering me for a long time:

If the reason DM and MS didn't hide their faces because the plan all along was to eliminate the witness (and that makes sense, if that was the plan), then why did they not go back and harm SN and WDB as well? Of course I'm thankful they did NOT, but they were certainly witnesses as much as Tim was. I know it would only be speculation on any of our parts to answer that but it's just one of those things that has always bothered me because it doesn't add up.

They had to know SB and WDB could identify them, as much as Tim could, right?

This is has been a sticking point for me for a long time too. If they were really just psychopaths, then they would have had no problem with going back and eliminating witnesses. Especially if leaving no witnesses alive was part of the plan, as the crown is asserting, leaving 2 good witnesses doesn't make sense.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 34s34 seconds ago
There are two quick phone calls between them before they meet up. Leitch says they are discussing the mission. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 33s33 seconds ago
May 5, 11:20 a.m. "Mission day," texts Millard to Smich. Two quick phone calls between them after that. Going to see Tumanenko.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 50s50 seconds ago
Mission day, Millard says to Smich on May 5, the Tumanenko test drive day.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 32s32 seconds ago
Millard to Smich: "Bring change of clothes." Crown says evidence "they were planning the murder that day."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 44s44 seconds ago
Millard texts both Smich's phone and ipad. Says "reaching you now...ETA 20 mins...bring change of clothes." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 29s29 seconds ago
Leitch asks why they need a change of clothes if the plan is truly to go back in the middle of the night to get the truck. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 12s12 seconds ago
He says the plan was that the old clothes would be burned with other evidence, and he'd change into his new clothes after the murder. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 34s35 seconds ago
If they were going to test drive all three vehicles first and then go back to steal, why bring change of clothes that day?

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 27s28 seconds ago
"Bring a change of clothes." This is clear evidence they were planning murder, Leitch says

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11s12 seconds ago
Leitch says the test drive with Igor was odd. They arrived on foot, so their plates wouldn't be seen. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6s7 seconds ago
Change of clothes were needed for post-murder. "The test drive with Igor was odd," says Crown. "His size and training saved his life."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 37s38 seconds ago
Weird look btwn them when Igor referenced his time in the Israeli army. Leitch says that look was them saying "let's wait for the next guy."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 8s9 seconds ago
A significant look passed between Millard & Smich during Tumanenko drive, when he said he was Israeli Army.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 7s8 seconds ago
Igor was ex-Israeli soldier. Later when Millard asks should he steal truck from nice guy or *******, Igor was *******, Tim was nice guy.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 33s34 seconds ago
He references comment to Michalski on May 4: "should I steal from the nice guy or the a--hole?" #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19s19 seconds ago
Leitch says they were thinking about who the easier target would be. You don't need a nice guy if you're going back in middle of the night.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10s10 seconds ago
Why would that matter if they were stealing in middle of the night?...Michalski was part of Millard inner circle at this point.

So true ... Perhaps they were even planning on selling their services to other criminal gangs to "disappear" people/bodies, thus collecting the $100,000 a month from that enterprise?
Ugh I hate to even think about this but my mind often wanders back to the one comment about Shane modifying the white van.

"His size and training saved his life," Leitch says about Tumanenko.
by Adam Carter 11:26 AM

"Dead men don't do lineups, or identify tattoos," Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 11:27 AM

Leitch says Michalski was deep in Millard's influence at this time, so it isn't so crazy that Millard would tell him about the plan to steal a truck.
by Adam Carter 11:28 AM

Doesn't make sense, rationally speaking, but DM's logic we will never understand, IMO ... At least I hope we never will ;) Same as why not spend the $23,000 on a 3500 instead of buying the Eliminator?? For the thrill of creating/carrying out an unspeakable mission ... A game to enthrall him ... Pushing the limits to see what he could get away with, and more, IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Eliminator was part of a bigger project. It was not specific to TB's murder, and was to be used for the $100,000/month mission goals DM had set when needed. Looking at the Eliminator for this mission only is not the correct perspective.

MOO

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Jury is being recalled. Crown Tony Leitch will continue with his closing address. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 54s55 seconds ago
Aug. 20, 2012 Millard test to Smich about "a 35." Crown says that's reference to 3500. Smich verified that in testimony. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 43s44 seconds ago
Leitch references a text about a 3500 between Millard and Smich in Aug. 2012. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 28s29 seconds ago
Millard: "We take what we want from the source."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 26s27 seconds ago
Millard texts Smich "no more money bro. we take what we want from the source." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 41s42 seconds ago
Leitch is reminding jury of more texts between Millard & Smich about buying a gun & the "35" mission

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 25s26 seconds ago
Leitch says there are more texts that clearly outline this plan to steal a truck. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4s5 seconds ago
Planning to steal Dodge 3500 in texts. Sept. 5, 2012 text, Millard tells Smich to "move the BBQ into the barn" then "scope 3500 at night."

They didn't take what they wanted from Isho, I notice.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 43s44 seconds ago
Leitch says defence asked why Millard would tell Michalski this. Leitch says Michalski was part of his "inner circle." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 26s27 seconds ago
"In his mind, Millard believed he could control all these people he told his plan to steal--which was actually a plan to kill." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 57s58 seconds ago
Should we steal from the nice guy or *advertiser censored**hole? Millard asked Michalski, his roomie, theft-buddy, trusted confidant

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 50s51 seconds ago
Millard believed, erroneously, as it turned out, that Michalski would keep his plans a secret, says Crown.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Marlena Meneses, too, knew the plan. But Millard assumed Smich had control over her. "That backfired too." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 52s53 seconds ago
All the people he told of the theft beforehand were under his control, Millard believed, Leitch says.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 47s48 seconds ago
On May 5 Millard texts Noudga: "no go today." Leitch says this is a clear reference to her knowledge of his plan. Of course, she denies this

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 43s44 seconds ago
After Igor test drive they went back to Maple Gate. Millard texts Noudga: "No go today."

He also texts Lisa Whidden that he was working on swapping his gas truck for a diesel. Leitch says again figured he had control over her.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 38s39 seconds ago
Crown says that is proof Noudga knew they planned to kill. Noudga won't admit because she has own upcoming trial for accessory after fact.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 46s47 seconds ago
Leitch says it's clear from her time on stand, he still does. She was still "batting her eyes" at him from the witness box, despite charge.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 35s36 seconds ago
A deep belief in his ability to control people who idolize him, Leitch says. Lisa Whidden was still batting her eyes at him in court

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 34s34 seconds ago
Crown says another Millard girlfriend, real estate agent Lisa Whidden, "batted her eyes at him from the witness box."

Millard believed that Michalski wouldn't say anything. "In his mind, Millard believed he could control all these people. Such was his overconfidence."
by Adam Carter 11:28 AM

Millard has "a deep belief in his own ability to control the people who idolized him," Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 11:30 AM

Leitch says you could see Lisa Whidden "batting her eyes" at Millard in court from the witness box.
by Adam Carter 11:30 AM

Leitch now showing a powerpoint, showing what happened from May 6 to May 11.
by Adam Carter 11:31 AM

Leitch is starting with the cell phone movement presentation, showing how Millard, Smich and the Bate phone moved around this time.
by Adam Carter 11:32 AM

"If it's a flop, I'll be done in 2 hrs. If it goes ... it'll be an all nighter," Millard wrote to Noudga. Leitch says again this shows planning.
by Adam Carter 11:32 AM

"For them, Igor was not the right target," Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 11:24 AM

"Bring change of clothes" Millard wrote in a text to Smich on the fifth. Leitch says this is clear evidence they planned to kill that day.

"The clothes Mark Smich was wearing would be burned along with the other evidence."

Smich said that Igor's truck had GPS that why they didn't steel it from him. Is this a fact that the truck was equipped with GPS or a made up story by MS?

Well, I find it hard to believe the deer died of disease, coincidentally on DM's property, and had to be burned. He wasn't a hunter and most people hunt for the meat. Burning a deer makes no sense but to test the incinerator. IMO.

Also, this is the first I've heard of this. Anyone else?

I'm thinking it wasn't a deer but it was LB and DM only told SS that it was a deer.

This is has been a sticking point for me for a long time too. If they were really just psychopaths, then they would have had no problem with going back and eliminating witnesses. Especially if leaving no witnesses alive was part of the plan, as the crown is asserting, leaving 2 good witnesses doesn't make sense.

They were too busy with the cover-up, and their thinking can't be compared to our rational thinking, IMO ... We will never be able to comprehend their thinking in a normally sensible way.

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 44s44 seconds ago
Leitch says he will now take the jury through May 6 - May 11, as part of a powerpoint presentation. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 44s45 seconds ago
Court now seeing cell phone tower maps.

First slide shows phone records. The Lucas Bate phone calling Bosma, pinging off towers in same area as Millard phone. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 27s27 seconds ago
7:40pm, Millard texts Noudgat: "I'm on my way to a mission, if it's a flop i'll be done in 2 hrs. If it goes it'll be an all nighter" #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 13s13 seconds ago
Looking at text messages and where they were sent from. 7:40pm DM to CN: On my way to a mission...

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 35s35 seconds ago
Seeing movement of cell phones on May 6, 2013. Interspersed with text to Noudga from Millard at 7:40 p.m.:

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 21s21 seconds ago
"I'm on my way to a mission, if it's a flop I'll be done in 2 hrs. If it goes it'll be an all nighter."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18s18 seconds ago
Around 9pm, Bate pone, Millard phone and Smich phone all ping around area of Tim Bosma's house. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 35s35 seconds ago
... If it's a flop I'll be done in 2 hrs, if not it will be an all-nighter, Millard tells gf on way to #Bosma home

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5s5 seconds ago
Bate phone is powered down at 9:23 pm.
Smich phone goes off at 9:20pm. Leitch says it's either dead, or powered down. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4s4 seconds ago
9:05 p.m. Call from Bates burner phone to Bosma. That is the moment Smich and Millard are walking up Bosma driveway.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 12s13 seconds ago
But Leitch argues it's "ridiculous" to suggest battery just conveniently died at that time. He says this is right after #Bosma was killed.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 11s12 seconds ago
At 9:20 and 9:23 Smich phone & prepay phone shut down. Leitch says #Bosma is dead at that point.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont now
At 9:23 p.m. Bate phone shut down. Crown says that Tim is already dead by then. Just 18 minutes after they meet him.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8s8 seconds ago
Leitch now shows the SuperSuckers video clip, that shows the Yukon arriving at 8:46pm. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6s6 seconds ago
Now security video from Super Sucker.

Leitch says when the Bate and Smich phones were powered down at 9:20 and 9:23 p.m., Bosma is dead.
by Adam Carter 11:33 AM

He says the idea that Smich's phone just happened to die around that time is ridiculous.
by Adam Carter 11:34 AM

Now addressing the Plaxton video presentation. He says at 9:05 p.m., Millard is on the phone at the Bosma home, and couldn't be in the truck.
by Adam Carter 11:35 AM

"It simply cannot be because of the phone records."
by Adam Carter 11:36 AM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 40s40 seconds ago
In Oct 2012, Smich and Millard stole a Bobcat in the middle of the night, w friends. There were lookouts, walkie talkies. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 34s34 seconds ago
Theft of Bobcat organized by Millard. "When he wanted to steal something, took precautions not to be caught."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 32s32 seconds ago
Oct 2012 saw at least two big heists, when a Bobcat was stolen. They used walkie talkies & lookouts

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 46s47 seconds ago
Leitch says this shows Millard took precautions to not get caught--but also, despite his wealth, "took what he wanted." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 37s38 seconds ago
Millard was rich, but "He just liked to steal things...Now planned to kill as well. Increasing the challenge and thrill of it," says Leitch.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 30s31 seconds ago
Leitch says Millard "liked to steal but now planned to kill as well. Increasing the challenge....and the thrill." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 33s34 seconds ago
Despite his wealth Millard stole. "He just liked to steal things." The escalation to murder gave him bigger thrill

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 25s26 seconds ago
Wayne Millard's death left Dell with $3.7 million loan to pay off for the hangar.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5s6 seconds ago
Leitch says Millard had debts after his dad's death, as illustrated in texts. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 31s32 seconds ago
References again texts to Michalski in April 2013 about needing $100k/month to get out of the hole. And that "dangerous plays' were needed.

Millard to Michalski: needs $100,000/month to get "out of the hole." Says "a lot of dangerous plays must be made first."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 27s28 seconds ago
Leitch says this shows financial need, and a willingness to commit crimes to get out of his financial hole. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 23s24 seconds ago
Millard told Michalski he needed $100k a month to get by. Hard work is one thing, scary work is another & the law is intimidating, he wrote

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13s14 seconds ago
"This shows financial need & a willingness to commit crimes" to get out of his financial hole, says Crown. "Was under some financial strain.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 34s35 seconds ago
Millard and Smich took "no precautions" not to get caught, at the #Bosma residence that night. There are no walkie talkies. Only 2 involved

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 37s37 seconds ago
Only two people involved in Tim #Bosma murder. "The two people on trial," says Crown.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 20s20 seconds ago
He says again the plan was to murder, leaving no witness as to who could identify them. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 36s36 seconds ago
The night #TimBosma was killed the plan was different. They didn't need to cover faces bc plan was to kill witness

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 19s19 seconds ago
Oct. 8, 2012. More text references about 3500 mission between Smich and Millard. "We be takin' anything we need," raps Smich.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 28s28 seconds ago
He says they liked to steal it and their plans were escalating--building the challenge and the thrill. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 12s12 seconds ago
"Bigger financially and a bigger thrill payoff" were planned, says Crown.

Which is it, do they take precautions or not take precautions when committing crimes?

Do we know if Tim's house keys were on the keys he used for the test drive? It would have been real easy to go back and do this if that were the case. I think they just assumed there was no way they could have identified them, the burner phone would be all they had to go on.

No it does not make sense... for one killing.
However, neither the gun, nor the incinerator, were disposable items. So the capital cost could be amortized across multiple homicides. If LE had not caught DM and MS, they would have continued.
LB, TB, Victim c,Victim d,Victim e,Victim f,Victim g etc, bigger more dangerous missions per DM to AM.

BBM. For a non-accountant you sure know how to speak our language! :D

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 29s29 seconds ago
Smich turns his phone back on in Oakville just before picking up his girlfriend, morning of May 7

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11s11 seconds ago
Re: defence exhibit, showing 2 additional clips of what Millard's defence argues is truck passing, Leitch says there's 2 possibilities.

Leitch going away from his notes to speak to jury about the defence take on Super Sucker video vs. Crown theory.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 7s8 seconds ago
If they accept the time stamp is 3 hours off, DM and MS are in the driveway and it's not the truck. Or they believe it is the truck. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 30s31 seconds ago
Leitch is looking at the extra Super Sucker video submitted by Millard lawyer, says it could be #Bosma truck or not.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19s20 seconds ago
Either way Leitch says, both men are in the truck at this time. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 7s8 seconds ago
Leitch is at his best when he argues points like this. Very clear, concise, easy to relate to.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 31s32 seconds ago
Either way, Smich and Millard are in the truck with Tim #Bosma, he says

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 9s10 seconds ago
Photo of intersection of Book and Trinity roads near Tim's house...Also seeing Bullmann field photos where Crown believes Tim was shot.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 27s28 seconds ago
Seeing photo of the field where the Yukon was parked that night. Neighbour Rick Bullman testified he saw 2 vehicles leaving the field #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 11s11 seconds ago
Looking at Bullmann field, where neighbour saw 2 vehicles leave from deep in the field between 9:15 & 9:30pm

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 22s22 seconds ago
Leitch says Bullman gives "pretty accurate evidence" about the vehicles being deep back in the field. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 25s25 seconds ago
Reminding jury of Bullmann evidence of two vehicles deep in field, come out together. #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv