CANADA - Davion, 5, disappeared, found w/life-threatening injuries, Bramptom, July'18 *Arrest*

I am praying for this boy to survive,

My views here are usually somewhat controversial, but in my view there wouldn't be much point him surviving physically if his head injuries are so severe that they leave him with massive and permanent brain damage such that he would require permanent round the clock care.

There are things worse than death.

My views here are usually somewhat controversial, but in my view there wouldn't be much point him surviving physically if his head injuries are so severe that they leave him with massive and permanent brain damage such that he would require permanent round the clock care.

There are things worse than death.

I agree with you.:(

Man charged with attempted murder of boy who went missing in Brampton
Dyon Smart makes a court appearance in Brampton in this court sketch Thursday July 19, 2018
image.jpg

Now I'm hearing that the boy was first noticed missing at 5am but only reported missing at 6. Police noticed blood drops on sidewalk. Dyon did not help in search this morning. 6 pm news report via CP24.

I moved from Ontario a few years ago but still keep watch on Toronto news. I saw the new thread for this missing little boy and told myself ‘don’t go there’. But, I did and saw it quickly turn into an attempted murder investigation. Now, I’m torn, but I know I’m here for the duration. Why does this keep happening to children?

Sadly most cases of a child 'missing' from their bedroom seem to involve parents who are abusing drugs. How on earth was this Mother even allowed to have a man arrested on charges of attempted murder to be around her child? Was there NO ONE looking out for this baby's welfare???

Neighbors are telling Global reporter the mother has been trying to break up with him for months and couldn't, for instance she'd kick him out and the next day she'd find him in the backyard.

Having difficulty swallowing the 'trying to break-up with him' part of the story - saw it here -

Investigators have not said exactly what Smart’s relationship to the family is. However a friend of the boy’s mother told CTV News Toronto that she and Smart had previously been in a relationship and that he was “lingering” after she no longer wanted him around.

Man charged with attempted murder of boy who went missing in Brampton

Now we have this report -

Neighbours say they heard arguing in the unit in the early morning hours.

“I heard a loud bang or thud at 2 a.m.,” a neighbour told police. “It woke me up.”

The boy’s mother called police at 6:05 a.m. and said her son was not in his bed but that she had checked on him at 2 a.m. and he was fine.

Missing Brampton boy, 5, located with life-threatening injuries

Surely after the stabbing charge last Sept one of his bail conditions would be not to go within x feet/meters of the complex where the victim lives (or lived) - and where his gf and mother of this now barely alive boy live. Enough to call 911 if he was hanging around when not wanted.

I think friends are throwing in the 'mom has been trying to break-up with him' bit to try and take a little heat off her.

According to a previous article linked Dyon Smart has been charged with aggravated assault against this boy and 'fail to comply with recognizance' and 'breach of probation order'.

I moved from Ontario a few years ago but still keep watch on Toronto news. I saw the new thread for this missing little boy and told myself ‘don’t go there’. But, I did and saw it quickly turn into an attempted murder investigation. Now, I’m torn, but I know I’m here for the duration. Why does this keep happening to children?

Because the justice system in Ontario is a joke (oh hi Karla, you piece of garbage)?
Because there are sick and twisted people that walk among us?
Because there is no death penalty to wipe out the trash to ensure it doesn't happen again?

I suspect there are lots more answers but those are the ones that jump out to me right away.

I may be wrong but I read prior article pertaining to the breach of probation and failure to comply was slapped on him today due to the September incident. It states the man he stabbed lived nearby. I am assuming within same complex? <modsnipped> I saw a pic of him on one of the twitter feeds. Pull your pants up <modsnipped> and what's in the red solo cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<modsnipped- not victim friendly and circumventing censors>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie