Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #4

Discussion in 'Timothy Bosma' started by sillybilly, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

2. Loading...

3. sillybilly

:rose: Remembering Tim Bosma and waiting for Justice :rose:

[​IMG]
    National Post

By Molly Hayes

[​IMG]

TIM AND HIS DAUGHTER
    Photo courtesy of the Bosma family​

4. sillybilly

Attached Files:

5. Juballee

Juballee Former Member

If the contact to Dubien on the 9th was to ask him how to uninstall the security cameras, I wonder why DM didn't just ask him how to destroy or erase the hard drives?

6. CJPRINCESS

CJPRINCESS Well-Known Member

Him being the IT guy, this doesn't surprise me that he's connected to the MA domain. But I could be wrong...I'm not an IT expert, heck I'm lucky to do the basic functions on my phone lol

7. Abitcountry

Abitcountry New Member

I checked that out on www.johnhoward.on.ca in Visitors Handbook.
    It appears that unless there is a security risk, a visitor sits at a table with the detainee....no glass no phone.

8. RandomName479

RandomName479 Verified Pharmacist

Where did you see this? I was under the impression court was Mon-Thurs (except for the family day week) and wasn't sitting during Spring Break.....

9. RandomName479

RandomName479 Verified Pharmacist

I will admit to knowing NOTHING about visiting someone in jail.....but how do you know they use the phone/plexiglass instead of visitor tables? <modsnip>

10. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom Because I'm the Mom, that's why.

No, it didn't really surprise me either but what does? Is that there doesn't appear to be any snapshot of this site until May 12, 2013, according to wayback machine https://web.archive.org/web/20130601000000*/http://millardair.com

11. MsSherlock

MsSherlock Well-Known Member

On my initial search a few years ago, Millard Holdings Ltd. and Millard Properties Inc. did not have any properties registered to them at the time of DM's arrest. However, they may have had assets such as vehicles, patents and equipment. Millardair Inc. is the legal name of the aircraft business- any aircraft they owned were kept in this company. According to the historical aircraft registry, it was Millardair Limited up until 2008. It also appears that at one time it was Millardair Ltd.
    http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur...n=|MILLARD|&tn=||&ln=||&fn=||&rfr2=RchHs.aspx
    Millard Properties was the company that leased the land for the hangar.
    http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/3244013-public-cash-supported-failed-hangar-plan/

12. Abitcountry

Abitcountry New Member

I would like to quote the page and source....but sadly, it was a line read quickly this Monday past. I read it and thought that it was unusual but was glad of it and never thought of it again until this morning.

13. CJPRINCESS

CJPRINCESS Well-Known Member

I believe you read that the judge asked if a Friday was open, if they could use Fridays as a court day. I remeber that being said but this Friday was not confirmed.

14. hippy_chic

hippy_chic New Member

I've been lurking the websleuth forums on this case since the beginning, this is my first post, I hope I quoted correctly. Thanks to all of you, who have been posting here, it's made for interesting reading & sleuthing. To answer your question about visits, I have personally been visited (23 yrs ago when I was young & did something very dumb that put me on the holding side of the glass), & I have also been a visitor, at the Barton St holding centre in Hamilton. All visits in that particular holding facility, are secure visits (thick glass & a phone), unless you're meeting with your lawyer or the police. The open visits that the John Howard society speaks of, are in federal prisons (unless there's a security risk, then even in federal prison, there would be thick glass & a phone). I hope that helps to answer your question.

15. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

https://web.archive.org/web/20130512004955/http://www.millardair.com

There is nothing archived any earlier than May 12, 2013. LW's testimony claimed that her husband did the surveillance, she said nothing about IT work. Take from that what you will.

MOO

ETA: Ontario Mom beat me to it! I'm sure there is discussion about this somewhere around here from a couple years ago.

16. Kamille

Welcome hippy_chic :welcome:

Thanks for clarifying that for us. I also seem to remember that the reporter from the Hamilton spec who visited DM at Barton St and did an article about it mentioned the glass and black phone receiver between them.

Yes here it is...

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4075078-exclusive-jail-visits-with-bosma-s-accused-killers/

17. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom Because I'm the Mom, that's why.

I was referring to Agnew the NAPA auto parts guy saying sometimes HE had contact with Charlie the IT guy. As far as I know, he's the only one who called him that. But I suppose it's not really a stretch to call the IT guy the surveillance guy, or vice versa - especially if it's all set up digitally (as I would assume most systems are, these days).

I'm 99.99% positive there was discussion about the MA site on here years ago - but I seem to recall SS's name being attached to it somehow (registrant, contact, something), not Dubien's. Does anyone else remember that or am I dreaming that?

18. Kamille

SS's name was attached to DM's email account, not the website that I remember. Not surprising really when you consider DM had pretty much no online footprint other than a facebook with a few friends, the steam account and the DNA page. I don't think computers were his thing and he likely delegated all that stuff to his "employee(s)".

MOO

ETA: I think the "contact" NAPA had with "Charlie the IT guy" was that when Charlie was at the building he was likely in the office area working on the surveillance and he answered the phone.

19. Kamille

Now that we know there was an IT guy who installed the surveillance system in the hangar, it makes more sense to me why DM didn't just destroy the PVR. How do you explain that to your IT guy? Now if you trust IT guy enough to ask him how to erase the PVR and he says it's complicated, just unhook it and I'll do it for you later...well that's another option I guess too right?

MOO

20. billandrew

billandrew New Member

The hangar (building asset) would still be listed in one of the companies, probably Millard Properties, but the property registration applies to the land which is owned by the local municipality.

ETA: the article states Millardair built the hangar for $6.4 million in 2011. That's a significant asset and I'm not clear if it was financed, although we have heard about a $3.7 million loan to buy new equipment. Can a building on leased land be used as collateral?

21. Abitcountry

Abitcountry New Member

Too bad they were not in session today. I was wondering about the outcome of the deliberations and legal arguments Thursday afternoon.
    Witness testimony this week inspired an exploration of such topics as Lying to the Police or the Court`...Perjury Laws & Penalties. Interesting reading !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.